Keeping the company data safe is the utmost concern of a particular company. Whenever software faces a bug or a glitch, there are chances that it can affect your data that can lead to data loss. Therefore, it is always advised to create a backup of the data so that if you lose it from the software, you can easily restore it. QuickBooks also provides you with a feature to create a backup of your file within the application. It is highly advised to create a backup after a while. it is an easy process to create a backup in QuickBooks. In this article, we have talked about two different ways in which you can create a backup in QuickBooks. We have mentioned them in detail to make it easier for you to understand. We will recommend you to talk to our professionals in case you need any personal guidance to create a backup in QuickBooks.
Ways to create a backup file in QuickBooks
As we have mentioned that it is important to create a backup file for your data so that you do not lose any data due to issues. The backup data can include anything like the QuickBooks files, templates, logos, or anything you want to create back up. In QuickBooks, you can create a backup in two ways. Either you can use the automatic backup for the file or you can use the manual method for the same. We have mentioned the stepwise procedure of both methods. When you face data protect backup are failed.
Create automatic backup
The first way that we are going to discuss is the automatic backup provided by the QuickBooks software. Follow the steps for the same.
- First, you need to switch from the multi-user mode to the single-user mode.
- Once you are done, you will have to click on the file menu and then on the backup file option.
- Next, you will have to click on the option to create the backup and then select the option to create it locally.
- After this, you will have to select the location where you want to store the backup.
- Once done, you will have to click on the Ok button.
- You will be provided with different options on the present window and you are required to choose accordingly. All the options are mentioned below.
- First, you will have to check the time and date of the file to make sure that you can check it later. After this, you can also decide how many backup files you want to create and also decide the number of files that will be created in a month.
- You can also click on the option to get a prompt indicating that you have to create a backup and how often you can see it.
- Next, you will have to make sure that you opt for the option to always verify before proceeding with the backup. You are needed to click on the complete verification to make sure that your data is always verified.
- Once you are done with the choices, you are needed to review them and click on the Ok button.
- After this, you will have to proceed with the backup process.
- After this, you are needed to choose whether you want to create a backup now or schedule it for later.
- In case you are opting for the option to save the backup now, confirm the location and click on save.
- The other thing is that if you have selected an option for both the future and present file, you are needed to make sure that you have selected the option to get a prompt whenever you close the file.
- If you are looking for the option to save the data for the future, you are needed to click on the option for the schedule. Enter the related information.
- Once done, click on the button “OK” to save the settings.
Create a backup manually
The other method that we are going to discuss is to create the backup manually. Follow the steps.
- The very first step is to go to the File menu and then select the option to enable the single-user mode.
- Next, you will have to again go to the File menu and then go to the backup file option.
- You will have to click on the option to create a backup locally.
- After this, you will have to select a location where you want to store the data. you can use the browse option to find an appropriate location.
- Next, you can also define the number of backup files that you want to keep and also set the reminders for the backup.
- Next, you are needed to make sure that the data you are going to create a backup for is safe. You are needed to run the test.
- After this, you will have to save the settings and then click on the save now option to start the process of backup.
We hope that all the methods that we have mentioned have helped you to create a backup of your file. Creating a backup in QuickBooks is easy as well as important to keep the data safe. We hope that the article was beneficial for you and you won’t have any issues with creating a backup in QuickBooks. In case if you still feel like you need to talk to an expert on this issue, you can reach our professionals.