QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is used by many QuickBooks users to resolve many common errors that they can face while using the QuickBooks software. If you are not able to perform your daily operations with ease you can consider using the Quickbooks connection Diagnostic tool. However, there is one thing that you need to keep in mind. It is that the tool can be only be used for QuickBooks version 2008 and above. In this post, we have covered a bunch of steps that will allow you to download, install, and in turn use the Quickbooks connection Diagnostic tool. Stick till the end, to learn everything about this magnificent tool.
Perks Of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
We have listed a number of benefits that the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool provides you.
- With this tool, you can fix almost every error that you may encounter while installing QB or establishing a connection in the QuickBooks software.
- It can be used to resolve errors like H series errors.
- Having this tool automatically fixes many of the issues and helps you in saving your time.
- When a user tries to access the QuickBooks database and is denied, this utility might come to the rescue.
- It is also possible to repair a poorly configured Windows firewall.
- Damaged or corrupted files can be easily repaired with the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- This application might be useful when the entries in the employee’s lists are lost.
- Customer lists that are empty can also be rectified.
- This utility may also be used to correct the problem that results in a blank vendor list in the program.
Troubles That Can be Resolved by QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
We are mentioning all the issues that you can resolve using this QuickBooks connection tool. If you are facing any error which has been mentioned below, consider using the tool.
- The QuickBooks database cannot be accessed.
- Problems with database connections
- Unexpected QuickBooks errors, such as –6150, –6000 –82, –6000 –301, –6000 –6147, and –61103
- QuickBooks files that have been infected by a virus or that have gone missing
- Multi-user errors, such as H101, H303, H202, and H505.
- The system registry contains corrupted files.
The Requirements to Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool System
You can use this program on any system that currently uses QuickBooks. This implies that Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 may use these functionalities.
In addition, a Microsoft component and a C++ framework must be installed on the device.
Steps to Download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- You can download the QuickBooks connection tool from the official website of Intuit.
- When your file is downloaded, open the QBInstall_tool_vs.exe file.
- Make sure no applications are running simultaneously.
- You will be required to click on the file to start the installation process.
- Next, you will have to restart it and go to the next option.
- Once, you have finished with this, you will be required to close all the applications.
Process of Installing the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- If you already have any previous versions present in your system, you must first uninstall those. Once done, you will be required to visit the OEM website.
- From that website, you will be required to download the installation package on your system.
- Once downloaded, a prompt will open up. You will have to go to the setup option and follow all the on-screen instructions you will be given.
- You will have to wait until the process end. Once it is completed you will have to start the tool.
- Next, go to the folder where your company files are stored.
- You will be required to fill up your credentials. Once you have filled them, the process will start.
- It will then take some time to fix the errors.
Step-by-Step Guide to Launch Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- First, the user must double-tap the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Then, refrain from opening the corrupted file for the time being.
- Now go to Utilities >> Repair file >> Network issues.
- Moving on, click Yes on the notification to authorize the collection of personal information associated to QuickBooks and its data. If the pop-up notification does not display, the permission has already been granted.
- The next step is to navigate to the folder containing the company files, locate the corrupted file, and then select the Open option.
- Now, choose Show Advanced Settings, and a drop-down menu will appear with a list of things.
- Then, choose the topic that is related to your present difficulty.
- Then, enter the QB login ID and Password, and double-check that you have entered the correct credentials.
- The following step is to select a QB connection diagnostic tool.
- The user will have to wait a while while the utility diagnoses and repairs the file.
Steps to use the QuickBooks Connection Tool
- Once you have installed it in your system, you will have to start the tool by clicking on its icon.
- Make sure you have not opened the file that is damaged.
- Look for the utility option and there you will see an option to repair.
- After repair, go to the network option.
- After this, you will have to allow the tool to gather all the information about the QuickBooks software.
- You will now have to go to the advanced setting option and select the issue that you are facing.
- Once you are done with all this, you will be required to fill up your credentials.
- This may take some time to fix all your errors present in the system.
Also Read: How to Reinstall QuickBooks PDF converter?
Understanding the Interface of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
In the connection diagnostic tool, there are several areas that you may fully use. See what they are and how they may be used.
You can select the file on this tab where you face the problem. Just choose the file and click Diagnosis/Reparation. This file is scanned. It will also be repaired if any fault is to be identified.
The fundamental firewall setup that has to be put up in your windows firewall can be seen here. You may thus compare the settings and examine whether or not your firewall has intact settings.
This page is useful for checking your system’s Internet connections. You can also try to connect the Intuit server and QuickBooks correctly. If so, it’s the problem. This is how this tab may be used.
- To locate your company file, click the browsing icon next to the company file section.
- Click the test login button now.
- The status is displayed in red (problem) or green when the test is complete (no problem found).
Ques 1:Which Components Does the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Cover?
Ans: The components of Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool are:
1. Diagnose Connection Tab
2, Firewall Status
3. Test Connectivity
Ques 2:How to Run an Analysis in QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Ans: Click the button in the Company File field to search for your company’s company file.
- Be sure to use a Linux system and that the network configuration is enabled in alternate mode. You can also choose to check the change hosting Server option.
- Every status must be displayed with the status ” Not Applicable” in blue prior to you initiate the test of connectivity.
- After the test has been run The status should be displayed in green, which indicates that there are no threats found, or red indicating threats detected.
- Then, press the Test Connectivity button.
Ques 3:Can I run Quickbooks Diagnostic Tool on the Terminal Server?
Ans: Yes! the QuickBooks diagnostic tool can perform on the terminal servers as well.