QuickBooks error code 3371 can be a disturbing error and can stop you from performing any of the operations. The major reason that this error can occur is that your QuickBooks registration file gets damaged or lost. This file comprises of all the license details of your product. There can be many reasons that this file can be damaged as if you have not shut down your system properly or if the system fails to link your license file with the software. you can fix your damaged files using the QuickBooks file doctor tool. You will get this message every time you will open the software. This error can be a critical one and many people do not know how to deal with it. In this article, we have talked about how you can resolve this error simply and in much less time. We have mentioned all the methods that you can opt for if you are facing this error and have mentioned their relevant steps.
Reasons for facing QuickBooks Error Code 3371
Here is a list of all the possible reasons due to which you are facing the error 3371. If you are facing the error 3371, any of the following reasons could be the one.
- The first reason is that there are chances that your QuickBooks registration file is missing. Look for the file with the name Qbregistration.dat. If found, there is some other reason you are getting the error 3371 and if not found, it can be a reason for it.
- In case your MSXMl file is lost or corrupted, there are chances that you will have to face the error 3371 in QuickBooks.
- The other possible chances are that your antivirus software is not allowing the QuickBooks to perform properly.
- In case you are trying to open a file that you have not saved can increase the probability of the error 3371 to occur.
- If you have not updated your Windows operating system, it can also lead to this error.
Errors that are included in the status code of Error 3371
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1]: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118]: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371
Remove ECML file
- The first thing that you have to do is to open windows explorer.
- After this, you can have to find the QuickBooks folder.
- In the QuickBooks folder, you will see an ecml file.
- Click on the file and delete it.
- Once it is deleted, you will have to restart your system.
Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The first step is to close your QuickBooks software if running.
- After that, you will have to download the QuickBooks tool hub. You can visit the official website.
- Once downloaded, install it on your system.
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub and look for the option to Quick fix.
- You will be given a list of errors that you are facing.
- Look for the QuickBooks error 3371 and select it.
- Submit it and it will start fixing the error.
- Once done, close the tool hub and open the QuickBooks again.
Update your Operating system
- The first step to update your windows operating system, you will have to find if any updates are present or not.
- You will have to go to the start option and then look for the options of the program.
- There you will see an option to update your windows.
- Check if there is any update available.
- If yes, update it and then once it is done, install the QuickBooks again.
Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The first thing that you need is the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- You can download it from the website.
- In the tool hub, you will have to go to the installation issue tab.
- There you will see an option to select the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. Choose that option.
- Once done, click on submit.
- It will detect the problem and resolve it.
- Wait till it completes. once done, start your QuickBooks software again.
Rename the Entitlement file
For other than Windows 7 users
- You will be required to go to the start option.
- Go to the Run.
- After this, you will have to find the entitlement file in your system.
- Once you have found it, right-click on it and choose the rename option.
- Rename the file.
If you are using windows 7
- You will have to go to the c drive an look for the entitlement file.
- Once found, you have to rename it.
- Once done with this, the next thing is to start the QuickBooks . It will then make a new file for you.
- In case you are not able to find the file, you can look for it in the hidden files.
- After this, rerun the QuickBooks software and check if the error remains.
Also Read: Quickbooks Unrecoverbale Error.
All the troubleshooting methods to fix the QuickBooks 3371 error have been discussed with you above. Make sure you follow all the steps mentioned in the same order as they are written. If you fail to resolve the QuickBooks error 3371by following the mentioned ways, feel free to reach us.