Transferring QuickBooks from one system to another using the same license is not a big deal. There can be various reasons to transfer QuickBooks from one system to the other. But some people might think that transferring can lead to the loss of data and some unpredictable errors, but we recommend if you know the exact process of transferring QuickBooks to a new system, you can easily do so without any compromise to our data and the security of your data. In this article, we are going to talk about how you can transfer the QuickBooks to a new computer in simple and easy steps. In case you still feel like you need any assistance, we can help you with it.
The process to transfer QuickBooks to a new computer
Before transferring the QuickBooks to a new system, we recommend you make sure that you have created the backup of your QuickBooks file. Though we would say that you should do it on a regular interval if you haven’t done this, we will suggest you first create the backup and then carry out the stepwise process as mentioned.
- As we have suggested, the first step is to make a backup of the QuickBooks file.
- Next, you will have to send the backup to the new computer to which you want to transfer QuickBooks.
- Once you have done that, the next step is to download and install the Quickbooks software on your system.
- Once you have installed it following all the instructions given to you, the next step is to download the backup you have created to your QuickBooks software.
- You are needed to retrieve the file to the new QuickBooks that you have downloaded.
- The process of retrieving the backup files is mentioned in detail in the next section of the article.
- Once you are done with the backup, you have to remove the QuickBooks software from the previous system you were using it on.
The process to retrieve QuickBooks backup files
Now that you have downloaded the QuickBooks on a new computer and created a backup, it is time to retrieve the file and check if you have created the backup properly and it is working correctly or not. Follow the below-mentioned stepwise process:-
- First, you will have to insert the storage device into your new computer and then start the QuickBooks.
- Once you have opened it, you will have to look for the folder where the backup file is stored.
- In the QuickBooks window, you will see an option to retrieve the backup. Click on it.
- After this, select an option for the restore copy of the backup.
- after this, make sure you choose an option to create a backup on your local device.
- Next, you will have to click on the option to save the file and then look for the location where you want to keep the backup file.
- Once you have done that, you will have to select the submit option, and then it will start the restoration process of the backup file.
Set up and check the QuickBooks on a new computer
Now that you have created a backup and started the QuickBooks on a new computer, you will have to check if it is working properly or not. To do this, you will have to follow all the steps mentioned below:-
- The first thing that you have to do is to log in to every service individually that you want to use with the QuickBooks software on your new system. Make sure you have logged in to each service.
- In case you were using more than one company on the previous system, you will have to transfer all those QuickBooks files to this system following the steps mentioned in the above section.
- At last, we will recommend you to take a backup of all the files of QuickBooks after you have transferred QuickBooks to a new computer.
This was all about how to transfer QuickBooks from one system to the other system. If you want to know how can you use QuickBooks on more than one system, refer to our article. We believe all the steps that we have discussed are clear and easy to execute. You can reach us if you get stuck on any step or have any queries related to QuickBooks. We will be happy to help you.