Many Quickbooks user faces Quickbooks error 12029 while updating the Quickbooks. One of the main reason is that your software is failing to connect to the server. It can occur because of a timed out request. It can be caused due to incorrect firewall settings or your antivirus is stopping the Quickbooks from working properly. Many people face this error when they try to update the payroll. We are here to help you in solving this Quickbooks error 12029. We have mentioned all how you can solve the Quickbooks error 12029.
Ways to Solve Quickbooks error 12029
The first solution is to configure the firewall and antivirus with your Quickbooks software. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step is to download the Quickbooks doctor tool. You can download it from the Quickbooks official website.
- The next thing is that you have to run the doctor tool.
- The doctor tool will automatically set the windows firewall settings and will edit the ports. Know how to set up Quickbooks firewall ports.
- Then, close the tool and run the Quickbooks to check if the error remains.
Check internet connection
The other method is that you need to check your internet connectivity. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- For checking the internet connection, you will be needed to open your browser. Once opened, try to access a safe website.
- If you can access the site, you will need to troubleshoot. In case, you are not able to access the website, you need to check if your internet is connected or not.
- Go to the tool option in the browser. There will be an option for internet settings.
- Once found, you can look for the reset option and click on the reset tab.
- Next, you will have to rerun the software and check if the error remains.
Update the security certificate for Quickbooks desktop
The next method we recommend is that you can update the security certificate for the Quickbooks desktop. Follow the steps that have been mentioned below.
- The first thing that you need to do is that you need to go to the properties option in the Quickbooks desktop.
- Once opened, you will have to go to the file location and submit it.
- After this, you will have to go to the .exe file and go to the properties.
- In the licensee section, you will be needed to look for the Quickbooks option.
- After this, you will able to see the certificate. If you see an install option.click on that option.
- Next, close the window and save your settings.
Start the windows in a safe mode
The next recommended solution is to start your windows in the safe mode. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the settings option in your system.
- In the settings tab, you will be able to see update option, hit on that option.
- Next, you will have to go to the recovery option.
- You will be required to restart your system.
- Once done, you will have to troubleshoot the system.
- You will have to choose the startup option and start your system in the safe mode.
- Check if you see any error message.
Fix the time of your local system
The next option that we recommend you is to fix the time of your system. Follow the steps mentioned.
- We recommend you to update your computer.
- The next step is to check if the updates of the Quickbooks is available or not. If available, update it.
- The next thing that you have to do is to check the latency of the internet.
- The next thing is that you will have to update the internet explorer on your system and set that as default.
- You will then have to go to the SSL settings and check if TSL 2 is enabled or not.
- In the last, you will be required to restart your system.
Update the Quickbooks software
The next option is to update the Quickbooks software on your system. You can update the Quickbooks software by going to the help option and then go to the internet connection option. You will have to choose the option to establish an internet connection. Once done, you will be required to look for the updates. You will be able to see the update option in the file option. Once found, update the software and restart it again.
Once you are done with all these methods that we have mentioned above, if you still fail to resolve the error 12029 in Quickbooks, then you can reach our executives and they will provide you with an instant solution to your problems and make sure they resolve all your queries.