QuickBooks users come across numerous errors and the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool serves the purpose of fixing such errors. If you are using the version of QuickBooks later than 2008 then this tool will help you fix QuickBooks errors that trouble users a lot.
Since downloading and setting up this tool requires users to meet basic requirements and involves complicated steps, in this article, we’ll address everything regarding this tool. From its benefits to its requirements for download and installation, we’ll cover it all. So, let’s begin.
Perks Of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
We have listed a number of benefits that the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool provides you.
- With this tool, you can fix almost every error that you may encounter while installing QB or establishing a connection in the QuickBooks software.
- Having this tool automatically fixes many of the issues and helps you in saving your time.
- Customer lists that are empty can also be rectified.
- This application might be useful when the entries in the employee’s lists are lost.
- It can be used to resolve errors like H series errors.
- When a user tries to access the QuickBooks database and is denied, this utility might come to the rescue.
- Damaged or corrupted files can be easily repaired with the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- It is also possible to repair a poorly configured Windows firewall.
- This utility may also be used to correct the problem that results in a blank vendor list in the program.
Requirements to Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
You can use this program on any system that currently uses QuickBooks. This implies that Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 may use these functionalities.
In addition, a Microsoft component and a C++ framework must be installed on the device.
Errors Fixable via QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The tool is capable to resolve various installation and damaged folder issues. Below are some hand-picked errors that you can easily fix through this tool.
- The QuickBooks database cannot be accessed.
- Problems with database connections.
- Unexpected QuickBooks errors, such as –6150, –6000 –82, –6000 –301, –6000 –6147, and –61103.
- QuickBooks files that have been infected by a virus or that have gone missing.
- Multi-user errors, such as H101, H303, H202, and H505.
- The system registry contains corrupted files.
- Another error list is QuickBooks error 1722, Error 1311, QuickBooks error code 1603, error 1618, Error 1723, and QuickBooks error 1336.
Things to do Before Running QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QB connection diagnostic tool may not help you enough if you ignore these prime things on your device. So, always keep a QB file backup and product and license number of QuickBooks. The steps below will assist you in how to do so.
- Make use that you have access to QuickBooks desktop download file, installation CD, and license numbers.
- Also, get ready with the product and registration number which you can get in the Product Information window. Hit F2 or Ctrl +1 to open the window.
- Once done, create a copy of the QB file to avoid further consequences of damaged and corrupted data.
- Thereafter, insert the flash drive to create a backup of voluminous files
- Another way for creating a backup is listed below.
- Choose File to pick the restoration company item.
- Then, choose any of the following local or online backups.
- In the last, hit Next and go through the on-screen guidelines.
How Should one Download, Install, and Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The step-by-step guide provided below will assist you in downloading, installing, and using the QuickBooks clean install tool. So, dive straight and conduct the steps:
Step 1: Download & Installation Process
- Go to Intuit and locate the official downloading link for the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Then, just save the file.
- After that, run the saved file or QBInstall_toolvs.exe.
- Here, we will be heading towards the installation procedure.
- Just double-click to launch it.
- Thereafter, hit I accept the license agreement.
- Pick your QuickBooks desktop version.
- Also, choose Continue.
- Hit OK on the text “QuickBooks is ready to try a cpnnection tool and you’ll install this to the default directory”.
Step 2: Using the tool
Now, we will learn the procedure of using this tool. Make sure that the section is subdivided into five steps. So, perform while keeping those things.
1: Uninstall QuickBooks
- To initiate, launch the Run window by hitting Windows + R buttons.
- Thereafter, specify Control Panel.
- Also, hit OK.
- Go to the list of the drop-down menu of Programs and Features.
- Choose Programs from there.
- Further, choose QuickBooks from the list of Applications.
- Make sure to clear the alternatives.
- Just go through the instructions carefully provided to complete this procedure.
Also Read: Fix common Problems with QuickBooks Tool Hub.
2: Rename the Installation folder
After that, you need to rename the downloaded files along with the folders to locate hidden files. You can do it by adding old or damaged kinds of phrases to the end of their files and folder names. That in turn, will create the new folders automatically.
- Hit the Start menu.
- Try to find out the File explorer.
- Just open the folder that has your QB files. You can find out the folder in these locations.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Once done, just perform a right-click and hit Rename option.
- Thereafter, add OLD at the end of their name.
- This will help in identifying the new and old folders.
- Also, the new folders will become created on their own.
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks on your system.
3: If you see “Access denied while renaming the folder” error
- Initially, perform a right-click on the Windows taskbar.
- Choose Task manager there.
- After that, move towards the Processes button.
- Hit picture name column heading.
- Once done, pick QBDBMgern.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe, QBDBMr.exe, and qbw32.exe.
- If you see any warning pop up like “just in case you finish the procedure, it will result in unfavorable outcomes such as data loss and system difficulties”. Make sure to hit Yes.
4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Push the installation CD inside the CD drive of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, go through the prompts carefully.
- Specify the product and license number when the software has been successfully installed.
- Go through the instructions.
- Choose Next.
- Later, the preferable installation method.
- Choose Next and Install thereafter.
- After the installation ends, you can restart your system.
5: Collect or Create Data Backup
- Get a QuickBooks software alternative installer.
- Try to update QuickBook with the most recent version.
- Meanwhile, you must have a registration number as well.
- If cannot locate it then make sure to check out the initial package or Intuit’s emails.
- Afterward, specify the year or merchandise’s version.
- Once done with the following, just save the company file backup.
Steps For Utilizing QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
As we explored the interface of the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, the below steps will help you utilize this tool in fixing errors.
- First, the user must double-tap the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Then, refrain from opening the corrupted file for the time being.
- Now go to Utilities >> Repair file >> Network issues.
- Moving on, click Yes on the notification to authorize the collection of personal information associated with QuickBooks and its data. If the pop-up notification does not display, the permission has already been granted.
- The next step is to navigate to the folder containing the company files, locate the corrupted file, and then select the Open option.
- Now, choose Show Advanced Settings, and a drop-down menu will appear with a list of things.
- Then, choose the topic that is related to your present difficulty.
- Then, enter the QB login ID and Password, and double-check that you have entered the correct credentials.
- The following step is to select a QB connection diagnostic tool.
- The user will have to wait a while while the utility diagnoses and repairs the file.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 1: Which Components Does the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Cover?
Ans: The components of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool are:
1. Diagnose Connection Tab
2. Firewall Status
3. Test Connectivity
Ques 2: How to Run an Analysis in QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Ans: Click the button in the Company File field to search for your company’s company file.
- Be sure to use a Linux system and that the network configuration is enabled in alternate mode. You can also choose to check the change hosting Server option.
- Every status must be displayed with the status ” Not Applicable” in blue prior to you initiating the test of connectivity.
- After the test has been run The status should be displayed in green, which indicates that there are no threats found, or red indicating threats detected.
- Then, press the Test Connectivity button.
Ques 3: Can I run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool on the Terminal Server?
Ans: Yes! the QuickBooks diagnostic tool can perform on the terminal servers as well.