Antivirus or firewall is used to protect your system from malware or security threats. These are software used to stop any malware activity happening on your system. Sometimes, a firewall can also stop some important software from working considering them as one of the malware activity. Quickbooks is one such software. There are times when you are not able to use your Quickbooks software because you have not properly configured the firewall ports for Quickbooks. Quickbooks firewall ports, if not configured correctly can lead to the creation of many errors while using the Quickbooks. Therefore, it is always advised to use the proper Quickbooks firewall ports. In this article, we are going to talk about how you can set the Quickbooks firewall ports both manually and automatically. We have mentioned both methods in detail. Read the article till the end to make sure that you have configured the Quickbooks firewall ports correctly for the smooth functioning of your Quickbooks software.
Steps to Configure the Quickbooks Firewall Ports Automatically
The first method to configure the Quickbooks firewall port is by using the Quickbooks file doctor tool to configure them automatically. Follow the steps mentioned.
- You will have to download the Quickbooks file doctor tool on your system and then install it.
- Once you have installed it on your system, you can run the tool.
- It will then allow you to open the ports for the Quickbooks software and after that, you will have to configure the windows firewall.
Steps to Configure Quickbooks Firewall Ports Manually
The next method to configure the Quickbooks firewall port is to do it manually. Follow the steps mentioned to configure it manually.
- First, you will have to go to the windows firewall by searching it from the start menu.
- After this, you will have to open the windows firewall and then look for the advanced setting option and click on it.
- You will then get two options, inbound rules and the outbound rules, you can click on any and follow the steps mentioned.
- After this, you will have to go to the port option and click on it.
- After this, you will have to make sure that you have selected the TCP option.
- After this, you will have to enter the port number depending upon the Quickbooks version you are using.
- Next, you will have to click on the ok option.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to enable the connection and then submit.
- Once done, you will have to make sure that you have selected all the profiles.
- Next, you will have to click on the ok option and save the settings.
Steps for Creating an exception for a Firewall for Quickbooks
Here is a stepwise process to create a firewall exception for the Quickbooks software if you are still facing the Quickbooks connectivity issue.
- First, you will have to go to the firewall settings by clicking on the start button.
- After this, again you will have to go to the advanced setting option.
- You will have to go to the inbound rule option and then create a new rule.
- After that, you will have to go to the program option and then to the program path option.
- Choose the path for the Quickbooks software and then click on it.
- After this, you will have to choose an option for enabling the connection and then click on the ok button.
- once you are done with this, You will have to perform the same set of operations for the outbound rule option.
- Once you have made the settings, you will have to start your Quickbooks software but in different modes.
Steps to Configure the Antivirus
If you are still facing connectivity issues, you can resolve the issue by configuring your firewall and antivirus settings on your system.
- There are chances that Quickbooks doesn’t support all the versions of antivirus present in the market, therefore, we suggest you configure the settings of the windows firewall and use it only.
- There are chances that the version of firewall or antivirus program you are using is not supported by the Quickbooks version you are using making it unable to work properly.
- If you still face errors, then we recommend you to add some of the additional executable files and directories in the system.
Once you are done with everything, every change you have made, you are needed to restart your system first and then try to use the Quickbooks and then see if you face the connectivity issue. If you keep continuing using the system without restarting, there are chances that your settings are not saved and you will have to face the connectivity issue.
It is important to configure your firewall settings to avoid any errors and we believe that after following all the mentioned steps you will be able to configure your firewall settings according to your system. If you still find any difficulty in configuring the firewall port for the Quickbooks then you can contact us and we will help you with the same.