QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118 appears when the software fails in loading the license data. It is an activation issue that does not let users activate QuickBooks. Missing and damaged files could be the leading factor behind this error. Below are provided several error messages indicating the same issue. Such as:
|Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. |
|Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. |
|Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. |
These messages represent different causes for this error. All the financial tasks stop in the middle due to the outbreak. But, don’t be worried as we are here with some of the best solutions. So, just move in and learn more about this issue.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
The user encounters it at the time of activating QuickBooks. It is one of the issues that occur due to damaged files and folders. At times, the user installs the corrupted folders and programs with QuickBooks installation. That, in turn, brings this issue inside the device. Any of the warning texts can come and lead to disturbance to your work.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 3371
License information is saved on the hard drive. However, if the information is missing and damaged then take shape to this issue. You must understand other reasons for this error to root out each cause.
- Damaged or missing file components.
- QuickBooks desktop files get quarantined due to antivirus software.
- Installing an outdated windows OS.
- Accessing the company file without saving it.
- Before importing, make sure to save the .QBO file.
- The installation file storing the license information is not working properly.
- Cloning the data from C: / drive to another hard disk.
- When the user encounters QuickBooks stops working.
- Problems while printing, saving, or emailing the PDF from QB desktop.
- Occurrence of QuickBooks crash com error.
- Performance issues in QuickBooks software.
- Windows updates are not completed successfully.
- No connection to the QB data file.
How to Detect QuickBooks Error 3371?
This section would help in understanding all those instances that appear after the system gets corrupted with this issue.
- QuickBooks opens and closes on its own.
- Windows gets crashed in the middle.
- An outbreak of QuickBooks software.
- The home screen freezes.
Important Points to Consider Before Troubleshooting
- Using an outdated window can halt the QuickBooks installation.
- Always make sure to use an updated windows OS.
- Contact Microsoft support or an IT professional if you find issues in Windows OS.
Read This: QuickBooks password reset tool.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371
We are going to mention all the possible methods that will help you to get rid of the error 3371.
Solution 1: Remove ECML File
- The first thing that you have to do is to open windows explorer.
- After this, you can have to find the QuickBooks folder.
- In the QuickBooks folder, you will see an ecml file.
- Click on the file and delete it.
- Once it is deleted, you will have to restart your system.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool hub is the error repairing tool that can help you to resolve most of the error in QuickBooks. Here are the steps to follow.
- The first step is to close your QuickBooks software if running.
- After that, you will have to download the QuickBooks tool hub. You can visit the official website.
- Once downloaded, install it on your system.
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub and look for the option to Quick fix.
- You will be given a list of errors that you are facing.
- Look for the QuickBooks error 3371 and select it.
- Submit it and it will start fixing the error.
- Once done, close the tool hub and open the QuickBooks again.
Solution 3: Update Your Windows Operating System
If you’re seeing the error 3371 in QuickBooks, it means that your license data is damaged or missing. This can happen if your Windows is out of date. Updating your Windows should fix the problem. Here’s how:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, then type “update.”
- Select “Check for updates.”
- If there are any available updates, install them and restart your computer.
- Try opening QuickBooks again. If the error persists, please contact our support team for further assistance.
More Info: QuickBooks auto data recovery.
Solution 4: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The first thing that you need is the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- You can download it from the website.
- In the tool hub, you will have to go to the installation issue tab.
- There you will see an option to select the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. Choose that option.
- Once done, click on submit.
- It will detect the problem and resolve it.
- Wait till it completes. once done, start your QuickBooks software again.
Solution 5: Rename Entitlement File
There are different steps for different windows version. We are provided you all the steps below.
- Choose the Start button.
- Pick Run box.
- Then, specify the following path: “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- After this, hit OK.
- Just rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7, 8
- Head towards the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- Also, try to rename the Entitlement file.
- Open QuickBooks that will automatically build a company file.
- Consequently, unhide the program data folder through these steps:
- Choose Computer tab
- Then, click on Organize.
- Hit the Folder button.
- Afterward, pick Options.
- Select the Hidden files and folders button.
- Just access QuickBooks and examine if the error persists or not.
- Initially, the user is required to perform a right-click on the Start button.
- Then, hit the Control Panel button.
- Move towards the Appearance and Personalization tab.
- Click on the File Explorer button.
- Subsequently, pick View.
- Scroll down the mouse and choose Show Hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Remove the checkmark from Hide-protected operating system files.
- Hit Apply and Ok after conducting these steps.
Solution 6: Run Quick Fix my Program
- First of all, close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, try to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Choose Quick fix my program.
- Thereafter, pick the Installation Issues button.
- Try to spot the tab for Error 3371 to resolve the issue.
- After that, hit OK.
- Just access QuickBooks and the data file.
Solution 7: Manually Fix the Issue
- To initiate, try to recreate the damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Then, fix the glitches within license and registration activities.
- Also, try to resolve the Microsoft .NET framework, C++, and MSXML components.
- Reinstall QuickBooks through a clean installation method.
- Meanwhile, run the reboot.bat file.
- Just update your QuickBooks to its latest release.
- Lastly, check whether the issue gets resolved or not.
Solution 8: Shut Down the Running Applications
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software.
- Also, close the processes running on your device.
- Specify the following C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) inside the Run window.
- Then, hit OK.
- Now, just access the Task Manager window.
- Go to the Processes button.
- Spot the instances such as QBW32.exe and others.
- Right-click on them to choose End Task.
- After this, you need to delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Access the QB file and try to register your software.
Solution 9: Register MSXML File
- Open the Run window in the first place.
- Now, just enter cmd.exe.
- Also, hit OK.
- Perform a right-click on the cmd window to choose the Run as administrator option.
- Thereafter, specify cd\windows\syswow64.
- Hit enter.
- Specify the following regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and hit Enter.
- Just install your QuickBooks software.
Also Read: QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error.
So, these are all the ways through which you can get back to your QuickBooks software without any other kind of activation issues. We hope that the guide has helped you a lot in resolving the issue. However, if there is anything that you want to ask then get the experts’ guidance by dropping your doubts below. The guide has all the information that a QuickBooks user should know for getting the work done.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is error 3371 in the right networks QuickBooks?
QuickBooks 3371 occurs when QuickBooks is not able to load the license data. This generally happens when the file is either missing or damaged.
Q2. What is QuickBooks error 3371 new hard drive?
This error occurs when you are trying to access a QuickBooks file that is saved in a new hard drive but the file is not opening because it is either not uploaded properly or is missing or damaged.
Q3. How do I fix a license error in QuickBooks?
You can fix license errors in QuickBooks using the QuickBooks diagnostic tool. For this, you will need to download, install and run this tool on your computer system.