QBDBMGRN is an issue related to the QuickBooks database server manager. It usually occurs when the database server manager gets corrupted. A user cannot settle the issue on its own. That’s why we are offering a helping guide for troubleshooting. Scrolling throughout will help you to explore unknown facts about the issue. Also, you will end up resolving the QBDBMGRN not running on this computer. Now, let’s move inside and learn more about the issue.
What is QBDBMGRN not running on this computer?
Several users around the world have reported “QBDBMGRN not running on this computer”. They face restrictions while accessing the company file and working on the QuickBooks software with a warning message. The error indicates that something has stopped the QuickBooks database server manager to initiate the work on QuickBooks.
Intuit has introduced QBDBMGRN to enable the multi-user mode on the hosting server. It is an executable process found within the task manager. Getting this error means you cannot use multi-user access to go back to your company file. Well, there are lots of factors that shape these kinds of issues. You can move towards the next section to know all factors that bring QBDBMGRN not running.
Source of error QBDBMGRN not Running
Here is a list of all the reasons why you getting a message that QBDBMGRN not running on this computer.
- One of the reasons that you get this message is that the settings of your anti-virus or firewall are not properly configured.
- In case your database manager is not updated, you will get this error.
- One of the reasons is that the QuickBooks database manager is not installed properly or correctly.
- There are chances that your third-party firewall settings are not allowing your QuickBooks to work.
- In case the network files on your system are damaged or corrupted.
- One of the reasons is that the internet connection of your system is creating a problem.
Side Effects of QBDBMGRN not running Error
There comes several other hindrances that resist you to do the work. Check out the list below to know what they are:
- The firewall blocks QuickBooks to connect to the Internet.
- Update of QuickBooks database server gets failed in between the process.
- The user encounters issues while accessing the QBW company file.
- Multi-user mode is not accessed properly
- .ND file has some issues inside.
- QuickBooks database server manager is not installing properly.
- Fail while updating QBDBSM.
- A firewall is not installed properly.
- No connected files within the QuickBooks database server manager.
Top Solutions to Resolve QBDBMGRN not Running
The section covered some of the best solutions that will help you in eradicating the error issue. Before executing the solutions, make sure to conduct these things:
Prior things to do:
- Log out of the QuickBooks account.
- Thereafter, just reboot your system.
- Restart QuickBooks.
- Also, log in back to your account
After conducting these things, just check whether you can continue your work or not. If not then only head towards the solutions below:
Solution 1: The host system has installed QuickBooks
- The first thing that have you have to do is to locate the QuickBooks on your server.
- Once found, open the QuickBooks.
- You will see an option named open a, go to that option.
- Next, you will have to look for the desired company file and open the same.
- Make sure you open the file in multi-user mode.
- Once done, you will be required to fill up your credentials to open the file.
Solution 2: The host system has only installed QBDBMGRN
- First, you will be required to open up the control panel on your system.
- Now, you will see an option of the administrative tools, click on that option.
- After this, you will have to go to the service section.
- Next, you will have to choose the correct database name.
- After this, you will have to reboot your system.
- Lastly, follow the steps mentioned above depending upon the setup.
Solution 3: Fix ‘files in use’ error
- If you get an option to reboot the system, ignore that option.
- Keep on ignoring the reboot option every time you see it and continue with the process.
- When you notice that that the message stopped appearing, then click on the next option.
- Once you are done with this, you will have to restart the computer system.
Solution 4: Use the clean install tool
Clean installation of QuickBooks helps in reforming all the new folders associated with it. Make sure to complete this procedure of three steps:
Step 1: QuickBooks Uninstallation
- To initiate, hit Windows + R buttons.
- Just, specify the Control panel
- Choose OK.
- Tap the Programs and features button.
- Thereafter, pick Uninstall.
- Click on your QuickBooks version
- Make sure to hit the Uninstall button.
- Go through all the steps prompted on your screen and uninstall the software.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Clean Install tool
- Try to spot the newest release of the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Proceed with the downloading procedure.
- After that, access the qbdbmgrn.exe file.
- Make sure to conduct the instructions as appeared on your computer screen.
- Thereafter, just pick the QuickBooks desktop version.
- Finally, click continue.
Step 3: Modify the name of QuickBooks Desktop Installation Folders
- Click on the Folder button.
- Then, pick hidden files.
- Try to modify the folders name of your Windows version.
- After that, bring old and damaged ones at the end of the folder name.
- It will help in recognizing the folders.
If you see the text like “Access Denied” at the time of conducting these steps, then:
- Open the Windows task manager.
- Also, choose the Task Manager button.
- Go to the Processes button.
- Thereafter, hover the mouse on image column header.
- Try to find out the relevant processes like QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, and Qbw32.exe.
- Once done, hit Enter.
- If there appears any other message then hit Yes.
- Finally, just reinstall the QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks
- Close all the running applications and programs on your device.
- Make sure that you reboot your system and created the QB file backup.
- Visit the Start menu and type in Control Panel there.
- Once the window pops up, choose Programs and Features button.
- Thereafter, hit Uninstall program.
- If you cannot see QuickBooks then choose Programs > Program Features.
- Consequently, pick the Program list.
- Hit Uninstall button.
- After that, pick Repair and Next.
- Just wait till the repairing is going on.
- Click Finish.
- Then, reboot your computer.
- Also, don’t forget to update your QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 6: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
- Extend the Run window with Windows + R keys.
- Subsequently, enter Services.msc there.
- Hit OK
- Try to spot the QuickBooks database server manager service.
- Pick the QB file.
- Later, perform a right-click on the same.
- Meanwhile, choose Reboot from other options of the drop-down menu.
- Restart QuickBooks.
- Finally, just verify the backup.
Solution 7: Reboot the System
- First of all, log off the QB account.
- Also, close your software.
- Make sure that you close QB account as well.
- Then, restart the computer.
- Access QuickBooks and log in back.
Solution 8: Update Firewall
- Open the Run window.
- Enter Control Panel and hit OK.
- Pick System and Security button.
- Navigate towards the Windows firewall.
- Thereafter, select Check for Updates.
- Hit Update Now tab when you find any available updates.
- Just wait till the installation procedure is going on.
- Reboot your system and verify the issue.
Solution 9: Manually resolve QBDBMGRN not running
- The first and foremost step is to download the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Carry out the installation steps once you have downloaded it successfully.
- Just launch the software.
- Try to repair the network issues with it.
- If the hosting is disabled then make sure to turn it on.
- You will not get access to the company file without enabling this feature.
- Meanwhile, try to set up the access permissions.
- Allow the required permissions.
- Also, share the folder.
- In the last, just run ipconfig if there is no network connectivity.
Solution 10: Remove QB database server manager from firewall
- Intiate the procedure by accessing Run window.
- Specify Windows Firewall there.
- Choose OK.
- Double-click on the Programs list.
- Try to search for the advanced settings.
- Visit the Inbound rules by right-clicking.
- Thereafter, scroll through the drop-down menu to find the new rule.
- Pick the Next button.
- Also, click on the Program path.
- Try to exclude the QBDBMgrN.exe file.
- QB folder has saved the file so try to find it from there.
- Pick the location of file.
- Again, hit Next.
- Further, click allow the connection.
- Select Continue.
- Again, choose to allow the connection and Next.
- Give a name to the rule.
- Also, hit the Finish button.
- Just reboot your computer and carry out your tasks.
Also Read: Quickbooks won’t open.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: What is the extension of QBDBMGRN?
Answer: The extension of QBDBMgrN is .exe as it is an executable process.
Question 2: Can QuickBooks file doctor be used to fix QBDBMGRN not running?
Answer: If the error is caused by improper firewall settings then QuickBooks file doctor would not help in fixing the issue. Make sure to use the tool only if there are network and company file issues.
Question 3: How does the system impact when QBDBMGRN not running?
Answer: You might face several nuisances. Like:
- Cannot work in a multi-user environment.
- Unable to access Quickbooks company file.
- The slower speed of the Internet.
Question 4: What is the outcome of a disabled QuickBooks database server manager?
Answer: Well, you may have encountered issues while connecting to the Internet and also an error text on your computer screen. So, it is advisable to enable the QBDBSM.
Question 5: How to fix QBDBMGRN not running?
Answer: There are several solutions that you can try to fix this issue.
- Run clean install tool.
- Repairing QuickBooks.
- Uninstall QuickBooks.
- Update firewall.