QuickBooks is one of the commonly used software for bookkeeping and accounting software. Like any other software, QuickBooks also has some bugs. One of the bugs that we are going to discuss in this article is Quickbooks error ps077. QuickBooks error ps077 is a kind of payroll error that indicates that QuickBooks is not able to update the tax table. You can encounter this error when you are trying to update payroll on your system. If you encounter this QuickBooks ps077 error, then it will allow you to update the tax table but you won’t be able to proceed with the process.
In this article, we have discussed how you can easily fix the QuickBooks error ps077. We have mentioned all the possible causes of the error ps077 and have tried to provide you with the best to resolve it. Stay tuned to the article to know the causes and fixes for the QuickBooks error ps077. A QuickBooks error ps077 error code is sometimes seen when the user is trying to download payroll updates. A message will appear that states:
“QuickBooks is having Problem while Installing Payroll Tax Table Update.”
What is QuickBooks Error PS077?
You might see QuickBooks Error PS077 on your screen when there is some issue with the payroll. With this error, you will see “Problem having trouble installation payroll tax table update” written on your computer screen. This problem generally occurs when the user trying to access the payroll is not a registered QuickBooks user or the file that he or she is trying to access is either corrupted or damaged. In order to fix the error PS077, you can either turn off the UAC or update QuickBooks on your system.
Possible Reasons for the QuickBooks Error Ps077
Payroll update errors are common while working on QuickBooks software and there can be several reasons for the same. Below we have mentioned possible factors that can lead to this error ps077 in QuickBooks:
- If the tax table file on your system gets corrupted or is damaged, it can lead to QuickBooks error ps077.
- In case the QuickBooks files get corrupted or damaged on your system for some reason.
- The other common reason is that the billing details are not up to date or you are entering the wrong details.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Ps077
Following are the symptoms of the QuickBooks Error PS077 that will help you to recognize the error.
- When you are installing the latest update of the software or the payroll, your QbS software gets hung.
- You may see the QBs error Ps077 error message flashes continuously on the screen.
- You can’t download the payroll update because of this error.
- The computer system responds very so]lowly to the inputs that are coming from the keyboards or the mouse.
- You are unable to download the tax table to its current release.
Important Points to Consider Before Troubleshooting
You need to follow the below-mentioned points to fix the error ps077 before applying the resolving methods.
- You need to repair the QBs software
- Enter the correct billing info in your payroll account.
- Create a Backup file of your company file.
- You must verify that your system has installed only one Qbs software.
- Check your subscription to payroll.
The Process to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error ps077
Below we have mentioned the stepwise process to troubleshoot the QuickBooks ps077 error. Make sure you follow the process as it is mentioned:
- First, you are needed to make sure that you have registered properly in the QuickBooks software.
- Next, you will have to make sure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks software. In case, the version of QuickBooks is not updated, update the QuickBooks desktop.
- Next, make sure that you are using the correct billing information.
- Now, you will have to click on the repair option and run it.
- Other than this, you will be required to turn off the UAC. Once you have done that, you will be needed to update your software after you have disabled the UAC.
- After this, you will have to check the license number of your QuickBooks software. For this, you will have to go to the QuickBooks home.
- After this, you will have to press the F2 key and it will open the product information prompt.
- Next, you will have to write down the number and then close the window.
- Last, you are needed to make sure that you are using one version of QuickBooks only.
In Case You are Using One Version of QuickBooks Desktop
You are needed to follow the below-mentioned steps if you are using only one version.
- First, you are needed to create a backup of the company file.
- Next, you are needed to terminate all other applications.
- Once done, you are now needed to start the run window.
For Windows 8
- First, you have to go to the window section and go to the start screen.
- Next, you will have to go to the background of all apps.
- Lastly, you are needed to hit the run option.
For Windows 7 and Windows XP
- Make sure that you are using the system as an admin. If you are not, switch to the admin account.
- Next, you will have to click on the start icon and then go to all programs.
- Now, you will have to go to the accessories option and then click on the run option.
For Windows Vista
- First, you are needed to go to the control panel on your system.
- Next, click on the programs option and you are required to double-click on the program that you want to add or remove.
- It will then redirect you to the QuickBooks installation page or window.
- you are needed to click on Next.
- After this, you are required to select the option to remove the software and click on the next option.
- There are chances that you will see an option to go online in case you are updating the software. If you do get it, click on it to continue.
- You can also see a simple OK option to redirect you to the online version.
- Make sure that QuickBooks is not opened in any other system. If it is, close it first. In case your update is present on the server, you are needed to update it from there first and then update it to the systems.
Read more:- How to setup an email in QuickBooks?
Steps to Follow if you have Multiple Versions of QuickBooks
In case you are using any other version of QuickBooks, you are needed to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Initially, you will have to uninstall the already installed version of QuickBooks from your system.
- Next, you will be needed to restore the QuickBooks update.
- After this, you will have to download the payroll tax table on your system.
- Next, you are needed to resort to the list and then verify the data.
- Now, you are needed to perform the clean uninstall of the QuickBooks software and start it in a selective mode.
- Lastly, you will be needed to update your tax table.
QuickBooks Error PS077 can be resolved by disabling UAC (User Account Control). Here are the steps to disable UAC:
- Go to the Start menu and then type “Control Panel” in the search box.
- In the Control Panel, click on “User Accounts”.
- Under the User Accounts window, click on “Change User Account Control settings”.
- Next, move the slider to “Never Notify” and then click on “OK”.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
QuickBooks Error PS077 is a common error that usually occurs when the QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted. This error can also occur if there are some problems with the QuickBooks installation. To fix this error, you can run the QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility.
Here are the steps to run the QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility:
- Close QuickBooks and all its related processes.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, type “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter.
- In the Programs and Features window, select QuickBooks and click on the “Uninstall/Change” option.
- In the QuickBooks Installer window, select the “Repair QuickBooks” option and click on the “Continue” button.
- Once the repair process is completed, restart your computer.
- Now, open QuickBooks and try to open your company file.
- If you still see the QuickBooks error PS077, then you can try to restore a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install
This error can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks using a clean install.
To uninstall QuickBooks:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Go to the Control Panel and select “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of installed programs and click “Remove”.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall process.
- Restart your computer.
To reinstall QuickBooks:
- Download the QuickBooks installation file from the Intuit website.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Open QuickBooks and activate your license.
- Restore your backup file (if necessary).
We hope the steps mentioned above are enough for you to get rid of the QuickBooks error ps077. If you still face the QuickBooks error ps077, then you can reach our support team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I verify payroll subscription on QuickBooks desktop?
In order to verify your payroll subscription, first you will need to log in to your QuickBooks account as an admin or payroll admin. Now click on Employee and then payroll center. After this, you would be able to check your payroll subscription status.
Q2. How do I check my QuickBooks subscription status?
For this, you will need to log in to your QuickBooks account. Now tap on Settings and then Account and Settings. After this, click on billing and subscription, and then you would be able to see your subscription status.
Q3. What is QuickBooks Error Ps032?
QuickBooks error PC032 signifies that when you are not able to download or install the payroll updates.