When you install the QuickBooks Software, you need to activate the software to use it further. If any issue happens with the activation of the QB software, it means the QuickBooks Activation Not Working error triggers in the system. This error occurs when you enter the wrong product license or registration information.
It can also pop up as a QuickBooks Registration Error. You can fix this error by manually checking and entering the correct license number or registration information. If you are still facing the activation error in QuickBooks, then you might need additional resolving methods to fix it. When the registration error occurs in your system, you will receive the error message that states:
“We’re sorry, but your activation was interrupted”.
“This service is temporarily unavailable”.
“The validation code is incorrect”.
In this article, we are going to provide you with the reason behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks Activation Not Working. We will also discuss the resolving methods that will help you to get rid of the error. So, stay with this article to get all the information related to the error.
Important Points Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Activation Not Working Error
- Make sure that you are using the correct product and the license number. You can check it on the back of the CD or you can check it in the email that you get after purchasing.
- Next, make sure that the QuickBooks software is not active on your system.
Know more: Methods to fix Quickbooks Crash Com Error
Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Activation Not Working Error
All the methods that you can apply to resolve the QuickBooks activation not working error. Follow the steps mentioned in each method:
Solution 1- Set the Time and Date of Your System
The very first method that we are going to mention is to verify that the time and date of your system are correct.
- Initially, you are required to terminate the QuickBooks application from your system.
- Next, you will have to click on the clock option and check the time and the date.
- You have to make sure that the time and date are correct, In case it is not correct, you are needed to set the time to the correct time and date.
- save the changes that you have made.
- Once done, you will have to start the QuickBooks application and then go to the help section.
- You are now needed to click on the activate option and then enter the activation key.
Solution 2- End all Processes Related to the QuickBooks
The next solution that we are going to discuss is to end all the processes that are related to the QuickBooks software. You can go to the task manager to end all the processes. Other than that, you can also use the QuickBooks refresher tool to get rid of the issue. It will help you to refresh all the processes that are running in the background. Once you are done with this, you are needed to start QuickBooks again and activate it.
Solution 3- Install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The other method is to download and use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your system to fix every issue that you are facing with the installation files of the QuickBooks software. Once you have installed the install tool on your system, you are needed to run it and then try to activate the QuickBooks.
Solution 4- Make a New User Account
The next step is to create a new account for windows as an admin. Follow the steps according to the Windows version you are using. We have mentioned the steps for both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
If you are using Windows 7
- First, you are needed to click on the Settings option.
- Next, you will have to click on the accounts option.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to add another person.
- Next, you will have to click on the option that you do not have login information.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to add users.
- Next, you will have to type the name of the account and then proceed with it.
- In the account type option, you are needed to select the admin option.
- Next, you are needed to sign in using your new account.
- Lastly, you will have to start QuickBooks and then activate it.
If you are using Windows 8
- The very first step is to go to the control panel on your system.
- Next, you will have to go to the accounts option and then click on the manage account option.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to create a new user.
- You are now required to fill in the required details.
- Once done, you are then needed to click on the finish button to end the process.
- Next, you are required to log in to your system with the new account that you have created.
- Lastly, you will have to start the QuickBooks software and then try to activate it.
Read more: Resolve QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Or Not Responding Error
Solution 5- Activate MSXML Again
The next solution is to activate the MSXML again on your system. We have mentioned the steps for both a 64-bit operating system and a 32-bit operating system. Follow all steps in the same manner as they are mentioned.
For a 64-bit OS
- First, you need to hit the start button and then go to the command prompt on your system.
- Make sure you run it as an admin.
- Next, you will have to type cd/windows/syswow64.
For a 32-bit OS
- First, you will have to click on the windows icon, and in the run window, you will have to typecmd.
- Then, hit the enter key and open the cmd.
- Next, you will have to type regsvr32 MSXML4.dll.
Solution 6- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is widely used to fix the errors related to QuickBooks software. Through this tool, it can be resolved very easily. Here are the below-mentioned steps that will help you troubleshoot the error.
- Access QB Tool Hub & choose the option Company file issue.
- Now, tap on Run QuickBooks File Doctor. It will take a few minutes.
- Select your QBs company file & scan your File.
- After a detailed scan, this tool will most probably have your error resolved and get your work up and running in no time.
Solution 7- Configure Your Windows Firewall
If you’re experiencing issues activating QuickBooks, it may be due to your Windows Firewall blocking the activation process. You can resolve this by reconfiguring your firewall to allow QuickBooks activation traffic through.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to the Firewall settings.
- Click on the “Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall” option.
- Click on the “Change settings” button.
- Scroll down the list and find “QuickBooks“. Ensure that both the public and private options are checked for QuickBooks. If QuickBooks is not listed, click on the “Add program…” or “Add feature...” button and add it.
- Click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
You should now be able to activate QuickBooks successfully.
Solution 8- Reset Your .ecml File
QuickBooks activation can sometimes be problematic & if you are having trouble activating QuickBooks, resetting your .ecml file may help resolve the issue.
- First of all, you have to open the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL keys together.
- Then, go to the Processes tab and find the QuickBooks process from the list.
- After that, you need to click on it and select the End Process button.
- Now, open your QuickBooks again and try to activate it. If the issue persists then follow the next method.
Solution 9: Check Your Internet Connection
- Open your browser and try accessing a website such as www.google.com.
- If you are able to access the website, it means that your internet connection is working and you can proceed with the next step.
- If you are not able to access the website, it means that there is an issue with your internet connection which is causing QuickBooks to not be able to connect to the activation server. In this case, you will need to troubleshoot your internet connection first before proceeding with the activation process.
Solution 10: Reinstall Your QuickBooks Through Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool helps to rectify the corrupted QB desktop application. If you are unable to fix the error by the simple method of reinstallation then, you need the QBs clean install tool. To resolve the error, the tool uninstalls the QuickBooks Desktop. After that, it changes the name of the installation files/ folders and reinstalls the QuickBooks Desktop applications.
We have mentioned all the possible resolving methods that can help you to fix the QuickBooks Not working error. Hopefully, you liked this article and it can be useful and informative to you. Visit our website for more such content.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I activate QuickBooks?
Here are the steps to activate QuickBooks on your PC:
- a) Download and install QuickBooks on your System.
- b) Now open QuickBooks on Your PC.
- c) Go to the Help section and then click on Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
- d) Follow the on-screen notifications and you are good to go.
Q2. Can I use QuickBooks without activation?
No, you cannot use QuickBooks without activation.
Q3. How do I activate QuickBooks on a new computer?
For this, first of all, you will need to download and install QuickBooks on your new PC. After this, you will need to open QuickBooks and go to the help center and then click on Activate QuickBooks Desktop and then follow the instructions that show up on your screen, and your work is done.