Quickbooks application is a great bookkeeping software that is used by mostly every small and medium-sized company. It is one of the most preferred software because of the immense variety of features that it provides to its users. But like every other program, it also sometimes encounter bugs or errors which are needed to be resolved for the better functioning of the Quickbooks software. We are going to talk about the Quickbooks event id 4 or Quickbooks event log error 4 in this article. You can face the Quickbooks event id 4 error because the files of the Quickbooks are flawed or corrupted. You are going to face the error when you try to connect the Quickbooks with the integration manager and it is not able to connect them. You will see the prompt with the error indication even if you are not trying to connect it. We have mentioned different steps to fix the Quickbooks event id 4 error easily. Read the article till the end to know the full process of fixation of the Quickbooks event id 4 error.
Root sources of the Quickbooks event log error 4
If you are facing the Quickbooks event log error, then here is the list of all the possible reasons that are triggering the error on your system.
- One of the most crucial reason is the flawed company file in Quickbooks.
- Company file has been damaged.
- Can be caused due to any flaw in the windows registry.
- Virus or malware attacks can damage the Quickbooks application on your system.
Warnings of Quickbooks event log error 4
When you are system is facing the event id 4 error in Quickbooks, you are going to face the following changes in your system. Read the list below.
- The system stops responding or respond late on every input.
- If the running program suddenly closes without closing it.
- System shut down oftentimes without any warnings.
- You can see a prompt indicating the error code and the description.
Steps to troubleshoot Quickbooks event log error 4
Carry out the steps mentioned below to troubleshoot Quickbooks event id 4.
- Initially, you will need to sign in into your system as an admin.
- Now, the next step is to press the window key and the R key together to open up a run prompt.
- You will then have to type control in the box and then press enter.
- It will then open up the control panel and then you will have to do to the change programs option.
- It will open up a window with a list of all the installed program on the system.
- Next, you will have to search for the .net framework and then click on it to uninstall it.
- You will have to wait until the uninstallation is not completed.
- Once it is done, You will be needed to restart your system.
- You will then have to again open the control panel on your system and then click on the program and feature option.
- Once done, you will then see an option to add or remove windows feature. Click on it.
- It will then open a new window for you.
- You will then have to look for the .net framework and expand it. You will see a .net framework 3.5.
- Once you have clicked on the .net framework 3.5, it will start the installation process.
- Once the framework is installed, you will gain have to restart your system.
The process to follow if facing the same error
Still, encountering Quickbooks event id 4? Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve it.
- Initially, you are required to install the update of the Quickbooks on your system. You can install an update from both the software and the official website. iN case you fail to sign in to the Quickbooks application, you will have to install it form the website.
- Once you have updated the Quickbooks software, you will have to proceed with downloading and installing the Quickbooks diagnostic tool on your system.
- Next, you will have to turn off every other application running on your system and run the install diagnostic tool.
- Once it is done, you will have to restart your system and check if you are still facing the error.
- In case you do, you will have to install the Quickbooks again on your system but make sure that you note down your product Id and the license number before uninstalling it from your system.
We are assuming that you were benefitted from the methods that we have mentioned above and is now able to resolve the event log error 4 in Quickbooks. We have tried to provide you with all the feasible ways to get rid of the event log error 4. In case you still need any help from the professionals, you can call us for help.