Emails are said to be one of the most prominent ways of communication between the companies, sellers and buyers and much more. Quickbooks also come up with a feature to send emails to your fellow employees, other companies, vendors, etc. It is a wholesome process to set up an email in Quickbooks which can lead to errors if anything goes wrong. There are times that you have completed the setup process but yet Quickbooks is unable to send emails. Though this is not a much critical error, it must be resolved sooner. In this article, we have come up with a guide to resolve Quickbooks error. We have mentioned different methods that you can apply if Quickbooks is unable to send emails. In case you are still not able to resolve the error and Quickbooks is unable to send emails still, you can contact our support team for the assistance in resolving the error or setting up email in Quickbooks.
Reasons for “Quickbooks is unable to send email” error
If you are unable to send an email with Quickbooks, here are some of the possible reasons why you are unable to do so.
- In case you are running your system in the administrator mode, then you can encounter the error.
- Any component of the Quickbooks which is damaged or corrupted can make you encounter the error.
- The next possible reason can be the corrupted .dll files.
- If you have not updated the outlook according to the Quickbooks software, you won’t be able to send an email with Quickbooks.
- If the Outlook application has been damaged or corrupted, it will lead to this error.
- Lastly, one of the possible reason is that the Outlook application is running on your system simultaneously.
Methods to fix “Quickbooks unable to send email” Error
Switch to the normal mode from the admin mode
The method in the list is to switch from the admin mode to the normal mode in Quickbooks. We will recommend you to go for this solution only if you are accessing the QuickBooks software in the administrator mode. Follow the steps listed below.
- first, you are needed to open the Quickbooks software and then go to the property section.
- There you will find an option for compatibility and then see if the software is running in admin mode.
- If it is running in the admin mode, you are required to disable it.
- Once this is done, you will be required to look for the updates and if any of it is present, update it.
- Once done, restart your system.
- Open Quickbooks again and check if the error remains.
Install Quickbooks again
the next recommended method is to adjust the outlook software for your system and then install the QuickBooks again on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step is to shut down all the applications running.
- After this, you will have to go to the task manager and end all the processes running related to the QuickBooks.
- The next step is to change the name of all the files and folders related to the QuickBooks and then restart your system using the clean install tool.
- After that, you will have to change the name of the QuickBooks folder.
- next, remove Quickbooks from your system.
- the next step is to install the Quickbooks software again on your system and carry out the process of installation following the steps mentioned on the screen.
- Once you are done with this, next you will have to enter your credentials and activate Quickbooks.
- Finally, try to send an email.
Change your email preference
The next possible solution is to change the preferences of your email. Follow the stepwise process mentioned.
- Firstly, you will have to open the Quickbooks desktop and then go for the edit option. After this, you will have to look for the preferences option and then you will be required to log in to your outlook account.
- After this, you will be needed to click on the option to send a form.
- Next, you will have to look for an option of outlook and then click on it.
- Once done, save the settings.
Configure the preference of email in your browser
The next solution is to configure your email preference in the browser or internet explorer. Internet Explorer should be your default browser when it comes to Quickbooks. Follow the steps mentioned.
- Firstly, you will have to log out of the file and shut down the Quickbooks.
- The next step is to open Internet Explorer. You can press key R and window key together and search for the explorer.
- next, you will be required to look for an option for Internet and then click on the same.
- It will then open up a new window and you will be able to edit the option to the outlook option if any other browser is set as your default browser.
- Once you are done with this, you will have to shut down the Internet explorer running after saving the settings that you have made.
- Once done, try to send an email using the Quickbooks.
For many companies, it is necessary to connect the Quickbooks with the email to communicate with their colleagues and their customers. We have mentioned all the ways in which you can add an email with the Quickbooks and all the options that you get to connect. We hope the concepts are clear to you. In case you face any error while connecting email to Quickbooks, you may call us for assistance.