QuickBooks is one of the most famous accounting software that has been used by so many business owners, and it is suitable for almost every kind of business size, but the only drawback to this software is that it also comes with a few errors that are tough to resolve. One of the toughest and most frequent errors that every QuickBooks user will get once in a while is a QuickBooks error 1321 ]. Hence, we are coming up with top notch solutions as prescribed by our high end technical experts to help you.
What is QuickBooks Error 1321?
QuickBooks error 1321 is a prominent error that you can face while you are installing the QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 1321 indicates that the installer is not able to write on a file. This can happen because the installer does not have enough permissions to write on a file. It is a prominent error but can be fixed if you simply update the permissions for the installer to access the file. Other than this, a variety of reasons can lead to QuickBooks error 1321. In this article, we are have discussed the different causes and fixes of the QuickBooks error 1321. We have mentioned different ways in which you can tackle the QuickBooks error 1321.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 1321
A variety of reasons can lead to the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 1321. Some of which we have mentioned in this section of the article.
- The installation process of the QuickBooks file has become even faster than copying any file.
- The other reason can be the incorrect settings of the anti-virus or firewall on the system.
- Permissions of Windows are not granted properly and it is restricting you to access a file that you want.
- The file you are trying to access is already used by other programs or the file is damaged.
Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Error 1321
Here are the following troubleshooting methods that you can use to fix the QuickBooks error 1321. A stepwise process is mentioned in each method. You can opt for any method mentioned and if one doesn’t work, you can switch to another.
Try to Update Again
The very first solution is to retry the download and then install the update. Follow the steps mentioned.
- Whenever you come across the prompt showing error 1321 in QuickBooks, you are needed to click on the option to retry to download.
- After this, if you still face the error after retrying, you are needed to click on the cancel button.
- Once done, you will be required to disable the antivirus temporarily in your system.
- After this, you will be needed to install the QuickBooks again on your system.
Update All the Privileges
The next solution in the list is to update the privileges that are required to install the QuickBooks. Follow the steps mentioned to update the privileges.
- In case while you are installing the QuickBooks software and you face the error AcrobatConnect.cfg, you are needed to update the required privileges for it.
If You are Using Windows XP Professional
- The very first step is to open the Internet Explorer on your system. You can do so by pressing the Windows key and the E key together.
- After this, you are needed to go to the parent folder of the QuickBooks error 1321.
- Now, you will be needed to click on the parent folder and then click on the properties option.
- After this, you will be needed to go to the security option.
- Once done, you are required to click on the administrator option and then click on the groups’ option.
If You are Using Windows XP
- The very first step is to turn off your system and then start it again.
- After this, when you see the windows icon on your screen, you are needed to press the F8 key.
- Now, you are required to choose for the option to open the windows in safe mode with networking. After this, press the enter key.
- After this, you are needed to follow the instructions to update the permissions. After this, you will be required to install QuickBooks again on your system.
- Once done, you will be needed to click on the System icon and then click on the option to provide full access to the user.
- After this, you are needed to click on the security option and then click on the advance option.
- Once done, you will be needed to click on the replace permissions option.
- Next, you are needed to close the properties windows and then click on the ok button.
Create a New Admin Account
The next solution is to create a new admin account. You will be needed to provide all the admin permissions to the new account. Follow the steps mentioned.
- The very first step is to click on the start option on the screen.
- After this, you will be needed to go to the control panel on your system and then click on the user account option.
- After this, you will need to click on the option to add a new user.
- Now, you will have to type the name of the account and then select the type of account as admin.
- Next, you will have to click on the option to create the account.
- Now, you will have to sign out from the system from the account that you are using.
- After this, you will be needed to sign in to the system with the new account that you have created.
So this was all about how to get rid of the QuickBooks error 1321. We have mentioned all the ways that you can use to get rid of the QuickBooks error 1321. We hope that the methods are enough for you to get rid of the error. If you still face the same error, contact us our support team will help you to solve the error. Our team is available 24×7 and will provide you with on-point solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – How do I fix QuickBooks error 1321?
You can fix the QuickBooks Error 1321 by following these methods:
- Turning off the Antivirus
- Use QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- Create a New Window User
- Modify Folder’s windows Access
Q.2 – How do I update QuickBooks?
Steps to update QuickBooks:
- Go to the Help menu.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks tab.
- Click Get Updates under the option Update Now.
- It will start updating your old software.
Q.3 – How do I know if my QuickBooks file is corrupted?
You need to verify the data of your QB file to know whether your QB File is corrupted or not. Here are the steps:
- Close QB software, and select File.
- Go for the Utilities and click on it.
- Single-click on Verify data. It will detect corruption in your file if it has.