When you have a huge number of accounts to manage, there are chances that you sometimes make a mistake while making a payment. But do not worry about it because if you have made any mistakes while making many payments, you can delete it in Quickbooks or undo them. For some people it can be complicated, therefore, we have come up with an article to let you know everything about how to delete a deposit in Quickbooks. This article will be beneficial for both online and desktop users. We have mentioned the ways to delete a deposit in Quickbooks for both desktops as well as online. If you want to send your invoice through the email, you will be needed to set up one in the Quickbooks. read the article to know the simple steps to set up an email with the Quickbooks.
Steps to Delete Deposit in Quickbooks desktop
If you are using Quickbooks desktop and want to delete a deposit, you can do it by using the selecting a particular deposit and click on the edit option. Follow the steps that have been mentioned below.
- You can see a list option on the top of your screen.
- When you will click on the list option, you will see an account chart option.
- You will have to click on it then go to the deposit option.
- In case you want to remove an individual payment, you can select that particular payment.
- After this, you will have to click on the “edit” option available.
- If you want to delete that individual record, you can click on the “delete line” option, and if you want to delete the whole deposit click on the “delete deposit” option.
- At last, press enter and your desired deposit will be deleted.
Steps to undo any payment from a deposit
To undo any payment from the list of deposits, follow the steps that have been mentioned below.
- The first step is to go to the Quickbooks software and look for a record of deposits.
- Once you have found it, you have to go to the banking option. After this look for the deposit option.
- Click on the deposit option and then you will be able to see all the transaction history.
- Next, look for the record of the transaction that you want to delete.
- When you have found it, you can go to the edit option and delete the payment.
Steps to undo the deposited payments in Quickbooks
- The first step is to open your Quickbooks software. There you will see a banking option.
- In the banking option, you will get a list of all the deposits and transactions that are made. You will have to select cancel when you see a deposit view option.
- If you want to delete the particular payment, you will first have to find it.
- Once found, click on it and then click on the edit option.
- After that click on the delete option.
- When you will click on the delete option, a warning alert box will open up. Click on agree and your payment will be deleted.
Steps to undo the undeposited payments in Quickbooks
- First, open your Quickbooks software. There you will see a list option.
- Look for the account option.
- You will get a drop-down menu. There you will have to choose the option for undeposited funds.
- When you have done this, you will have to click on the amount that you want to delete and from the option choose the delete option.
- A prompt will open up. Click on agree to delete the deposit.
Steps to delete a deposit in Quickbooks online
Deleting the payments in the Quickbooks online is as simple as it was in Quickbooks desktop. Here is a best hosting review for the Quickbooks online version. It will help you to choose between the desktop and the online version. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete a deposit in Quickbooks online.
- The first thing is to go to your Quickbooks online portal.
- There you will find the customer menu option. Click on that option.
- You will get a list of all the customers that you have made payments to.
- You will have to look for the customer whose payment or deposit you want to delete.
- Once you have found that customer, look for the payment that you want to delete.
- You will then have to open the payment and then click on the delete option.
It is an easy process to create and delete deposit in Quickbooks. We have mentioned a detailed procedure for both the desktop version and the online version. In case you get stuck on any step mentioned in the article or have any questions related to the deposits in Quickbooks, we will be happy to help you. You can call us on our toll-free number.