QuickBooks Error 12029 is a network time issue or an update error that occurs while the backend servers can’t respond in the given time period which means your software is failing to connect to the server. It can occur because of a timed-out request and can also be caused due to incorrect firewall settings or your antivirus stopping the QuickBooks from working properly.
Many people face this error when they try to update their payroll. This error means the QBs software can’t get the IP address. It also means that the server is connected through weak network connectivity. When you see the QuickBooks error code 12029, you get the error message “[Error 12029]. QuickBooks is failed to receive the IP address or servers.”
In this article, we are going to discuss all the possible causes and the indications that you may see when the error occurs in your system. We have mentioned all how you can resolve the error 12029 QuickBooks payroll update.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 12029
As we have already explored the QuickBooks 12029 error, now it is time to know the reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 12029. Let’s have a look.
- Wrong Secured Socket Layered Settings can lead to the QB error 12029.
- The issue occurs while you download the QBs payroll update.
- When your internet explorer is not set up as your default browser.
- If your Internet security settings stop the QBs stop accessing the hosted server.
- It triggers in case your internet packages have expired.
- Using an outdated windows version.
- Due to the network connectivity issues.
Indications of the QuickBooks Error 12029
You may see the below-outlined indications when you face the error 12029 in QuickBooks.
- The accounting software exits suddenly when you download and install payroll updates.
- You get the error message code 12029 in the window of payroll update.
- The payroll update category can’t be accessed in QuickBooks.
- QBs accounting software crashes frequently.
- Your windows OS responds sluggishly to the given keyboards and mouse inputs.
Ways to Solve QuickBooks error 12029
The first solution to resolve QuickBooks error 12029 is to configure the firewall and antivirus with your QuickBooks software. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool. You can download it from the QuickBooks official website.
- The next thing is that you have to run the doctor tool.
- The doctor tool will automatically set the windows firewall settings and will edit the ports.
- Then, close the tool and run the QuickBooks to check if the error remains.
Check Internet Connection
The other method to resolve QuickBooks error 12029 is that you need to check your internet connectivity. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- For checking the internet connection, you will be needed to open your browser. Once opened, try to access a safe website.
- If you can access the site, you will need to troubleshoot. In case, you are not able to access the website, you need to check if your internet is connected or not.
- Go to the tool option in the browser. There will be an option for internet settings.
- Once found, you can look for the reset option and click on the reset tab.
- Next, you will have to return the software and check if the QuickBooks error 12029 remains.
Update the Security Certificate
The next method we recommend to fix QuickBooks error 12029 is that you can update the security certificate for the QuickBooks desktop. Follow the steps that have been mentioned below:
- The first thing that you need to do is that you need to go to the properties option on the updated QuickBooks desktop.
- Once opened, you will have to go to the file location and submit it.
- After this, you will have to go to the .exe file and go to the properties.
- In the licensee section, you will be needed to look for the QuickBooks option.
- After this, you will be able to see the certificate. If you see an install option. Click on that option.
- Next, close the window and save your settings.
Start the Windows in a Safe Mode
The next recommended solution is to start your windows in safe mode. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the settings option in your system.
- In the settings tab, you will be able to see the update option, hit on that option.
- Next, you will have to go to the recovery option.
- You will be required to restart your system.
- Once done, you will have to troubleshoot the system.
- You will have to choose the startup option and start your system in safe mode.
- Check if you see any error messages.
Fix the Time of Your Local System
The next option that we recommend to fix QuickBooks error 12029 is the time of your system. Follow the steps mentioned:
- We recommend you update your computer.
- The next step is to check if the updates of the QuickBooks are available or not. If available, update it.
- The next thing that you have to do is to check the latency of the internet.
- The next thing is that you will have to update the internet explorer on your system and set that as default.
- You will then have to go to the SSL settings and check if TLS 1.2 is enabled or not.
- In the last, you will be required to restart your system.
Update the QuickBooks Software
The next option is to update the QuickBooks software on your system. You can update the QuickBooks software by going to the help option and then going to the internet connection option. You will have to choose the option to establish an internet connection. Once done, you will be required to look for the updates. You will be able to see the update option in the file option. Once found, update the software and restart it again.
Also read - How to print checks in QuickBooks?
Once you are done with all these methods that we have mentioned above, if you still fail to resolve the QuickBooks error 12029, then you can reach our executives and they will provide you with an instant solution to your problems and make sure they resolve all your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – How do I fix QuickBooks error 12029 quickly?
Answer: To fix this error, you need to follow these steps:
- Check your internet connection and make sure it’s working properly.
- Try opening QuickBooks in a different browser or in private/Incognito Mode in your current browser.
- Make sure that your Internet Explorer SSL settings are correct.
- Check if your firewall is blocking the communication between your computer and the QuickBooks servers.
- If you use any VPN service, try temporarily disabling it and check if that fixes the issue.
Q.2 – What factors are responsible for QuickBooks error 12029?
Answer: There are a few things that can cause the Qb error 12029.
- The first is an outdated version of QuickBooks. If you’re using an older version of the software, it may not be compatible with the current versions of Windows.
- Another possible cause is a firewall blocking QuickBooks from accessing the internet. To fix this, you’ll need to add QuickBooks to the list of exceptions in your firewall settings.
- Finally, if you’re using a proxy server, it may be configured incorrectly. You’ll need to check your settings and make sure that QuickBooks is set to connect directly to the internet.
Q.3 – How do I enable TLS 1.2 in QuickBooks?
Answer: To ensure that your data is always protected, it’s important to keep TLS enabled in QuickBooks. You can easily do this by following the steps below:
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the tab Installation Issues.
- From the bottom corner, choose the QuickBooks TLS 1.2 Tool.
- Hit OK & select Yes in the Agreement window.
- Lastly, tap on Run & enable TLS 1.2 in QuickBooks.
By following these steps, you can be sure that your QuickBooks data is always protected with TLS encryption.