If you are using QuickBooks and suddenly it stops responding, it can be very frustrating. It can stop you from carrying out your work. If you are also facing this QuickBooks not responding error, you can read this article till the end. We have mentioned various methods in which you can solve the QuickBooks not responding error. We have mentioned different reasons why you are facing the QuickBooks not responding error. In case after applying the mentioned methods, you can contact our customer support for help.
QuickBooks Not Responding Error: Overview
If you are frequently facing QuickBooks not responding error, you may get furious at first as it abruptly stops working. Hence, all your work stops between, and maybe it brings more viruses and corruption into your system. Well, it happens because of the corrupted files and viruses present in your system. Hence, you are required to run rectifying methods and resolve the error as soon as possible because it is affecting your system’s overall health.
Reasons for which QuickBooks not Responding Error Occur
Here is a list of all the reasons for which you are going to face the QuickBooks not responding error.
- The first in the list is that the .ini file of the QuickBooks is damaged or maybe corrupted.
- The most common cause of this error is that the hard drive of your system is corrupted.
- If any of the operating system files are damaged, you are going to face the QuickBooks not responding error.
- Make sure you have enough resources present on your system that are required for the QuickBooks software.
Procedures to Resolve QuickBooks Not Responding Error
If you are working on QuickBooks and QuickBooks stop responding, it can put a stop to your work. To work smoothly, you need to tackle this error as soon as possible. Here is a list of different methods that you can use to resolve QuickBooks not responding error.
Install QuickBooks Refresher Tool
To use the QuickBooks refresher tool to resolve QuickBooks not responding error, carry out the stepwise process as mentioned.
- First, you will need to close your QuickBooks application.
- Next, you will have to install and download the QuickBooks refresher tool on your system. You can download it from the legal website.
- Once downloaded, you will have to install the QuickBooks refresher tool by following all the instructions.
- After this, you will have to start the tool and it will detect all the errors that your QuickBooks is facing.
- Once the process is done, you will have to start the QuickBooks to check if the error remains.
- If it does, go to the next solution.
Perform Clean Install for QuickBooks
The other solution is to perform a Clean Install for your QuickBooks desktop. Stick to the process mentioned.
- To perform this, you will have to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system and then start it.
- After this, you will see an option for the installation issues, click on the same.
- Next, if you see an option for the clean install tool, select it.
- After this, it will redirect you to another window and select the version of the QuickBooks you are using.
- Once this is done, you will have to wait until the process is completed.
Make a New Account for the Admin
Follow the below-mentioned steps and make a new admin account for Windows.
- First, go to the control panel on your system.
- You will see an option for users account. Click on the same.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to make a new account.
- It will redirect you to another window, asking some of the details.
- Enter all the details required and then save your details.
- Once submitted, it will create a new account for you. Make sure you have selected an option for creating an admin account.
Change the Name of your .ini File
The next option is to change the name of the .ini file. It will help you to resolve the issue internally occurring in the file. Once this is done, then you will have to change the name of the ecml file. After you have done both of the things, you will have to try to open a sample company file on your system.
Read more - How to resolve QuickBooks error 140015?
Restart your Computer & Change the Settings of your Firewall
The next preferred solution is to restart your computer. Another thing is to change the settings of your antivirus. Follow the steps mentioned below to carry out the process.
- the first thing you have to do is to restart your computer.
- After this, you will have to check if the error remains if it does, you will have to disable the antivirus on your system.
- In case the error is still not resolved, move to the other method.
Use the QuickBooks Repair Tool
Carry out the process mentioned below to repair your files using the QuickBooks repair tool.
- You will have to download the QuickBooks repair tool from the QuickBooks website.
- Once it is downloaded, you will have to install it on your system but make sure that you will have to close all the applications that are running simultaneously.
- It will start scanning your system for the errors.
- Once it has completed the scanning process, you will have to restart your computer.
If the QuickBooks stop responding or takes time to respond, it can lead to latency in work and the user can get frustrated. Above we have discussed all the troubleshooting methods to solve the issue. Even after following the mentioned methods, you are stuck with the same error, you can seek help from our technical experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What to do if QuickBooks is frozen?
Open the Start menu and open file explorer. Get into the QuickBooks folder and look for the QuickBooks.exe file. By pressing the CTRL key double click the file and let the QuickBooks open.
Q.2 Why has QuickBooks stopped in India?
India has a competitive market. Intuit is finding it difficult to survive in the Indian market. This is why, they have stopped working in India.
Q.3 Is QuickBooks shutting down?
No, it is not shutting down but it has stopped its services in India because of the huge market in India for accounting software.