QuickBooks application is employed by many users and almost 70 percent of industries. It has gained great popularity in recent times. QuickBooks comes in different versions and every version has its specialty. Many people use the basic QuickBooks desktop version and some likes to use the enterprise version. Many people like to use the QuickBooks pro or premier version. Installing QuickBooks is an easy task and it should be updated from time to time. Being software, QuickBooks can sometimes encounter an error while even performing a simple process. Sometimes a user can face an error while they are trying to update the QuickBooks on the system. QuickBooks Error 1601 is one such error that a user can face when he is attempting to update the QuickBooks on the system.
In this article, we are going to talk about what QuickBooks error code 1601 is and how to get rid of it easily. Stay tuned to the article to know everything about the QuickBooks error 1601.
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Error 1601
QuickBooks error 1601 is a common error that a user can face when they are trying to update QuickBooks. It indicates that QuickBooks installation is not completely updated. There can be many reasons why the user can face the error 1601 QuickBooks. The list is given below:
- The most common reason is malware or virus attacks on the system.
- In case any of the QuickBooks files are corrupted or flawed, the users are going to face the error 1601 QuickBooks.
- In case the Windows installer gets damaged, the user can encounter the error.
- Enough permissions are not provided to the QuickBooks software and the windows.
- QuickBooks is not properly installed in the system.
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1601
It can be tricky to get rid of the QuickBooks error 1601 but there are many ways that you can opt for if the user wants to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 1601. The user is needed to follow the method in the same way as they are mentioned to avoid any complexities and errors.
Verify the Windows Service
The very first method is to check whether the windows installer service is working fine or not. The user is needed to follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to click on the start icon on the screen.
- After this, the user needs to type MSC in the type box.
- Next, the user needs to click on the services local option in the window it will be redirected to.
- Now, the next thing is to click on the windows installer option and then go to the properties option.
- After this, the user needs to go to the startup type and make sure that it is marked as disabled. After that, the user needs to click on the manual option.
- After this, the user needs to click on the service status option and then click on the start option.
Employ the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The next solution is to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to start the system and then sign in to the system as an admin.
- After this, the user will have to download the Quickbooks install tool from the official website.
- After this, the user will have to save the file on the desktop on the system.
- After this, the user is needed to open the folder and then click on the installer file with the .exe extension.
- Once it will be installed, the user needs to start the tool.
- The tool will automatically diagnose the issues with the Quickbooks software and then repair them.
Employ Clean Install of QuickBooks
The next solution is to perform the QuickBooks clean install Tool. but first uninstalling it and then installing it again. Follow the steps.
- The very first step is to uninstall the QuickBooks software from the control panel.
- After this, the user needs to go to the folder in which the QuickBooks file is present. Quickbooks file must be present in the C drive with the version of the QuickBooks that you are using.
- After this, the user is needed to change the name of the QuickBooks file.
- The user needs to add old at the end of the name of the QuickBooks file.
- Once done, the user needs to download the QuickBooks application again on the system.
Re-register the Windows Installer
The next method that we are going to discuss is that you need to register the Windows installer again.
- The very first step is to go to the command prompt and type misexe/unreg.
- After this, the user is needed to confirm the same by clicking on the Ok button.
- Once done, the user is needed to go to the command prompt again and then type exe/reg.
- Next, the user is needed to confirm it.
- After this, in case the user is still encountering the QuickBooks error code 1601, a new windows installer is needed to be downloaded.
Fix .Net Framework
Fixing the .Net Framework is a two-step procedure. Follow the steps one by one. But before it, take a backup of your company file data.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks
Uninstalling the software is the basic step when you are going to fix any type of error. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to uninstall the QuickBooks.
- Go to the start button.
- Then, type the control panel, and press enter.
- Navigate the Programs & features tab, and click on Uninstall option.
- After that, follow the instructions that are shown on the display.
- Lastly, once it is done, proceed to the next step which is changing the name of the installation folders.
Step 2: Modify the Name of the Installation Folder
After uninstalling the QBs, follow the below-outlined steps to rename the installation company folders using the clean install tool. Download the tool and run the tool. After that, accept the license agreement by clicking on the I accept option and hit OK when you see the message that QBs is ready to do the clean install. Now, change the name of the installation company folder and then, reinstall the QBs desktop from the intuit site.
Turn Off the Antivirus Software
You must follow the steps mentioned below in order to turn off the antivirus to fix the QuickBooks Error 1601.
- In the Search field, type settings and click on it.
- Now, single-click on the option Update and Security tab.
- Click on the Windows security, and then tap on the virus and threat protection.
- Search for real-time protection and disable it.
Read more - What is QuickBooks online error 9999?
QuickBooks users can face many errors while they are trying to update the QuickBooks on their system. We hope that all the methods discussed in the article will help the user to get rid of the QuickBooks error 1601.