Though QuickBooks is the most used accounting software these days, there are some glitches present. There are some errors that a user can face while working on the software. It can be because of the QuickBooks software or maybe because of the computer system. One such error that a user faces is QuickBooks Error PS107. You can face this error if any of the files in the QuickBooks software has become unreadable or you can face this error while you are trying to update the payroll using the QuickBooks software. Even if any of the files in your QuickBooks software is corrupted, you are going to face QuickBooks Error PS107. In this article, we are going to help you to resolve QuickBooks error PS107 in simple and easy steps. We have mentioned different reasons due to which you can encounter this error. Read the article till the end to know everything about how to fix PS107 error QuickBooks.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error PS107
Here are some of the reasons why QuickBooks error PS107 occurs. If you are facing the QuickBooks error PS107, there can be one of the reasons:
- In case you are facing any network issues in your system, you can encounter this error.
- The other possible reason is that your system is getting infected by the virus or any malware.
- The next possible reason for encountering this error can be that any file of the QuickBooks software is corrupted or damaged.
- The last possible reason is that the new financial forms are supported by the old forms.
Read more - How to print checks in QuickBooks?
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error PS107
We are mentioning different ways in which you can fix the QuickBooks error PS107 in simple steps. Choose the one that works best for you:
End the Process
The first method that we recommend to you is to end the process. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first step is to open the task manager on your system.
- in the task manager, look for the process option.
- You will get a list of all the processes that are running on the system.
- Find a process related to the QuickBooks software and click on the process.
- Then you will see an option at the end of the window to end the process. Click on that option.
Update the QuickBooks
The next way is to update the QuickBooks software. You will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your QuickBooks software and look for the help tab.
- In the help tab, You will have to click on the update.
- After this, you will have to update the QuickBooks software.
- Make sure you click on the option to get updates.
- Once the update is completed, you will have to restart your QuickBooks software.
Update the Payroll
The next recommended solution is that you can update the payroll. Follow the steps mentioned below. You can also update the payroll manually.
- To update you will be required to insert the CD and then you have to open the payroll update option.
- In case you are a premier version user or a pro version user, you can go to the employee option and then look for the payroll update.
- Next, you will have to install the payrolls. You might be asked to look for different files.
- You will be needed to find them using the browse option.
- Now, you have to find the files mentioned on the CD.
- Look for an option to open the CD. Choose the files from the CD and open them.
Install QuickBooks Again
The next recommended solution is to install the QuickBooks desktop again on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first thing is that you will have windows explorer in your system.
- You can run the software using the combination of the window and the R key.
- In the search box fill up misconfig.
- It will open up a new window. You will have to go to the general tab.
- You will be required to select the startup mode and load service option.
- After this, you will have to disable all the Microsoft services.
- Make sure that the window installer is enabled and submit it.
- After this, you will be required to reboot your computer system.
- Once done with this, you will have to again install the QuickBooks on your system.
Change to Single-User Mode
The last option that we recommend you is to switch to the single-user mode. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first thing that you have to do is go to the QuickBooks software. You will see an option to switch to the single-user mode.
- Once you have switched to the single user mode, next you will be required to create a backup of your company file.
- To create the backup, you will have to go to the backup option and opt for creating a backup locally.
- Now, you will have to select a location where you want to store your backup.
- After this, you will be given several options. choose the one.
- Next, wait until the backup is completed.
- Once this is done, you will have to reboot your system.
- In case you want to get back up even in the future, you can schedule it for the future.
It is necessary to fix the QuickBooks PS107 error and hence, above we have provided you with all the possible methods to fix the error. We hope that the mentioned methods will help you fix it but if you still encounter the same, we will recommend you to talk to our technical experts to resolve the error in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – Why do I need to update my payroll account in QuickBooks desktop?
Answer – You need to update your payroll account in QB desktop to pay your employees & contractor with the help of the direct deposit. If you don’t update it, you can’t use direct deposit.
Q.2 – How do I turn off multi user mode in QuickBooks Desktop?
Answer – Following are the steps to stop Multi user Mode:
- Run QuickBooks software.
- Select File Tab
- Choose Utilities.
- In case you see the option “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access”.
- Single-click on the Yes option.
- Lastly, close the QB desktop.
Q.3 – How do I activate payroll in QuickBooks?
Answer – There are two ways to activate payroll in QuickBooks: online or by phone.
If you have an internet connection, you can activate payroll online in just a few minutes.
- Simply log into your QuickBooks account, go to the “Employees” tab, and click on the “Payroll” button.
- From there, you will be prompted to enter your payment information and choose a plan. Once you have completed these steps, your payroll will be activated and ready to use.
If you don’t have an internet connection, you can activate payroll by calling QuickBooks support. A representative will guide you through the process and help you choose the right plan for your business.