QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error is a common browser error that you can face while operating the QuickBooks application. The 502 bad gateway error can affect the web browser activities and applications. There is no particular reason that you can face the QuickBooks error but we have discussed a list of reasons in the next section of the article. Most commonly QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error occurs when the cache of your browser is full.
There are different ways in which you can fix the QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error and we have mentioned all those methods in the article. Read the article till the end.
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error
All the reasons why you can face the 502 bad gateway error in QuickBooks are listed below:
- In case the cache memory of your browser is filled then you can face the error.
- The other common reason is that you have enabled the active scripting option from the settings of your browser.
- Another reason is that Intuit website is not listed among the trusted website.
- If the cache memory of the QuickBooks desktop is filled, you can encounter the 502 bad gateway error in QuickBooks.
Indications of the QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error
When you are facing the QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error, you can see the below-mentioned changes in your system:
- You are unable to log in to your QuickBooks account.
- You can encounter the error when you are downloading any forum from the browser.
- When you face this error, you will not be able to complete the update of the QuickBooks application.
Read more:- How to correct cache amount for quickbooks enterprise?
Different Ways to Get Rid of the QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error
Below we have listed various methods that you can opt for fixing the QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error. All the methods are discussed in detail:
Check the Settings of the Scripting Option
If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, you are needed to follow the steps mentioned below to check the scripting option:
- First, you are required to open Internet Explorer on your system.
- After this, you will have to click on the tool option and then click on the internet option.
- Now, it will redirect you to the new security window and then you will have to click on the internet option.
- Next, you are required to choose the custom level option and after that, you will have to select the option to enable the active scripting.
Clear Cache of the QuickBooks
The next solution is to clear the cache from the QuickBooks software. You are needed to follow the steps that we have mentioned below:
- First, you are needed to start the QuickBooks application.
- Now that you have started the system, you are needed to click on the help option and then click on the option to reset the data.
- After that, it will run the application.
- Next, you are needed to check if you are facing the error or not.
Operate QuickBooks Through Web
The next solution that we are going to discuss is to try to operate your QuickBooks account through the web. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Initially, you will be needed to go to qbo.intuit.com.
- After this, you are required to sign in to your account by entering your login details.
- After this, you will have to go to the help section and then you are needed to click on the contact option.
- After this, you are needed to type 502 bad gateway and then select the let’s talk.
- It will then connect you to QuickBooks customer support.
Clear Cookies from the Browser
The next solution is to clear the cache and the cookies from your browser. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The very first step is to open your web browser and after that, you will have to go to the menu by clicking on the 3 dots.
- Next, you will have to click on the clear browsing data option.
- Now, you are needed to make sure that you are deleting the browsing data for all time.
- Make sure that you have all the other checkboxes marked. If not, mark them first.
- After this, you will have to click on the delete option.
Download Transactions Manually
If the above methods didn’t work for you, you can also try to download the transactions manually. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, on the QuickBooks home page, you are needed to click on the banking option.
- After this, you are needed to select the accounts that you want to update.
- Once selected, you will be needed to click on the update option.
There are chances that you will notice that some of the transactions are repeated. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix it:
- Initially, you are needed to open the banking window.
- After this, you will be needed to click on the review option.
- Next, mark the checkbox for duplicate entries and then click on the option to exclude them.
Add Intuit Official Website as an Authorized Website
If none of the above solutions worked & resolved the error 502, then you must follow this method. This method will provide you the two ways for different browsers. One is for the Mac user for the Safari browser and the other one is for Internet Explorer.
For Safari on the Mac
Follow the below-mentioned steps to add the intuit site to your safari browser.
- To start with, open your Safari browser on your Mac.
- Secondly, type up com in the address field, & hit Enter.
- Then, you need to add the bookmark choices under the bookmark.
- After that, you have to add the top website from the Add this Page option & tap on Add.
- To end with, you need to verify whether the prevalent error is fixed or not.
For Internet Explorer
Here we are going to mention the steps to add Intuit as a trusted website on your Internet Explorer.
- Access Internet Explorer and go to the tool menu.
- Navigate to the Internet Option.
- Now, from the Security tab, click on the trusted sites option.
- Once done, click on the choice of the sites, and write Intuit.com in it.
- Untick the Server checkbox area, and click on Add.
- At last, tap on Close & OK.
Read more:- How to troubleshoot issues with bank feed?
Hopefully, all the methods we have listed above will be enough for you to eradicate the QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error. We hope that you found the article worth reading and will be benefitted from it. We would recommend you to talk to our professional team if you want any guidance on the issue. Our team will help you to get rid of QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error in a more precise manner.