Getting QuickBooks error 9999 while connecting to the QuickBooks online bank website is quite common. There occurs lots of other problems within the system if it is not resolved in the possible time. Well, the bank itself fixes the issue. However, the issue is not fixed then you must consider some troubleshooting. The post contains easy troubleshooting ways that help you in resolving the issue.
What is QuickBooks Online Error 9999
The error does not let the user finish any ongoing work. Also, refer to as the script error that appears when the browser denies running a script on a third-party domain. It is a protection against attacks from Cross-Site Request Forgery.
Due to this issue, users receive fault messages like modifying email addresses, transferring funds, and submitting a malicious infection. You cannot download and update bank feeds once this error appears on the device.
The message that you encounter with the issue states “Sorry, we cannot update your account. Please try updating again later (9999).
Well, the main cause behind it is the internet connectivity issue. However, there can be several other reasons as well.
Possible causes behind QuickBooks Banking Error 9999
Lots of factors can lead to this QuickBooks banking error 9999.
- Slow Internet connection.
- Corrupted cache files of Browser.
- Issues from the Bank website.
- The bank and QuickBooks server are not connecting.
- Antivirus corruption.
- Bank and Intuit server having some establishment problem.
- Corrupted installation of QuickBooks.
Symptoms to Detect QuickBooks Error 9999
- The same error text pops up on the screen.
- Freezing of browser.
- Issues while connecting to the bank.
- The system is not reading the command of the mouse and keyboard.
- Crashing of an active window.
- Windows operating system processes are running slow.
Important Steps before Resolving Error
Things to consider before rooting out the issue are given below:
- Tap Bank Transaction window.
- Then, hit the Report button on the error text.
- Try to verify and install the QB file if you have not installed it earlier.
- After that, specify the name and email address.
- Tap Submit.
Read This: QuickBooks error 1722.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 9999
There are lots of ways that you can use to fix this QuickBooks error code 9999. Move into the solutions below to learn them.
Solution 1: Repair Windows Registry
- Navigate towards the Start button.
- Then, enter Command Prompt.
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Shift buttons together.
- Also, hit Enter.
- Choose Yes when prompted with a text.
- Open the Command Prompt window and specify Regedit.
- Subsequently, choose Enter.
- Go to the Registry editor window now.
- Just choose the key associated with Error 9999.
- Thereafter, click the File menu.
- Choose the Export option.
- Try to locate the backup key by selecting the folder.
- Later, choose Selected Branch on the Export Range box.
- Click Save.
- Just save the file with the .reg extension.
Solution 2: Update Windows System Drivers
- Choose Windows and X buttons.
- Move towards the Device manager.
- Click on the category to locate the device name.
- Thereafter, perform a right-click on the device for updating it.
- Choose the Update Driver option.
- Hit Uninstall for removing the driver.
- Finally, just restart the system and install new drivers.
Solution 3: Run Windows System File Checker
- Press the Windows button.
- Open the search bar and enter Command Prompt there.
- Perform a right-click on the command prompt.
- Also, choose Run as administrator.
- Try to specify Sfc/scan now.
- Press Enter.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Control Panel.
- Thereafter, Uninstall a Program.
- Also, visit the Programs and Features tab.
- Hit Uninstall a Program.
- Go through the list of Programs and choose QuickBooks from there.
- Now, tap Uninstall/Change tab.
- Then, choose Remove.
- Finally, just click Next
After completing these steps, make sure to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop on the device.
Solution 5: Clean Junk Files
- Access the Run window.
- Further, specify Cleanmgr.exe inside it.
- Also, hit Enter.
- Click OK.
- Thereafter, choose Clean up system files from the Disk Cleanup window.
- Later, click Yes.
- A list of files will appear that you want to remove.
- Make sure to mark all items.
- Choose OK.
- Hit the Delete Files button.
Solution 6: Remove Unwanted Sites
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Visit Favorites.
- Now, choose the Filter button.
- Right-click on it and choose Delete.
See Also: QuickBooks error 6000.
Solution 7: Clear Browser Cache
The user should now clear the browser cache if the error is still disturbing them. Here is how you should do it on different browsers.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Visit the three vertical dots on the right corner of your screen.
- Also, click on the Settings button.
- Move your cursor down and click on Clear Browser Data.
- After that, click on the Advanced button.
- Choose all of these following items:
- Cookies and other site data
- Download history
- Cached images and files
- Browsing History
- Consequently, hit on the drop-down of the Time Range.
- Choose the time during which you want to delete the cache.
- Then, click on All Time.
- Subsequently, choose Clear Data.
- Open QuickBooks online again and check if the error is resolved or not.
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Head towards the top right corner and click on the Hub icon.
- Subsequently, tap switch History.
- Hit the Clear all history.
- Also, choose Browsing history.
- Thereafter, tap Cookies and saved website data.
- Later, click on Cached data and files.
- Tap the Clear option.
- After that, hit the All Clear button.
- Close the Browser.
- Just access QuickBooks and verify if this error is still there or not.
Safari 8 or Later
- Hit Safari menu.
- Click on the Clear History and Website Data and Clear History tabs.
- Then, choose the period for clearing the cache.
- Click on the Clear History tab.
- Thereafter, choose Safari.
- Also, hit the Quit Safari tab.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Visit the History tab.
- After that, choose Clear Recent History.
- Go to the drop-down menu of the Time range to clear and pick the desired range.
- If you pick the Everything tab then it can clear everything from the beginning.
- Click the arrow button located beside the Details button.
- Clear the appropriate elements.
- Also, choose all the items.
- Tap the Clear Now option.
- Now, just relaunch QuickBooks online and find issues within.
- Launch Opera browser.
- Also, choose Menu.
- Tap the Settings.
- Then, click on Privacy & Security button.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Click on the Obliterate the following items from the drop-down menu.
- Subsequently, choose The beginning of time.
- Mark any of the following items.
- Browsing History
- Cookies and Other site data
- Download History
- Try to cache images and files.
- After that, click on Clear browsing data.
- Open the browser and your QuickBooks.
Solution 8: Windows Update Download
- Tap the Start button.
- Now, specify Update there.
- Hit enter.
- Try to install the update if you find any.
- Thereafter, just check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 9: Restore Recent System Changes
- Firstly, use admin rights to log into the system.
- Hit the Start button.
- Choose All Programs.
- Also, click on Accessories.
- Then, select System Tools.
- Thereafter, choose to Restore my computer from a window opened in your device.
- Go through the instructions carefully.
- Just hit Next in the last step.
Also Read: QuickBooks error 1904.
Solution 10: Reconnect to Bank Account
- Firstly, disconnect the QB online account.
- Now, choose the Edit button.
- Also, hit Edit Account Info.
- Once done, click on Disconnect this account on save.
- Pick Save and Close tab.
- Move towards the dashboard now.
- Try to establish the link as you are not connected to the bank.
- Thereafter, pick Add Account.
- Try to link the bank account with QuickBooks online account.
- Specify the Username and Password
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: What do you mean by Script error?
Answer: Script errors are those errors that come when the browser does not let a script run on a third-party domain.
Question 2: Does the browser’s cache files bring QuickBooks online error 9999?
Answer: Yes, of course, the browser’s cache files bring the issue when there is an internet issue on the device.
Question 3: Why do I face error 9999 QuickBooks online at the time of updating my bank account?
Answer: It could be possible due to corrupted cache files, slow internet speed, and antivirus connection. Moreover, issues from the Bank site can also lead to this problem.