Quickbooks users often face error code 80029c4a. This error occurs when your system fails to load a dynamic link file. There can be many reasons that this error can occur; We have discussed in this article that what can be the causes of this error and what are the solutions we can try to resolve this error. We have discussed this all in detail and tried to provide all the relevant information about this type of error.
What can cause Quickbooks error 80029c4a to occur?
There can be different reasons that this error might occur. We are listing all those reasons. Check the list below.
- The first reason is that there are chances that the Quickbooks you have downloaded is corrupt or damaged.
- This error can occur even you have not completely installed the QuickBooks software on your system.
- If you have any virus present in your system it will cause this error.
- Even if your windows registry is corrupted, it will prompt this error.
- If you have deleted any file related to the software, it will still fail to load the dynamic libraries.
- You need to check if your software-related files are damaged or corrupted.
An indication that you have an error code 80029c4a
If your system has any of the following issues, there are chances that you have an error code 80029c4a. Look at the points below.
- If your windows are running slow and it responds late to the keyboard and the mouse.
- You can look for this error if your system has started to freeze.
- The error prompt shows up on the screen.
- There are chances that this error will occur when you will install the software.
- Your system goes inactive whenever an error message is prompted.
Resolve Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a
We are providing a list of all possible solutions that you can try to resolve this error. We are providing you with 5 solutions that you try to resolve the issue on your own.
Method 1: Check your security system
The first way to resolve this error is by updating your anti-virus or any security software you have on your PC. There are high chances that your anti-virus would have stopped your QuickBooks software from launching. All you need to do is to update your security software. Download its latest version and check the software’s documentation and add exceptional programs to the software. Once it is all done, you can try to launch the QuickBooks software again.
Method 2: You can try running the “reboot.bat” file
Whenever we install Quickbooks on our system, the reboot.bat file is also stored in the system. This file is used to reset all the settings of the software to the default settings. This file is a set of codes that will help you to reset the entire registry again to clean up all the errors that have occurred. You need to perform the following steps to run this file. Read the steps below.
- Press a shortcut key combination windows and E to open up the file explorer.
- In your C drive, you can find your Quickbooks folder.
- In the folder, you have to look for the reboot.bat file and click on it.
- Once you have run the file, you will have to reboot your system.
- After all, this is done, try launching Quickbooks software again.
Method 3: Try to reinstall the software
The next step is to reinstall your QuickBooks software. You can use the clean install tool provided by QuickBooks to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps to reinstall the software.
- The first step is that you have to remove the already existing QuickBooks from your system.
- The next step is to run the clean installation tool.
- Now, you will be required to again download and install the QuickBooks software.
- Always remember, you have to run it as admin.
- When you will open the QuickBooks application, you will see a help icon, click on that and look for Update Quickbooks.
- You will be provided with a certain option, click on every option, and update your software.
- Once it is completed, there are still chances that you will see that some update is still available. Update again and once, you stop getting any update messages, reboot your system.
Method 4: You can try to repair QuickBooks using windows.
The next solution is to repair your QuickBooks software. Follow the below steps to window repair your Quickbooks software.
- If Quickbooks is running on your system, close it first.
- Go to the control panel and then to program and features.
- Find the Quickbooks software from the list of all the programs. Click on the program and then click on uninstall.
- When you will start to uninstall it, a window will open up.
- You will be provided with some options. If you see the repair option, click on it.
- You will have to wait until the process is completed.
- Once the process is completed, click on the finish button.
- Restart your system and launch the QuickBooks software.
Method 5: Try using a system file checker
The last solution we are recommending you is to use the system file checker for the error. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open your command prompt.
- Press CTRL and shift and press enter key.
- You will be asked to give permissions, click on allow.
- In the command prompt, type scan now.
- The file checker will start the scan. This will take some time. Wait till it is completed.
- See if it has recognized your error.
- When the process will be completed you will be required to follow the further steps mentioned on your screen.
So this was all about the error. There is nothing to worry about if you face this error. You can simply resolve it using any of the methods that we have explained above. We hope that the article was helpful to you in some way and we have provided with all the necessary information that you need to know.
Frequently asked questions
Why does error 8002c4a occur?
There can be many reasons that a particular error can occur. It can be due to a corrupted installation of the software, your anti-virus, or many other things. We have discussed these causes in detail in one of the sections of our article.
What is a QBB file?
This is a backup file for the Quickbooks software. This file is automatically stored in your system whenever you install the QuickBooks software on your system.
What is the subscription fee of Quickbooks?
Quickbooks charge the subscription fee after a trial of one month. The subscription fee of the Quickbooks software is around 26.95 dollars per month. You can even opt for the annual subscription with which you can get annual upgrades and almost every same feature as that of the QuickBooks Pro software.