Quickbooks update error 15106 is one of the most common errors that a user can face while updating the Quickbooks desktop. Getting this error signifies that there are some of the programs present that are not allowing the software to update. This error is also called a payroll error. This article is all about how to resolve the Quickbooks update error 15106 more simply. know how can you update Quickbooks in your system. We have mentioned all the methods that you could use to resolve the error 5106 in much less time and easily.
Reasons for Quickbooks Update Error 15106
There are many reasons that Quickbooks update error 15106 can occur. Some of the major causes have been listed below.
- One of the most common causes of error 15106 is that there are chances that some of the settings of your antivirus are not allowing your software to work properly.
- If you are not logged in to your system as an administrator, your system becomes somewhere incapable of opening new files or reading new files.
- If there is a spy sweeper present, there are high chances that you will encounter error 15106 in Quickbooks.
Solutions to Resolve Quickbooks Update Error 15106
Install the Quickbooks in your system in selective mode
In this method, we recommend you to install the Quickbooks software on your system in the selective mode. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first thing that you need to do is make a back up of your company files.
- After this, you will be required to note down the credentials of your product in a separate place so that you can use them later. In case you encounter an error message with invalid POS number, you can resolve it in simple steps. Read the article mentioned.
- Once you are done with the above two steps, you will be required to switch your system to the selective mode.
- After this, you will be required to install the Quickbooks on your system.
- Once it is installed, You will be required to switch back to the previous mode you were using your system in.
- Open Quickbooks and check if the error remains.
Disable User Account Control
The next recommended solution is to disable or turn off the user account control. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step is to go to the control panel. You can also open the control panel using the window and R key.
- In your control panel, you will be required to look for the accounts option and open the list of all the user accounts.
- The next thing that you have to do is that you will be required to look for an option to change the account settings.
- You can enable the UAC if it is disabled or you can disable it if it is enabled.
- Once you are done with the change in setting, submit it.
- Once you have submitted it, restart your system.
Rename the folders and change antivirus settings
The next recommended solution is to change the name of your folder and change the settings of your antivirus. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step is to open the Task Manager on your system.
- There you will see a process option, you will have to look for the antivirus process. You will be required to close the process.
- In case you are facing any error while stoping the antivirus, we will recommend you uninstall it from your system.
- The next thing is to rename the folders. For this, you will have to open the file explorer.
- Once you have opened it, Find the Quickbooks folder.
- In the Quickbooks folder, you will see a download folder, you are required to rename that folder.
- You will have to type old after the name of the folder.
- Once done, you are required to update the Quickbooks software and restart your system.
Login to your system as administrator
The last solution that we recommend you is to login into your system as an administrator. You will be needed to enter your credentials as an admin. In case you are logged in as a user, switch to the admin. We recommend this solution because it will give you all the admin rights and you can perform activities that you can not if you are working as a user. There are chances that this solution can help resolve Quickbooks error 15106.