Quickbooks is considered to be the best accounting software that a company uses to handle its monetary activities. Quickbooks also has some bugs that you can often face while you are using the Quickbooks software. One such bug is that Quickbooks starts freezing up after a particular time. It simply means that for a few seconds or a few minutes, you are not able to work on the Quickbooks and it is stuck at only one place. After few minutes, you can easily resume all your activities, If this happens for once or twice, it can be neglected, but, if it starts happening often, it can disrupt your working and is kind of frustrating. In this article, we are going to discuss why you can face the Quickbooks freezing up error and what can you do to resolve it. We have mentioned both the causes and the fixation in detail so that you can get rid of the Quickbooks freezing up error easily.
Causes of the Quickbooks freezing up
Before fixing the error, it is mandatory to know why you are facing the error. We have listed some of the possible reasons due to which you can face the Quickbooks freezing up error.
- You can face the Quickbooks freezing up error if the operating system that you are using is not compatible with the Quickbooks version.
- You can also face the error if the file that you are trying to access is corrupted or damaged.
- If you have turned on the user account control feature on your system, the Quickbooks can start freezing.
- You can also face the error if the DDf file and the preferences file of the user are damaged.
- Quickbooks can start freezing if the background applications are taking much more space and not letting the Quickbooks work properly.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Frozen
When the user faces any issue like QuickBooks Crashing, it is most possible that he/she would not get any error message pop-up, hence it becomes difficult to identify the problem. We have discussed a few symptoms below, read them carefully to ensure that you are facing the same error of QuickBooks Frozen.
- As you open the QuickBooks Desktop, it begins to freeze and does not accurately respond a few seconds after the opening.
- The software does not respond to any input of the keyboard and the mouse.
- QuickBooks stops to load the dashboard and stops functioning, even before displaying the error message.
- The application quits when the user opens the company file without any warning or error message.
- Due to the error QuickBooks Crashing, other Windows software also begins to respond slowly and might face the freezing issue.
Points to Consider Before Solving the Issue
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- The Company File name should not have more than 35 characters including the spaces.
- Make sure that you are Turn Off the antivirus protection before solving the problem.
- You also have to change the Administrative rights and log in with an account that has the rights on Windows.
Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Frozen Error
The user who is facing the issue can fix the QuickBooks Freezing issue. To solve the problem from your system try to follow the steps below.
Method 1: Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- First, you have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The user can download the tool from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks.
- Save the downloaded file on the device.
- Look for the QuickBooksToolHub.exe downloaded file on the computer and then double click on it to run the software.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to install the software.
- After the successful installation of the application double click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Now look for the Installation Issues Tab and select the Quickbooks clean Install Tool.
- Save the file on the desktop.
- Open the QBcleaninstallutility.exe after successfully saving it.
- Tap on the “I accept when the license agreement” option.
- Now select the QB version and then tap on the Continue option.
- To complete the process, you have to click the OK button. Now the user can install the clean.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- You first need to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the file on your device.
- Before running the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, make sure that you have closed all the running programs.
- This process may take some time, wait until then.
- Once you can successfully install the software, reboot the system to ensure the proper updates.
Method 3: Change the DAT and DDF files
- Close the Company files on the devices before starting the process.
- Find the file of the company directory and rename the DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT.
- Delete each file with a DDF extension.
- To save the payment, tap on the Confirm option after opening the company.
- Choose the Print option to print the data.
Method 4: Turning off the Tablet PC Input Services
- Press the keys Windows + R on the keyboard to open the Run Windows and then type MSC and hit on OK.
- Click on the Tablet PC input service or touch the keyboard and the handwriting panel service.
- After following the above steps accurately, tap on the option stop the service.
- Tap on the Properties under the tablet input service.
- The user needs to disable the start-up type and then tap on the OK key.
- Shut down the Services Menu and then open the QuickBooks to complete the process.
Method 5: Shut QBW32.exe Process
- First, you have to choose the Windows taskbar and then click on the options start task manager.
- Tap on the Processes tab.
- Select the Image name.
- Then you have to look for the option All Applications, and click on the file that begins with .qb, QuickBooks, or Intuit.
- To complete the process, click on the option End process.
Method 6: Use the Rebuild Data Tool
The solution helps to resolve the minor company file issues.
- The user might visit the tab of Utilities and open the File Menu.
- Select the option Rebuild Data.
- Search for the QuickBooks Information and then hit OK.
- Save the backup by carrying out the on-screen prompts.
- The above step might take some time to complete the process until it gets a repair. Try to move the mouse, if the cursor is moving properly, then the tool is functioning perfectly.
- The user needs to opt for the option OK.
- Try to open the File Menu and click on the Utilities.
- Choose the Verify Data option.
- The tool will now check all the files to find if there are some issues in the data.
Method 7: Uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop
If none of the above methods helps you to solve the problem then follow the steps below.
- To open the Run WIndows, press the keys of Windows + R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Tap on the Control Panel and then click on the OK button to continue.
- Go to the option Programs and features.
- Tap on the option Uninstall a Program.
- Then look for the software QuickBooks on the program list and select the uninstall/change.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Method 8: Clear the Temporary Internet File and Browsing Cache
The QuickBooks crashes when opening might also be occurring due to the cache of the Internet explorer. Hence try to clear the history, cache, and cookies of the Internet explorer. To clear the browsing cache and temporary internet file you just have to open the Help option and click on the Clear Cache.
The above are a few solutions to resolve the QuickBooks Frozen issue. If none of the above methods helps you to solve the problem and your QuickBooks keeps freezing, then consider contacting the Customer Care of the QuickBooks. You can get the Helpline Number from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. The customer service of the software is available 24/7 to make sure that their users can get instant help. Hopefully, we made your job a little easy in solving the QuickBooks issue.