QuickBooks being a popular software derives its users worldwide. But, still, there arise several problems while installing and accessing it. To keep these errors at bay, Intuit designed the terrific repair tool QuickBooks clean install tool. This tool while running automatically renames the old install folders of QuickBooks. Thus, helping in resolving the installation bugs.
Well, this post is fully based on this unique tool. So, if you are curious enough to know how the tool works and how one should download and install it then just explore throughout the guide. The tutorial below will help you to take advantage of this tool.
What is QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
QuickBooks usually creates unnecessary files within the system that may bring interruption to your work. QuickBooks clean install tool aids in that situation by uninstalling those programs and files in a time-saving way. So, it is mandatory to use this tool. Below are some instances in which you should consider its usage:-
- While accessing multiple company files on the network and then an error occurs.
- Simple re-installation of QuickBooks does not fix the errors and bugs within your system.
- Several installation attempts did not work out in fixing the installation errors.
When to use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
QuickBooks clean install tool should be downloaded and utilized if users encounter any of the following situations:-
- When facing an error while trying to access multiple company files.
- A simple reinstallation of QuickBooks didn’t fix some QB error codes.
- QuickBooks showing installation-related errors.
List of errors fixed through QuickBooks clean install tool
The tool is capable to resolve various installation and damaged folder issues. Below are some hand-picked errors that you can easily fix through this tool:-
Things to do before running QB Clean Install Tool
QB clean install tool may not help you enough if you ignore these prime things on your device. So, always keep a QB file backup and product and license number of QuickBooks. The steps below will assist you in how to do so:-
- Make use that you have access to QuickBooks desktop download file, installation CD, and license numbers.
- Also, get ready with the product and registration number which you can get on the Product Information window. Hit F2 or Ctrl +1 to open the window.
- Once done, create a copy of the QB file to avoid further consequences of damaged and corrupted data.
- Thereafter, insert the flash drive to create a backup of voluminous files
- Another way for creating a backup is listed below.
- Choose File to pick the restoration company item.
- Then, choose any of the following local or online backups.
- In the last, hit Next and go through the on-screen guidelines.
How should one download, Install, and Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The step-by-step guide provided below will assist you in downloading, installing, and using the QuickBooks clean install tool. So, dive straight and conduct the steps:-
Step 1: Download & Installation Process
- Go to Intuit and locate the official downloading link for QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Then, just save the file.
- After that, run the saved file or QuickBooks-clean-install-tool.exe.
- Here, we will be heading towards the installation procedure.
- Just double-click to launch it.
- Thereafter, hit I accept the license agreement.
- Pick your QuickBooks desktop version.
- Also, choose Continue.
- Hit OK on the text “QuickBooks is ready to try a clean install and you’ll install this to the default directory”.
Step 2: Using the tool
Now, we will learn the procedure of using this tool. Make sure that the section is subdivided into five steps. So, perform while keeping those things.
1. Uninstall QuickBooks
- To initiate, launch the Run window by hitting Windows + R buttons.
- Thereafter, specify Control Panel.
- Also, hit OK.
- Go to the list of the drop-down menu of Programs and Features.
- Choose Programs from there.
- Further, choose QuickBooks from the list of Applications.
- Make sure to clear the alternatives.
- Just go through the instructions carefully provided to complete this procedure.
You May Also Like:- Quickbooks error 80070057.
2. Rename the Installation folder
After that, you need to rename the downloaded files along with the folders to locate hidden files. You can do it by adding old or damaged kinds of phrases to the end of their files and folder names. That in turn, will create the new folders automatically.
- Hit the Start menu.
- Try to find out the File explorer.
- Just open the folder that has your QB files. You can find out the folder in these locations.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Once done, just perform a right-click and hit Rename option.
- Thereafter, add OLD at the end of their name.
- This will help in identifying the new and old folders.
- Also, the new folders will become created on their own.
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks on your system.
3. If you see the “Access denied while renaming the folder” error
- Initially, perform a right-click on the Windows taskbar.
- Choose Task manager there.
- After that, move towards the Processes button.
- Hit picture name column heading.
- Once done, pick QBDBMgern.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, QBDBMr.exe, and qbw32.exe.
- If you see any warning pop up like “just in case you finish the procedure, it will result in unfavorable outcomes such as data loss and system difficulties”. Make sure to hit Yes.
4. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Push the installation CD inside the CD drive of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, go through the prompts carefully.
- Specify the product and license number when the software has been successfully installed.
- Go through the instructions.
- Choose Next.
- Later, the preferable installation method.
- Choose Next and Install thereafter.
- After the installation ends, you can restart your system.
5. Collect or Create Data Backup
- Get a QuickBooks software alternative installer.
- Try to update QuickBooks with the most recent version.
- Meanwhile, you must have a registration number as well.
- If cannot locate it then make sure to check out the initial package or Intuit’s emails.
- Afterward, specify the year or merchandise’s version.
- Once done with the following, just save the company file backup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: How do I reinstall QuickBooks Pro 2021?
Answer: Here are the steps:-
- Open QuickBooks.
- Move towards the File menu.
- Choose Open or Restore Company.
- Thereafter, click another option titled Local Backup.
- Also, hit Next.
- Try to browse the system for locating backup company files.
- Create a folder or choose an existing one to save the restored QB file.
- After that, hit the Save button.
- Pick the preferred installation method.
- Finally, just complete the installation by following the wizard.
Question 2: Can I remove the old services in QuickBooks?
Answer: Yes, you can do it through:-
- Opening the Windows Start menu.
- Try to locate the File explorer to access it.
- Then, just access the folder that has your QB file.
- Perform a right-click on the same.
- Hit the Delete option.
- Go through the prompts carefully and put an end to this task.
Question 3: How to uninstall QuickBooks 2015?
Answer: Visit the windows start menu:
- Enter the Control panel.
- Open the same.
- Thereafter, choose programs and features or Uninstall a Program.
- Pick QuickBooks desktop 2015 from the list of installed programs.
- Hit Uninstall/Change button.
Question 4: What does the Clean Install QuickBooks tool do?
Answer: The tool helps in resolving bugs that appear while installing QuickBooks. It also renames the old install folders inside QuickBooks to create spaces for new install files. Make sure to use it when several attempts of reinstalling QuickBooks still do not help in fixing the issue.