Quickbooks won’t export to excel error is one of the most common errors that many of the Quickbooks users can face. Though this is not a critical error, it needs to be fixed as soon as possible. There can be different reasons for which the users can face the Quickbooks won’t export to excel error that we have mentioned in the article. All the best possible ways to fix this error have been mentioned in the article. Read the article till the end to know how you can rectify the Quickbooks won’t export to excel error for both the desktop and the Mac. In case, if you want technical advice on the topic, you can reach our support team for the help.
Reasons for the Quickbooks won’t Export to Excel Error
Here is a list of all the reasons due to which you can face the Quickbooks won’t export to excel error. If you are facing the same error, we recommend you to try to look for the possible reasons that are mentioned below.
- If the registry of the MS office is damaged or corrupted then you can face the error.
- You are going to face the error if you have not installed the Quickbooks correctly or the running software is damaged.
- If your system is not compatible with the Quickbooks or the Excel, you will face the error.
- If the registry of the file is damaged or corrupted, then you will face this error frequently.
Methods to fix Quickbooks won’t Export to Excel Error
Here is a list of all the ways that you can use to fix the Quickbooks won’t export to excel error and their respective steps.
The first method we are going to talk about is to update the Quickbooks on your system. You can download the Quickbooks update from the website or you can do that by using the Quickbooks desktop software only. You can do so by going to the update option in the Quickbooks software if any of the updates are pending. If you see any pending update, first update it.
Once you have updated the Quickbooks software to the latest version, then you will have to perform the following steps.
- In the Quickbooks desktop, you will have to go to the report tab.
- In the reports tab, you will have to choose a report from the list of reports.
- You will have to choose the option for MS excel when it comes to the import option.
Check the compatibility of the Quickbooks software
The other recommended method is to check the compatibility of your Quickbooks software with the system you are using. If it is not compatible, you will have to download the compatible version. In case you find the Excel version compatible with that of the Quickbooks version, we recommend you to move to the next solution.
Switch the settings of the UAC
The next solution is to change the settings of the windows user account and then change it back to the settings as before. You will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- You will have to hit the start icon on your screen.
- After this, you will have to search for the user account settings, it will then open up a new window for you with the settings of the account.
- You will have to look for the option for never notify and then click on ok.
- Once you are done with this, you will have to reboot your system.
- If even after rebooting you face the error, move to the next solution.
Reperform the Quickbooks installation
The other solution is to install the Quickbooks software again on your system by first uninstalling it on your system. Make sure that you have the Microsoft Office installed on your system. In case you don’t have it, install it on your system. After this, you will have to again install the Quickbooks.
Repair Microsoft office if required
The next recommended solution is to repair the Microsoft office if you feel like that it needs repairing. Follow the steps mentioned below.
If you are using Windows 7
- The first step is to open the control panel on your system and then look for the Microsoft Excel from the list of the program.
- You will then have to repair the program.
- To repair the Excel, you will have to follow the instructions given to you on the screen.
If you are using the windows 10
- The first step is to start the Microsoft excel and then click on the modify option.
- Now you will have to choose the repair option and follow the instructions provided to you on the screen.
Steps to fix Quickbooks won’t Export to Excel in Mac
If you are using the Quickbooks for Mac and if you are facing this error, you have to follow the stepwise process as mentioned.
- The first thing that you have to see if Microsoft Excel is compatible with Quickbooks or not.
- After this, you will need to check if your system fulfils the requirements for the Quickbooks or not.
- If both the requirements are fulfilled, then you are required to install the Quickbooks or the Excel on your system again.
- You will be needed to register for the Excel again after installing it again.
- Once you are done, you will have to again install the Quickbooks again and then register again.
We believe that you will be able to fix the QuickBooks export to excel not working error if you go through the methods that we have mentioned in the article. we have a team of technical experts to fix all the issues that you can face while using the QuickBooks software. If you are facing the error even after carrying out the procedures, you can contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – How to export quickbooks to excel?
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to Reports.
- Choose the report you wish to export.
- From the top of the screen, choose the Export icon.
- Next, choose the option Export to Excel.
- Save your file.
Q.2 – Why won’t QuickBooks export to excel?
Answer: Sometimes QuickBooks users find that they are unable to export data to Excel. There are a few possible reasons for this problem.
- First, it is important to make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.QuickBooks periodically releases updates that can improve its compatibility with other software programs. If QuickBooks is not up-to-date, it may not be able to export data to Excel correctly.
- Another possibility is that the file you are trying to export is too large. QuickBooks has a maximum file size for exported files, and if the file you are trying to export is too large, it will not be able to export it correctly.
- Finally, there may be an issue with the formatting of the QuickBooks file. If the file is not formatted correctly, QuickBooks will not be able to export it correctly.
Q.3 – How do I export a CSV file from QuickBooks to excel?
- From the Gear icon, choose the option Export.
- Navigate to the Reports tab & then you need to switch on the Excel file export.
- Turn off the lists within the Lists tab.
- Choose the option Export to Excel. Click OK.
Q.4 – Can I export the QuickBooks chart of accounts to excel?
- From the Chart of Accounts dashboard, tap on the Reports tab.
- Select the option Account Listing.
- A window pops up with a Chart of Accounts reports & Balances.
- Lastly, you can now export it to excel.