Facing error 6000? this guide is for you. It is a series of errors that most people face when they try to open up a company file. It doesn’t allow the user to get access over the company file. In this article, we have mentioned all the methods that you can opt if you want to resolve the Quickbooks error 6000 easily. Various steps associated with each method have been mentioned.
A brief description of Quickbooks error 6000
Quickbooks error 6000 series is one of the most critical errors that you can face while using the Quickbooks software. There are many errors belong to the 6000 error series in Quickbooks. This error generally occurs when a user is trying to access the file or open some of the company files. You can see a four-digit number at the end of the error that defines which error of the 6000 series you are facing. This error can stop you from accessing any file or continue your work in the Quickbooks. Therefore, we recommend you to solve the error as soon as possible. In case you are facing Quickbooks error 6189, you can refer our article to resolve it easily.
Reasons for Quickbooks error 6000
Here is a list of all the reasons that can lead to the occurrence of the Quickbooks error 6000. There can be one of the possible reasons if you are facing the error 6000.
- The most common reason is that your firewall settings are not allowing the software to work correctly.
- The other reason can be that your .tlg and .nd files are corrupted or damaged.
- If there is any default in the installation of the Quickbooks software, it can also lead to this error.
- If you are trying to retrieve the files that you have backed up earlier can cause error 6000.
- Even if your network settings are not properly set, it can cause this error 6000 in Quickbooks.
Indications of Quickbooks error code 6000
Here’s a list of all the indications through which you can guess that your software is going through a Quickbooks error 6000. If you notice any of the symptoms that are mentioned below, you can try to perform the various solutions that have been mentioned in one of the sections of this article.
- If your system is crashing again and again there are chances that you have error 6000.
- If you are getting an alert box with the description of the error 6000.
- If your system starts freezing after a while you can check for Quickbooks error 6000.
- In case your system is not responding normally to the inputs you are providing can be a symptom of Quickbooks error 6000.
Methods to resolve Quickbooks error 6000
Try to rename your .tlg and .nd files
- To rename the files, you will have to find the folder where your company file is stored. You can use the file explorer for this.
- Once found, open the folder and look for the files with extensions .nd and .tlg.
- After you have found it, you will have to rename it. Right-click on the file and from the option list, look for the rename option.
- While renaming, all you have to do is add old as a postfix in the name of your file.
- Save the changes that you have made.
Change the settings of your antivirus
- The first thing that you need is the Quickbooks version you are using and the port number.
- To find this information, you will have to go to the database manager of your Quickbooks and look for the information.
- Note it down in a separate place.
- Now that you have gathered all the information, the next thing you need is to go to the firewall settings.
- You will be required to go to the advance setting option and look for the roles option.
- There you will see an option of the port. check the port and submit.
Retrieve the backup
- The first thing that you need to make sure that you are not running the system in the hosting mode.
- In case you are running the system in the hosting mode, you will be required to turn it off.
- To turn it off, you will have to go to the utility tab and then look for the option to stop the multi-user hosting. Know more about the multi-user set up in Quickbooks.
- Click on that option.
- A new window will open. Confirm for the same.
- Once done, you will be required to change the name of your company file. Make sure it should not exceed the 210 character limit.
- Once renamed, you can try to restore the file.
This was a comprehensive guide on the Quickbooks error 6000. We have discussed what Quickbooks 6000 error is and how to get rid of the error. We believe that if you pursue all the provided methods, you will solve the Quickbooks error 600 in no time. In case if feel like you still need to talk to a professional, you are free to call us.