QuickBooks is among the popular software used for accounting and bookkeeping. QuickBooks provides you with a feature of direct deposit to pay to your employees. It will allow you to transfer money to the direct bank accounts immediately or most probably within 2-3 days. In case you are already using the QuickBooks payroll service then you can change the bank account to the other bank account to set up the QuickBooks direct deposit. Setting up the direct deposit in QuickBooks is a quite simple process and can be performed easily by someone who is even new to QuickBooks. In this article, we have mentioned the whole process of QuickBooks direct deposit in detail to help you with setting up and using the QuickBooks direct deposit. Read the full article to know how to use the QuickBooks direct deposit.
What is QuickBooks Direct Deposit?
Direct Deposit is a unique and useful feature of QuickBooks that allows you to make easy and super fast payments to employees with the help of the payroll feature of QuickBooks desktop. For your regular employees, you can also select the automatic payroll option. With this, all the regular employees will receive on a regular interval.
The fee for QuickBooks direct deposit depends on your number of employees. If you have a higher number of employees then you can also go for the unlimited direct deposit option. For direct deposit, you will need to save your and your employees’ bank details on QuickBooks.
Steps to follow if you are new to QuickBooks payroll service
You are needed to follow the below-mentioned steps if you are new to the QuickBooks payroll service feature:
- The very first step is to set up payroll in QuickBooks on your software. To do it, you will have to enter the information asked like the employee information and then details about the tax.
- Next, you will have to connect the bank account with the Payroll service. You are needed to enter the bank account details. You are needed to click on the connect bank account option. After this, you will have to enter the required information that you need to connect. You will need information like the bank details.
- Next, you will have to print the direct deposit form. After that, you will have to provide it to your employees. It is legal proof that the employee has opted for the QuickBooks direct deposit. You can get the form from the tax and form option. Then you will have to go to the employee and contractor set up option and look for the direct deposit authorization form.
- Next, you will be needed to set the bank details of your employees. For this, you will have to go to the employee tab and then set it up. You are required to set up the bank details of every employee individually.
- Last, now that you are done with all the steps mentioned above, you will have to try to send a direct deposit to check if it is working properly. We recommend you to always recheck the details of both employee and your bank account.
Steps to follow if you are already using the QuickBooks payroll service
You are required to follow the steps that we have mentioned if you have activated the payroll service in QuickBooks:
- In your QuickBooks desktop, you are needed to click on the employee tab. After this, you will have to select the employee center option.
- It will then open the list of the employee for you and then you will have to select the name of the employee for whom you want to change.
- After this, you will have to click on the payroll information option.
- Next, you will be needed to select the direct deposit option from there.
- After this, you will be redirected to the direct deposit window and then you will have to click on the option to click on the direct deposit option along with the name of the employee.
- After this, you will have to choose whether you want to choose the direct deposit for one account or two accounts and define the percentage share that you want to send.
- Next, you are required to fill up the bank details of the employee that you have opted to provide with the direct deposit.
- Review the information and then save it.
Also read:- How to troubleshoot issue with bank?
Steps to edit employee information for QuickBooks direct deposit
Follow all the steps if you want to edit the employee information for QuickBooks direct deposit:
- Initially, you will have to go to the paycheck option and then choose the paycheck detail option.
- After this, You will be needed to uncheck the checkbox for QuickBooks direct deposit and then save it.
- Lastly, you will have to click on the option of a paycheck and again make the QuickBooks direct deposit.
Steps to delete QuickBooks direct deposit from employee
You are required to follow the Following mentioned steps if you want to delete the QuickBooks direct deposit option from the employee information:
- You are first required to go to the employee option and then to the employee center option.
- Next, you will be required to select the name of the employee whose information you want to edit. You are needed to double-click on the name of the employee.
- After this, you will be needed to click on the payroll information option and it will open up the details.
- Next, you will have to look for the direct deposit option and thence click on it.
- It will then give you an option to delete the QuickBooks direct deposit. Click on the option and then save it.
- You can again check for it following the same process.
This is how you can set up and activate the QuickBooks direct deposit. We hope that you found the article informative for you and the article helped you get rid of any concerns regarding the QuickBooks direct deposit. If you have any queries regarding the QuickBooks direct deposit, you can seek guidance from our professional team. they will provide you with a precise solution for it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to activate direct deposit for vendors in QuickBooks Desktop?
Here is the step-by-step process to activate direct deposit for vendors:
- a) Go to the Vendor Center.
- b) Now double-click on the name of the vendor that you want to select.
- c) Click on “Aditional Info” and then on “Direct Deposit”.
- d) Type of PIN for direct deposit and then click on “Continue”.
- e) Just follow the on-screen notifications and your work is done.
Q2. Does QuickBooks allow direct deposit?
Yes, QuickBooks allow direct deposit. For this, you need to activate your direct deposit and set a PIN for it.
Q3. How do I set a deposit to the account on QuickBooks desktop?
In order to set a deposit to the account on QuickBooks desktop, first of all, you will need to set that particular account as a vendor on your QuickBooks. After this, you can set it for deposit by going to the vendor center.