Quickbooks error 6189 belongs to a QuickBooks error -6000 family. These errors are considered to be critical errors. It is also called a run time error because error 6189 only occurs when you are trying to open a file or create a new file. If you are also facing Quickbooks error 6189 and do not know how to resolve this error, don’t worry we have got you covered. We have mentioned different ways in which you can resolve this error. various ways have been mentioned so you can see whichever works for you.
Cause of Quickbooks error 6189
- There are chances that your. Tlg file is missing or it can be lost.
- The other reason can be that the Quickbooks file in your system is damaged or corrupted. You can repair the damaged files using the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- There are chances that you have not granted enough permissions to your system so that the software can work.
- If you do not have an upgraded version of multi-user Quickbooks software it can still cause error 6189.
- There are chances that your stored data have been lost by the server manager.
- If you are using any encrypted software and you are using it with your Quickbooks software, it can cause error 6189.
- Even if you have not upgraded your Quickbooks software it can also lead to this problem.
Methods to resolve Quickbooks Error 6189, 816
Try to open a sample file
- Start your Quickbooks application first.
- You will see no company file window. Open that window.
- There you will see a list of all the files that you have in your system.
- There will also be an option to open a random file.
- You are needed to click on the random file option.
- If you still encounter the same error, you should try to repair your installation file.
- In case your sample file opens up, you can try the other solutions that are given.
Shut down all the already running Quickbooks processes
- The first step is to log in to your system as an administrator.
- Next, You will have to open the windows task manager and go to the “users” option.
- In the “users” option, you can see all the processes that are currently running on your system.
- Look for the Quickbooks processes that are currently running.
- When found, click on every process and end the process.
- Once you have closed every process, you can restart your Quickbooks software in the multi-user mode.
Use the Quickbooks refresher tool
- The first thing is that you need to have the Quickbooks refresher tool in your system. If you do not have it, you can download it from the official site.
- Once you have downloaded it, you will be required to save that file on your desktop.
- It will ask you for the account permission. Grant access.
- Accept the conditions provided to you and wait for it to install in your system.
- This process may take time.
- Once it is installed in your system, You need to start it and look for fix Quickbooks option.
- Click on that option and it will fix it.
Use Quickbooks Tool Hub
- The first step is to shut down your Quickbooks software.
- The next step is to download the Quickbooks tool hub on your system. You can download it from the official site.
- Once downloaded, go to the location where your file is saved. Once you have found the file, click on the file.
- Terms and condition prompt will open up, Accept them to start the installation.
- Once installed, open the software.
- You will see a program problem tab on the left side.
- Go to the tab and then you can click on the fix problem option.
- Once it is done, You can restart your Quickbooks software.
Use Quickbooks server manager
- Now that you have downloaded the Quickbooks tool hub, you can use it to fix error 6189. If you have not installed it, you can read the above method to know the installation steps.
- In the tool hub, you will see a network issue option, click on that.
- After that, you can see the Quickbooks server manager tab, click on the tab.
- When you will click on it you will be redirected to the other page. There you will see a start scan tab. Click on that tab.
- Scan your files and it will automatically update your antivirus settings.
- Once it is all completed, you can restart the Quickbooks software.
This was all about the Quickbooks error 6189. A detailed description of the error 6189 in Quickbooks has been presented to you and all the methods to fix the errors have been mentioned. If you are not able to resolve the error still, you can seek guidance from the professionals by calling on our toll-free numbers.