Quickbooks clean install tool has been developed to overcome all the issues that a user can face while using the Quickbooks software. It can be used to resolve almost every issue that you face with the working of the software. The process of clean install includes the uninstallation of the existing Quickbooks software and replacing the files related to it. Due to this process, some people fear that their data might be lost but it is always kept in mind that the working of the tool doesn’t affect the data. But if you still have a concern, you can create a back up of the files and folders. In this article, we have mentioned every step that you need to follow to clean install Quickbooks from your system. Facing an error with the files related to the Quickbooks file, download Quickbooks file doctor tool. The process comprises four steps like uninstallation of Quickbooks, renaming of the file, installation of the clean tool, and again installing the Quickbooks software. We have mentioned all the steps in detail and have mentioned their respective steps.
Things to keep in mind before uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
Before uninstalling the Quickbooks desktop from your system, make sure you keep the things mentioned below in your mind. These are the most important things that you should consider.
- The very first thing that you have to keep in mind is that you are needed to note down your product number and the license number. If you are facing any error with your product number, read the invalid POS number article to solve it easily. In case you have uninstalled the software, you won’t be able to get it later and it is essential to again register to the Quickbooks desktop. If you are not able to find it, you can look for the properties in the QuickBooks software that you are currently using.
- The next important thing that you need to remember is to create a back up of all the company files and folders so that you do not lose any data at the time of the uninstallation. You can either create a backup locally or you can use a drive to save your data. Copy the data to an external drive if you want. You will have to go to the Quickbooks software and look for the backup option. We will recommend you to create a back up in drive because it is much faster to retrieve and copy. You will be provided with some instructions to create a backup. Follow all the instructions.
Steps to use the Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
Follow the steps mentioned below to use the QuickBooks clean install tool to reinstall the Quickbooks software on your system.
Uninstall the Quickbooks from your system
- The first thing that you have to do is go to the control panel. If you don’t find it, press the Windows key and the R key.
- Then you will see an option for programs.
- Check the list of the programs installed in your system. In that list, look for the QuickBooks software. and click on it.
- Uninstall it and wait till it finishes.
- Once done, close the control panel.
Install Quickbooks clean tool on your system
- The next thing that you have to do is download the Quickbooks clean install tool.
- You can download the tool from the official website.
- Once you have downloaded it, go to the folder where it is saved and look for the file.
- Click on the installation file.
- After this, you will be needed to accept the conditions and start the installation process.
- Wait till it is getting installed.
Change the name of the installation files
- The next thing that you have to do is rename the folder in which your files are stored.
- You can use the windows explorer to view the files that are hidden.
- When you found your file, go to the rename option by right-clicking on it.
- You will see an option to rename, You will be needed to add an old at the end of all the folders that contain your files.
- Once done with this, restart your system.
Install Quickbooks again
- The last step is to download and install the Quickbooks desktop on your system.
- You can download it from the official Quickbooks website.
- Choose the version that you want to use and start downloading the file.
- Once downloaded, click on the file and start the installation process.
- wait till it completes and then open the Quickbooks software again.
Many of the Quickbooks error can be resolved easily by only installing the Quickbooks again on your system and the clean install tool makes it easier to carry out the process. In case you want any assistance with reinstalling Quickbooks on your system, you can reach us on our toll-free number and our experts will guide you with the issue.