Everyone who belongs to an accounting firm knows about the QuickBooks software. It is software used by many small as well as medium firms. People love QuickBooks because of its Cloud-based services and many other features that the QuickBooks desktop provides. QuickBooks desktop comes with different variants and you can choose the one with the most suitable features for you. You will be required to purchase the QuickBooks desktop only once and then you can upgrade it as soon as a new release comes out. In this article, we are going to talk about how you can download QuickBooks desktop on your system. We have mentioned simple steps for the same. We have also mentioned the installation and setup steps that you will be needed to follow.
Characteristics of QuickBooks Desktop
Here is a list of all the characteristics for which people love using the QuickBooks desktop. Read the list of all features below. In case you don’t know how to update QuickBooks, you can refer to our article related to QuickBooks update.
- One of the most interesting characteristics of the QuickBooks desktop is that you can use it for more than one system.
- The next feature that has been introduced is that you will always be reminded of the upcoming payments.
- The email security settings are updated on the QuickBooks desktop. You can send emails to all your customers using any of your email Ids.
- You can see all the posts due to the payments of your clients. It gives you a visual representation of these post-due payments.
- The next feature is that you look for the account chart with just a partial account name or the account number.
- It is easier for the user to toggle between the different options like cash or accrual.
- You can also see the real-time statistics of your sales and all the devices connected.
Steps to Download QuickBooks Desktop
If you want to download the QuickBooks desktop on your system, follow the steps that have been mentioned below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to visit the official site. From there, you can see an option to download QuickBooks desktop.
- After this, it will ask you to enter some basic information and type of the QuickBooks product you want to download on your system. Know more about the enterprise version of QuickBooks.
- Once you are done with this, click on the relevant file and it will start downloading.
- Wait until it is downloaded. The next thing that you have to do is install and set up the QuickBooks desktop on your system.
Steps to follow to Activate QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the steps mentioned below to activate the QuickBooks desktop on your system:
- The first thing is to start the QuickBooks software on your system. On the keyboard, press key F2.
- Next, go to the product option. There you will be needed to enter your credentials like the license number and the product key.
- The next thing you need to do is to check the status.
- If it is showing as activate, you are good to go to start using the software.
- In case, you are not showing the activate option, close the information panel.
- The next thing you have to do is to activate your license, for you will be needed to do the help option and activate the QuickBooks desktop.
Learn More – Install & Setup QuickBooks Trial Version
Steps to Install QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the steps that we have been mentioned below to install the QuickBooks desktop on your system:
- The first thing that you need to do is to look where your file is stored. Next, look for the .exe file and click on the file.
- If you have any existing files stored, select the overwrite option.
- Once it is done, agree to all the terms and conditions written on the screen.
- In the next window, you will be required to enter your credentials.
- After that, you will get two options to choose from for how you want to install your QuickBooks desktop. You can choose the express option if you want to work with a single version of the QuickBooks and you can go for the custom option in case you will use more than one version of the QuickBooks desktop.
- After choosing the type, you will be required to choose the type of system on which you are going to run the QuickBooks desktop. You can choose different options based on whether you are going to use the QuickBooks software on your system, share your files among different users, or are not using the QuickBooks desktop on your system.
- Once you are done with all this, you will have to submit it and start installing the software on your system.
- This will take time to process. Wait till it ends.
- You are recommended to restart your system and then open the QuickBooks software.
- After this, fill up the required information and you are good to go.
This was all about the QuickBooks desktop and how can you install it easily on your system. A detailed description of the QuickBooks desktop has been provided to you along with the stepwise process to execute the installation of the QuickBooks desktop. Off the chance you face any difficulty in the installation and usage, you can call us on QuickBooks Enterprise Customer Support number.