Quickbooks application is used by many companies across the globe and it has proven its worth time to time. Quickbooks offers its users a wide range of features which makes it easier for companies to manage their data. Quickbooks also allows its users to perform banking operations like payrolls, invoices etc. But sometimes, a Quickbooks user can face some errors while connecting to a bank website. Quickbooks Error 108 is one such banking error. Quickbooks error 108 occurs while you are trying to use your credit or debit card with the Quickbooks and a prompt appears on your screen. The prompt can consist of messages like maintenance, any new offers etc. When you encounter a prompt, it will be directed to take action leaving the work you were performing. These prompts can disrupt you from adding your credit or debit cards to the Quickbooks software. There can be several reasons for facing the Quickbooks error 108 which we have mentioned further in the article.
Read the article till the end to know how to troubleshoot Quickbook error 108 using simple methods.
Reason for the occurrence of the Quickbooks error 108
Below is the list of all the reasons due to which a user can face the Quickbooks error 108.
- If you have entered the incorrect credentials and then tried to log in to your bank account, you can face the error.
- Other than that, if the internet connection is unstable or poor.
- In case you have deleted all the transactions that you have downloaded from Quickbooks.
- If the Quickbooks application is not updated to the latest version or at least to a stable version, you will encounter Quickbooks error 108.
Methods to quick fix the Quickbooks error 108
As soon as you encounter the Quickbooks error 108, it is needed to be resolved because it can stop you from performing the banking operations on your system. Below we have mentioned different ways in which you can resolve the Quickbooks error 108 in simple steps.
Disable popup blocker
the first method is to disable the popup blocker and then you need to check your anti-virus software if it has enabled the popup blocker. Follow the mentioned procedure.
- initially, you have to look for any pop-up blocker enabled on your system. If it is, you are needed to first disable those.
- After this, it is highly recommended to check for the popup blockers in the anti-virus system. It there is any pre-installed popup blocker, you are needed to disable it.
- Once done with this, you will have to go to the internet browser.
- Next, you will have to clear all the browsing data and the caches.
- Next, in the new tab, you are needed to visit your bank site.
- You will be needed to keep holding the ctrl key on your keyboard while login to your bank site. It will help to override any blocking mechanism.
- Now, the next step is clear all the alert boxes that will appear on the screen.
- Lastly, you will have to start the Quickbooks and sign-in into it.
Run file checker
The other method is to run the system file checker to check for the errors. Carry out the process.
- First, you will have to press the start button and then you will have to type command and press enter key.
- Next. it will open up the cmd for you.
- In the cmd, you will have to type scannnow and then press the enter key on your system.
- It will then start the scanning process and will list you with the errors.
- Next, you will have to follow all the instructions provided on your screen.
Login to the bank website
- First, you will have to go to the official bank site and open it.
- Next, using that site, you will have to sign in to the bank account.
- Next, you will have to make sure that all the messages are sent.
- After this, you can look at the downloaded transactions for all the Kb detail.
- Now, you will have to keep on holding the Ctrl key so that the popup blockers are enabled.
Check the firewall settings
- First, you are needed to make sure that you have updated your Quickbooks software. If you haven’t, first update it.
- Next, you will have to log in to your system as an admin.
- Next, you will have to go to the firewall settings on your system. you are needed to make sure that it is not disrupting you from accessing the file.
- Lastly, you will have to check your internet connection.
In case the above methods didn’t work for you, the last option is to update the windows on your system. Follow the steps mentioned.
- Initially, you will have to look for the windows update if any available. To do so, you will have to click on the start icon.
- Now, you will have to search for an update.
- You will be provided with an option to check if any window update is present or not. If it is, you are needed to install those updates.
- Now, wait until the process of installation is completed.
- When the windows update is done, you will have to restart your system.
A detailed description of the troubleshooting methods has been provided. If you still have any technical query regarding any topic related to the Quickbooks software, you can contact our support team.