QuickBooks software comes with a feature to allow you to print different pages for invoices with the QuickBooks software. Sometimes, the user faces some problems in printing a particular page in QuickBooks. The printing problems in QuickBooks are quite common and easy to handle but sometimes it can be tricky as well. In this article, we are going to talk about how to fix the printing problems in QuickBooks. We have mentioned various troubleshooting methods to fix the issue QuickBooks won’t print.
Hardware issues that Lead to the Printing Problem in QuickBooks
It is not only the QuickBooks software that causes printing problems in QuickBooks but some of the hardware issues can also lead to QuickBooks won’t print error.
- The first reason can be that you have misplaced the paper on the tray of the printer.
- You can get this error even if your printer is not correctly connected or is offline.
- If there is no printing device driver available, you are going to face this error.
- If instead of logging in as an admin you are using the system as a guest user, you can face this error.
Points to keep in mind before Fixing the Printing Problems in QuickBooks
- The first thing that you need to keep in mind is that the QuickBooks version you are going to work on is updated to the latest version.
- Other than this, keep in mind that the Operating system of your system is also updated.
- Before going to fix QuickBooks won’t print, make sure you have installed the correct and required drivers on your system and then check if the printer is connected to the system correctly or not.
- The last thing that you need to do is to try printing the sample page on other programs and check if the QuickBooks won’t print issue gets fixed or not.
Methods to Fix the Printing Problems in QuickBooks
We have mentioned three ways in which you can fix the printing problems in QuickBooks. Choose the one which is best for you. Follow the steps mentioned in every method:
Try to print with other programs
The first recommended solution to resolve QuickBooks won’t print is to try to print the sample page with other software present in the system. You can use software like Microsoft Word, Notepad, and other programs. All you need to do is open any other program other than the QuickBooks software and type something on the page. Once done, you will have to give the print command on the system. If you get the sample page printed, you will have to move on to the other page and if you do not get it then you will have to move on to the next method and try solving the issue.
Fix the printer problems
If you still face the QuickBooks won’t print then move towards this next recommended method and try to fix printer problems. You will have to change the settings of the printer on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first step is to shut down all the printing devices attached to your system.
- The next thing that you have to do is to make sure that the devices are connected properly.
- Moreover, try to check the placement of the papers in the tray of the printer.
- Also, start your system again and also start the printing devices.
- Once done, go to the control panel and add a device.
- You will be required to add the printer in the device section.
- Check if there is any already printing queue available, if yes, delete all the processes in the queue.
- Once you have added the printer, now you will be required to print a sample page to check if QuickBooks won’t print is solved or not.
Use the QuickBooks print tool
The other recommended method is to use the Quickbooks print and pdf repair tool provided by Intuit. You can download the tool for the official Intuit website. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step is to find the QBprint file on your system and then rename it by adding any postfix that you prefer.
- Once done, start the Quickbooks software on your system and you will notice that a new Qbprint file is automatically created in the Quickbooks software.
- After this, you will have to go to the file with which you were facing the printing problem.
- Once done, check if you can still print the page or not.
We hope that the troubleshooting methods mentioned above will help you in resolving the QuickBooks won’t print. If one of the methods didn’t work for you, switch to the other one. In case you are looking for customer support in resolving the issue, you may call us to assist you.