Quickbooks, like any other application, has some glitches that a user can face while performing a certain task on Quickbooks. Though the glitches don’t make it any less reliable software it is also important to get rid of those errors or glitches that you can face. In this blog, we are intended to discuss one such error. This article is written for a very frequent error that a user can face which is file exists error in Quickbooks. You are going to face this error when you try to perform an action in Quickbooks like updating payrolls, printing a form, opening a form, paying for your liabilities and many more. You will get a big prompt message on your screen whenever you try to act Quickbooks. The message usually indicates that the desired file can not be accessed because it is opened in another program. In this article, we have explained to you different reasons for which you face this error and the different solutions that you can opt for to resolve Quickbooks the file exists error. If you still wish to take technical advice, then you can reach our support team.
Origins of Quickbooks “the file exists” error
- If your internet connection is acting up then you are going to face Quickbooks the file exists error.
- Other than that, the most common reason is the obsolete version of the firewall.
- Erroneous security settings of your internet browser.
- Obsolete version of the Quickbooks you are using on your system.
- Disruption in the process due to the user account control.
- You are not having enough permissions to carry out the process or you are not using your system with the admin account.
- The last and one of the common reason is that you have installed the Quickbooks on your system either incorrect or incomplete.
Different approaches to solve the Quickbooks file exists error
Below we have mentioned different approaches that you can opt for if you want to resolve Quickbooks file exists error.
Close user account control settings
- The initial step is to open the windows settings on your system.
- There you will get an option for the user account control (UAC).
- You will have to check if it is turned on or off.
- In case it is enabled, you are required to disable them.
- Once done, restart your system.
Find out available updates for Quickbooks
- The initial step is to initiate the Quickbooks and then go to the properties option.
- There you will be able to see the version of the Quickbooks software that you are using.
- Once found, you will have to look for updates of the software that you can search for using the get update option.
- If you get any update, you will have to download it.
- After it is downloaded, you will have to install it. Follow all the instructions mentioned on the screen for you.
- Once all the above steps are completed, you will have to restart your system and check if you are facing the file exists error.
Register Quickbooks again with the help of reboot.dat file
- The first step is to Close the Quickbooks application from your system.
- Once done, you will have to click on the icon of the Quickbooks software and then go to the properties option.
- There you will find the full path of the folder that contains the reboot.dat file on your system.
- After this, you will have to go to the folder and then click on the reboot.dat file.
- It will then start the process and will open up a command prompt.
- Once the process is completed and the command prompt is closed, you will have to restart your system.
Give full access of files to the user
- The initial step in this process is to click on the QuickBooks icon and then go to the properties option.
- There you will have to go to the location of the file and then delete the address of the file.
- Once you are done with this, you will have to go to the folder of Quickbooks and go to the properties option of the folder.
- There, you will have to go to the security option and then edit it. After this, you will have to add a new user.
- Next, you are needed to select the everyone option and then save it.
- Next, you will be required to opt for the full access option and save.
- Lastly, you will have to restart your system and then see if the error remains.
Resolve Quickbooks the file exists error during printing forms
- First, you will have to open the control panel on your system.
- After this, you will see an option for the driver and printer.
- You will then have to delete the select the device with which you are facing the error and then delete it.
- Next, you will have to close the Quickbooks from your system.
- The next step is to go to the Quickbooks folder and look for the qbprint.qbp file and then remove it from the folder.
- After you have done this, you will be required to restart your system and print again.
All the feasible solutions to troubleshoot the Quickbooks the file exists error have been mentioned above. We believe that the ways have helped you to fix the error. In case you are still struggling with the error, we will be glad to help you with it. You can communicate with our expert team to guide you.