Remembering a lot of passwords can be difficult for most of the users. Many QuickBooks users also struggle while remembering the password of the QuickBooks software. It s easy to reset your password if you know your password and you want to reset the password. In case you don’t know your password and you still want to reset it, it is a different process. It has come up with a QuickBooks automated password reset tool to help you with resetting your password. You can use the automated password reset tool to reset your password in much easier and fewer steps. In this article, we are going to talk about how you can reset your password using the automated password reset tool. We have mentioned different steps that you need to follow the automated password reset tool in Quickbooks.
Use of the QuickBooks automated password reset tool
We recommend you to use the automated password reset tool because of certain reasons. We believe that cybercrime has been rapidly growing these days and you can lose your data or even it can be misused. QuickBooks, therefore, has offered you a secure tool to recover your lost password. If you use the QuickBooks automated password reset tool, you can only reset the password if you have details of your product and many more personal information. Only the admin or the legal user can reset the password using the automated password reset tool. In case you have inserted the wrong details, you won’t be able to complete the password reset process. The details that you will enter will be cross-checked by QuickBooks to make sure that you are a legal person.
Use QuickBooks automated password reset tool to reset your password
Know the version of your software
The process can be different for different versions of the software. Therefore, we recommend you to first know which version you are using. If you are not aware of which version you are using, follow the steps listed below.
Use the Statement writer
- You can find the version in the statement writer.
- You are required to open your QuickBooks and in the report section, look for the report writer.
- Next, you will be required to know the details of the report writer.
- In the details, you will be able to see the version of the QuickBooks software.
Know through QuickBooks POS
- The other option is to use the point of the scale.
- You will be required to go to the help section.
- There you will find an option to view the product details.
- Once done, you will be able to see the product number, license, and version.
If you are using basic or payroll version of Quickbooks
- In case you are using the payroll version, you are required to go to the employee section.
- There you will see an option for the payroll.
- Next, you will be required to go to the payroll option.
If you are using QuickBooks Mac
- If you are using QuickBooks for mac, you will be simply required to go to the help section.
- In the help section, you will be able to see the version of the QuickBooks that you are using.
If you are using QuickBooks desktop
- Lastly, for the QuickBooks desktop, you will be required to go to the product detail option.
- You can press the key F2, it will directly open it.
- Note down the details of your QuickBooks software.
Select a previously updated version of QuickBooks
The next step to use the automated password reset tool is to know the version of QuickBooks that you have previously updated. Make sure you have.Net framework 4.5 or above present in your system. If you already do not have it, you are highly advised to download it first.
- The first step is to download and install the automated password reset tool on your system.
- Once you have downloaded it, you will be required to reset your QuickBooks admin password irrespective of the version of the QuickBooks that you are using.
- Now, you will have to choose the version you are currently using. If you do not know, you can refer to the steps mentioned in the above section of the article.
- The next step is to register to the QuickBooks software by entering your credentials.
- Accept all the terms and conditions.
- Now, you will be required to go to the download option and download it.
- After this, you will get a token number in your mail. Save it for later.
- Next, you are required to again choose the version of the software that you are using.
- Once done with this, you will be required to choose the file that you want to reset your password for.
- After this, you will have to type the new password for the file and then have to type the same password for the confirmation.
- Once done, save the settings that you have made.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Error 6000.
An automated password reset tool is quite useful when it comes to resetting your password in the QuickBooks software. Following the steps that have been mentioned in the above blog will help you to reset your password simply. You can reach our customer support if you are facing any issues while using the automated password reset tool in Quickbooks. We will try to resolve your queries in less time.