QuickBooks Error 12157 is one such error that you can come across in different situations while operating the QuickBooks application. QuickBooks error code 12157 belongs to the family of QuickBooks error 12000 which indicates the connectivity issues with the operating system. It should be noted that QuickBooks works well with all kinds of protocols and you can face the error 12157 in QuickBooks when you are updating the QuickBooks application. In this article, we have discussed the various causes of the QuickBooks error 12157 and how can you fix it. We have explained different ways in which you can fix the QuickBooks error 12157.
What are the Causes of the QuickBooks Error 12157?
The QuickBooks Error 12157 can prevail due to a variety of factors. We have listed some of the common causes below:
- When your computer system has installed more than one QuickBooks software.
- Firewall settings or the internet security settings trigger the QuickBooks Error 12157.
- When you have a terrible internet connection while you update the QBs software.
- It happens due to incorrect date and time settings.
What are the Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 12157
When your QuickBooks software faces the error 12157, it shows different signs. We will list all the indications that may help you know the error 12157:
- Your internet security or the firewall settings give the pop-up message quoting the error 12157.
- Your PC works sluggishly.
- The windows system of your computer won’t respond to the input commands.
- You will get the error message of the error 12157 QuickBooks.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop app crashes every now and then.
- The system gets frozen again & again.
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error 12157
Here is a list of all the possible ways that you can use to fix the QuickBooks error 12157. All the ways have a detailed stepwise process mentioned with them. Hopefully, you will be able to fix the error 12157 in QuickBooks in the ways mentioned below:
Reset the Date and Time
The first method in the list is to reset the time and the date of the system. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The very first step is to go to the clock icon that you can see in the bottom right of your screen.
- After this, you are needed to click on the icon.
- After this, you are needed to adjust the time on your system to the right time.
- Next, you will be needed to change the date of the system to the current date.
- Once done, you will need to save the settings.
- After this, you will need to terminate the QuickBooks application.
- After that, you are needed to open the QuickBooks software again.
- Once done, you will be needed to update the Quickbooks.
Restore the Computer System
The next way is to restore the computer system from the latest restore point. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The very first step is to make sure that you are logged in to your system as an admin.
- After this, you will be needed to click on the Start icon and then click on the all accessories option.
- After that, you are needed to go to the computer tools option and then choose the option to restore the system.
- After this, you are needed to open the new window and then you are needed to choose the option to reinstall the system.
- Now, you will be needed to look for the restore point option and then click on it. You are needed to click on the advance system option.
- After this, a prompt will appear on the screen to confirm your actions.
- You are needed to confirm it.
- Next, you will have to restart your system and then try to update the QuickBooks application.
Also Read: How to Solve QuickBooks Error 30159
Change the Settings of the Internet
The next way is to change the settings of the internet. There are chances that internet connectivity issues can lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 12157:
- The very first step in this process is to open QuickBooks and then go to the help option.
- After this, you will be needed to select the option for an internet connection.
- Now, you will be required to click on the option to use the system’s internet settings option.
- After this, you are needed to click on the Next option.
- After this, you will be needed to click on the advance setting option.
- Next, you will have to select the option to restore the settings.
- Once it is done, you will be needed to restart your system.
Change Settings of the Internet Explorer
Another way to fix the QuickBooks error 12157 is that you need to change the advanced settings in internet explorer. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The very first step of the process is to go to Internet Explorer on your system.
- Make sure that you have closed the QuickBooks application.
- After this, in Internet Explorer, you are needed to go to the tools option.
- In the tolls option, you will need to click on the advance settings option.
- Now, you are needed to click on the restore advance settings option.
Configure the Firewall Ports
You need to ensure that the personal firewall settings or internet security settings are set up in the right configuration. You need to allow ports number 443 & 80 and give permission to the below-mentioned files.
Also read :- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15241?
In case after following the ways that we have mentioned to fix the QuickBooks error 12157, you still face the error, you must check if you are using more than one version of the Quickbooks. If you are using more than one version, you will be needed to download the QuickBooks application on your system to the latest version. You can also seek manual guidance from our technical team. You can call us on our toll-free number and get a solution for your issues.