QuickBooks is said to be one of the most useful software in the accounting industry which most companies use. QuickBooks comes with different versions and is updated from time to time. QuickBooks needs certain system specifications to work on your system smoothly as other software does. If you do not fulfill the system requirements for QuickBooks, then the software might not work smoothly in your system and can lead to different errors. In this article, we are going to talk about the system specifications that you need to use a particular version of QuickBooks on your system. We have mentioned minimum QuickBooks system requirements and you need to make sure you fulfill all of them before using the QuickBooks software on your system.
Features of the QuickBooks Software
- One of the best and newly introduced features is that it enables you to track the history of the invoices.
- You can see the status of the payroll if you are making a direct deposit.
- Track your inventory using the inventory tracking feature.
- You can set reminders for payments from your customers to get a payment on time.
- You can condense the data files.
- It provides you with better and more understandable reports to provide you with a clear picture of your business account.
- You can make the bill payments using the write check feature provided by QuickBooks.
- It will help you make payments much faster to your employees and vendors.
- It provides you with a quick update feature.
- You can keep track of your business using the advanced inventory feature and make better decisions for the future.
QuickBooks System Requirements
Here is a list of all the minimum requirements that you need to fulfill if you are going to use the QuickBooks software.
System Operating system
- You can opt for Windows 10 of all versions and of 64 bit that will be installed natively. If you are using any other version, check the QuickBooks compatibility with windows 10.
- Another option is to opt for Windows 8.1, all versions and 64 bit.
- Windows 7 SP1 of all versions and 64 bit.
- MS windows server 2016 V.
- MS windows server 2012 R2.
- MS windows server 2011.
- MS windows server 2008.
QuickBooks works on the Internet Explorer only and hence it needs an Internet Explorer version 11.0 and above. If you do not have it, we recommend you to download the same.
Database server specification
If you are using the Windows operating system: All the above servers mentioned in the operating system specification section can be used with the QuickBooks software.
If you are a Linux operating system: In case you are using the Linux operating system then you can use Red hat, Fedora, and OpenSUSE.
The next is the browser specification and it requires on the Internet Explorer as default.
- If you are using QuickBooks for the US, then you will need a US version of windows too.
- In case you are using QuickBooks for Canada, you will have to use the Canadian version of Windows.
- In case you want to use the QuickBooks software for multiple users, then you are needed to provide enough information that does not stop the working of the QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Make sure that the Windows version is natively installed.
- You will be needed to set up your keyboard related to the place you are using it. If you are using it in Canada, set it according to that and the same goes for the US.
System Hardware Requirements for QuickBooks
- The processor of your system must be of a minimum 2.4GHz.
- The RAM of your system must be 4GB and 8GB.
You can choose the RAM size depending upon the number of users for which you want to use the QuickBooks software.
- If there are up to 5 users, go for the 8GB RAM.
- If there are up to 10 users, go for the 12GB RAM.
- If there are up to 15 users, go for the 16GB RAM.
- If there are up to 5 users, go for the 20GB RAM or more than that.
- You need at least 2.5GB of free disk space to install the files of the QuickBooks.
- You will need a .net framework 4.6 version on your system.
- To install the QuickBooks on your system, you will need at least 2GB of RAM on your system.
- You will need a 4X DVD ROM for the CD.
- An optical drive will be needed.
- The screen resolution of your system must be 1280x 1024 so that you can manage your work easily.
- Make sure that the settings of your DPI are set to default.
Now that we have mentioned all the specifications that you need on your system to use the QuickBooks desktop 2020, it might be easier for you to decide the QuickBooks version that you want to operate on your system. If you still face any errors with the installation or the working of the QuickBooks software, we will be there to help you with the same. You can call us and our executives will help you with the same.