Quickbooks is a famous accounting software that is used by many companies. It is used by many companies to manage accounts of their company with accuracy. Many people face Quickbooks error 15222 while updating their software or updating their payroll. This error is generally associated with the payroll service of the Quickbooks software. This is a comprehensive guide to resolve the Quickbooks error 15222 in simple steps and various methods have been mentioned.
Overview of the Quickbooks error 15222
Like many other errors, Quickbooks users face this error 15222. This error is usually related to the payroll process in the QuickBooks. You can see this error when you are updating your payroll service and your browser is not compatible with the process. When you will get this error, you will see a prompt on your screen with the name of the error and its description. In case, you face an error message with error code 15106, you can resolve it in simple and easy steps. Read the article mentioned.
Reasons for Quickbooks error 15222
The following reasons can cause Quickbooks error 15222. Read the reasons below.
- There are chances that your antivirus is not allowing your software to run. Your antivirus can consider your payroll process as risk sometimes stopping it from working.
- This error can occur if you have not set explorer as your default browser.
- There are chances that your registered certificate is no longer valid or maybe not working with your software. There are chances that it is not working with your software but is running in the browser. In case you are facing the error 176109 while registering your Quickbooks or getting an error message of invalid POS, you can resolve it easily.
Ways to fix Quickbooks Error 15222
Follow the methods and their respective steps that have been mentioned below to quickly fix the Quickbooks error 15222.
Update your antivirus software
If you have any antivirus system, there are chances that it is affecting the working of your software and causing this error. We will recommend you to update the software and allow it to run the exceptions. The exceptions are:
- Any file related to Quickbooks, Intuit or payroll.
- Any Quickbooks update or .exe file.
Configure your browser settings
The next method that we recommend is that you should configure the browser’s setting again. You will be needed to follow the steps that have been mentioned below.
- The first step is to open your browser.
- Make sure that time and date of your system are correct, in case it is not correct, correct it first.
- Once you have done this, you will be required to verify the Cipher strength.
- After this is done, you will be needed to change the settings of your browser. To do so, you will be required to go to the tool option.
- There you will see an internet option. You will see a general tab then.
- In the general tab, you will see a delete option. Click on it.
- Then you will have the temporary file and delete them.
- After this, you will have to look for the connection tab and there you will have to set LAN as your network.
- The last thing that you have to do is to make sure that the SSL service is selected.
Download digital signature on your system
The last step is to download and install a digital signature on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below to install it on your system.
- The first thing that you need to do is that you need to shut down Quickbooks software. If it still running, you won’t be able to see the digital signature option.
- The next thing that we need to do is that we will need to find a file named QBW32.exe.
- Go to the properties of the file.
- In the properties, you see a digital signature option. In that option, you will have to look at the details of your digital signature.
- You will have to make sure that it has a digital signature of Intuit.
- The next step is to view the details of the certificate.
- There you will able to install the certificate.
- Wait till it getting installed and an end message appears on your screen.
- Once you get it, you will have to click on the finish option.
- Finally, you will be needed to reboot your system and again start the software.
- And once this is done, you will be required to download and install the digital certificate once again.
We hope the provided information was useful to you and you can resolve the Quickbooks 15222 error. All the ways provided will be helpful for you to resolve the error in much less time. Facing the same error even after using the mentioned methods? contact our support team