QuickBooks is accounting software that helps users to track income, expenses, accounts receivable, and payables. But, there are some other benefits like print checks in all QB Versions which we will discuss in this post. If you face issues while printing checks and don’t know how to print checks in QuickBooks then don’t worry we are here to assist you by providing all the detailed information.
Moreover, below are the following information or instructions, you just have to follow that correctly and then be able to print checks in QuickBooks all versions like Desktop, Online, and Payroll.
Some Basic Conditions that Needs While Print Checks in QuickBooks Desktop:
There are some basic requirements that you need to do while printing checks in QuickBooks Desktop:-
- You have to verify the version of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Install the latest version of the tax table.
- QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced or Standard service must have an active subscription.
- Check the compatibility of the form with the QuickBooks Payroll version.
- If you have an inkjet printer, then you have to use preprinted forms.
Requirement While Print Checks in QuickBooks Online
- Print the employee w-2 on the 4-up horizontal blank perforated paper.
- Verify that you have an active subscription to QuickBooks online payroll.
- You can use blank ink to print the forms.
Also Read: How to Fix Printing problems in QuickBooks | Detailed steps
Follow the Instructions to Print the Payroll Checks in QuickBooks Online
Here are the following steps that you have to know how to print payroll checks in QuickBooks Online:
Step 1: Check Stock Purchase
You will need to purchase QuickBooks compatible checks before you can print them out. Make sure that you order the right amount of checks, depending on how often you plan on running payroll and how many employees you have. You can find QB-compatible checks at any office supply store or online.
Step 2: Review the Employees
Ensure that all of your employees are entered into QuickBooks correctly and that their information is up-to-date. This includes things like their Social Security Number, date of birth, address, and compensation rate. You will need this information in order to generate accurate paychecks.
Step 3: Check Printing Setup
- Initially, you have to visit the settings and then choose the payroll setting option.
- Then, the existing setting will emerge on the screen.
- If there is any inaccuracy then you have to click on the icon of the pencil to do an edit.
- Now, try to print on black paper and also on preprinted the stock check.
- If you are using black paper, tap on the “save” button to save all the changes.
- If you are using a preprinted check, then you will see to make a choice between printing one and two stubs. Now, Select according to your preference and then hit the Save option.
- After that, if you are utilizing it, verify the alignment. And if you use a different browser then again verify the alignment. You can operate empty paper and check to set alignment.
- Now, click on the Align statement.
- Then, the instruction will display on your system, and manually you have to confirm the alignment and then start a payroll by using the empty check to assure that everything is in the directive.
- To close the side windows, click on save after closing.
- Finally, the last aligning payroll check in QuickBooks is to preserve all the changes that you made and tap on Done.
Step 4: Load your Checks or Paper into the Printer
Now it’s time to load your checks or paper into the printer. If you are using QuickBooks compatible checks, they will usually come with perforated pages that make it easy to tear out individual checks.
If you are printing on regular paper, you will need to cut the paper down to size first. Most printers can’t handle standard letter-sized paper, so you will need to cut it down to 3-1/4″ x 7-1/2″.
Step 5: Payroll Run
- First of all, you have to open the ‘payroll dashboard’ and then tap on the ‘Run Payroll’ option.
- Then, the “regular pay hrs.” option will open in your system and you have to fill the exact hours which are available for every hourly worker.
- Now, review the additional details to assure its dependability.
- Then, move to the right corner and choose the “preview payroll” option.
- After that, you have to review and edit the payroll.
- Now, verify the payment methods and confirm employees who should be paid by direct deposits and paychecks occur appropriately, by excluding the total hours worked and other details.
- You have to verify the double-check tax amount for both employer and employee.
- When you review that everything is proper then tap on the ‘Submit Payroll’ option.
- Lastly, you have to set the direct deposit and the payroll checks print remittance guidance for employees to distribute.
Step 6: Print Checks
Finally, click the Print button to print out your employees’ checks. If you are printing on regular paper, you will need to sign each check by hand. If you are using QuickBooks compatible checks, they will usually have a signature line already printed on them. The steps to do so are:
- Open the payroll and move to the “overview” tab then perform the payroll.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select the “view paycheck list”.
- Pick the “check name” that you like to publish and then click the print button.
- Now, in a PDF layout, your check will seem.
- Finally, verify that the info that appears is correct or not. Then, select Print from the browser’s menu.
Also Read: How to Void a Check-in Quickbooks | Detailed Steps
All Additional Versions Print Payroll Checks for QBO Payroll
Below are the following steps to know how to print payroll checks in QuickBooks Online, follow the instructions correctly:-
Step 1: Structure the Preferences of Paycheck Printing
- From the QuickBooks File menu, choose Print Forms.
- In the Print Forms dialog box, click the Paychecks tab.
- In the Printer drop-down list, choose your printer. Make sure that you have continuous form paper loaded in the printer.
- If you want to use preprinted check stock, select the Preprinted option and then click Next. If you don’t want to use preprinted check stock, leave this option unselected and click Next.
- Select the account that will be used to print payroll checks from the list of liabilities accounts, and then click Next. Note: You must have a liability account set up for each type of payroll check that you want to print. For example, if you want to print both regular payroll checks and direct deposit paychecks, you need to set up two liability accounts.
- If you’re using preprinted check stock, in the Check layout section, click the Layout button and then select the type of check that corresponds to your preprinted check stock. If you’re not using preprinted check stock, leave this option unselected and click Next.
- In the Check number section, select how you want QuickBooks to assign check numbers to payroll checks.
- Click Finish when done with all the fields in each section :
- The first time you print a paycheck after setting up these preferences, QuickBooks displays the Paycheck
Step 2: Paychecks Print
- Initially, search for the payroll or worker menu then click on the Employees tab.
- Then, from the “My Payroll” extract, click on the Paycheck List.
- Lastly, hit the paycheck button that you like to publish and finally tap on the Print option.
Some Causes Why Reprint Checks in QuickBooks?
- The earlier check got stopped and impaired in the printer.
- You desire to print pay stubs according to any reason.
- The check got misplaced.
1. Ways to Reprint Check-in QB
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Click Print Forms and then tap Checks.
- In the Select Checks to Reprint window, select the check that you want to reprint and then click OK.
- In the Print Checks window, make sure that the correct printer is selected in the drop-down menu, and then hit the Print. Your check will print from the selected printer.
2. Ways to Reprint Paycheck Checks in QB:
There are two steps that you can follow according to your reprint, when you reprint your paycheck check in QuickBooks:-
- Go to the Employees tab and then select the employee whose paycheck you want to reprint.
- Tap on the Paycheck Detail tab, and then click on the check number for the paycheck that you want to reprint.
- From the top menu, choose File > Print Forms > Check/Paystub. The Reprint Last Paycheck dialog box appears. If this is not the check that you want to reprint, click Cancel and start over at Step 1.
- In the Copies area, enter how many copies of the check you want to print in the Number of Copies field. QuickBooks prints each copy on a separate page. (This step only appears if your printer is connected to your computer.)
- Select the type of check you want to print in the Type field.
- Click OK. QuickBooks prints the checks. If prompted, insert pre-printed blank check stock into your printer according to your printer’s manufacturer instructions. When QuickBooks displays the message Print Complete, click OK. The selected paycheck is removed from the employee’s paycheck list and is no longer available for reprinting.
3. Ways to Multiple Checks Reprint in QB:
- Initially, you have to open the QuickBooks dashboard and then select the employees center option.
- The box of the dropdown will open up and then hit the transaction button that opens a fresh window.
- Now, select the “compensation /paycheck” option. When you can’t find it then search for that option.
- Then, search for the statement that you want to reprint and click on it.
- After that, tap on the print later option.
- Now, preserve and leave from the windows.
- Again, explore the tab in which you want to reprint and recite the step.
- Then, go to the File menu and tap on print forms.
- Select the paycheck choice from the index that displays on your screen.
- Now, checkmark the check that needs to be rewritten and tap on Print to start the printing.
- Finally, convey the yes and leave from the windows.
You May Also Like: Quickbooks POS Cost and Features – Review (Latest)
In this article, we have discussed how to print checks in QuickBooks Version (desktop, online, payroll). We hope that all the steps or procedures that we mentioned above will be helpful for you and make you understand printing checks in QB. Also, check out our other posts to know more.