One of the most common errors associated with the multi-user mode of the Quickbooks is error H202. Quickbooks error H202 occurs when you are trying to access a file that is not present on your system but is present on somebody else’s system. You can even face this error if your Quickbooks fails to reach the server. In this article, we are going to talk about the error H505. We are talking about how you can resolve the error H202 in Quickbooks. Different methods have been mentioned to help you to solve the error H202 as soon as possible and in simple ways.
Reasons behind the Quickbooks error H202
Here is a list of all the possible reasons for which you can face the Quickbooks error H202.
- If your hosting settings are not configured properly, you can face this error.
- There are chances that the settings of your firewall are not configured and causing the disruption in the transfer of data.
- In case you do not have the proper address of the Host or the server, you will face the QuickBooks error H202.
- If your database server is not working properly, there are high chances of facing this error.
- If the network file is lost, damaged, or corrupted.
Methods to resolve the Quickbooks error H202
Here is a list of all the methods to resolve the Quickbooks error H202. You can opt for the method which is best suited for you. Follow the steps that have been mentioned in each method.
Check the connectivity
The first step is to check the connectivity of your network. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first thing is to open the Quickbooks software and then you are required to close the hosting on all the systems.
- After this, you are required to note down the name of the server.
- Next, you will be required to enter the name of the server and save the settings.
Use the connection diagnostic tool
The next recommended method is to use the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool to check if the network is correctly configured or not. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To use the connection diagnostic tool, you are required to download it on your system first.
- Once done, you are required to install it on your system.
- Next, look for the folder in which your file is present.
- Once done, you are required to check the ports option and enable the ports for the Quickbooks software.
- After this, you have to test the connectivity again.
- Next, open the file on your Quickbooks software.
Fix hosting to a local file
The next recommended solution is to append the server information to the local file. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to get the product information for your Quickbooks software. You can press key F2 and a direct window will open up.
- There you will see an option of hosting at the bottom of the window.
- You will be required to select the option to show the local files.
- The next thing that you have to keep in mind is that none of the other users can host the files that you are hosting.
Delete and create the network file again
The next solution that we recommend is to delete and then recreate the network file. Follow the process mentioned step by step.
- You are required to look for the file with.ND extension and once found, delete it.
- The next step is to start the Quickbooks database server manager.
- There you will see an option to add the folder, click on the option.
- After this, you will have to scan the files.
- You are required to select the company file that you want to scan and then scan your file.
- Start the scanning process.
- once it is finished, start the Quickbooks software and open your desired company file. Check if the error remains.
Though accessing the files in multi-user comes with a power to access the files for more than one user but with great power, you can also face some of the errors. H202 is also an error associated with the multi-user mode. We have mentioned all the steps to quickly fix the error h202. In case none of the discussed methods worked for you, communicate with our support team and they will guide you.