QuickBooks enterprise version is another QuickBooks version providing a wide range of features to its user to manage their financial data. QuickBooks Enterprise allows you to create payroll, advance inventory, and many more features and make it easier for you. Talking about cache in the QuickBooks enterprise version, it is inbuilt with the software and the cache for the software is managed by the database manager. There is a possibility that the amount of data in the cache is increased and your system can start freezing up or start working slow. The process of clearing the cache is tricky in Quickbooks enterprise and is not understood by most people.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can correct the cache amount in the Quickbooks software. We have explained different ways to correct cache amount in Quickbooks enterprise.
Reasons Behind the Correct Cache Amount For QuickBooks Enterprise Issue
Following are the major reasons that can cause the correct cache amount for QBs enterprise error. Knowing the reasons will help you to prevent the error in the future as well as it can help you to apply the troubleshooting methods.
- If you update your QBs enterprise to its latest version, it will trigger the error.
- In case, you restart the server.
- When you update your QBs desktop.
- It occurs while you are trying to update your windows.
Methods to Correct Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
Here are some of the methods that you can opt for if you want to correct the cache amount in QuickBooks enterprise.
Use the .ini file
The very first method in the list is to use the .ini file to correct the cache amount of the QuickBooks enterprise. Follow the methods mentioned below:
- First, you are needed to start the system in which you have stored your .ini file.
- After that, you are needed to look for the intuit folder.
- Now, you will have to go to the DB server option and then select the right values for it.
- You are required to set the initial cache as 0. It will not impact your computer system’s performance.
- Other than that, in the other field of the Max cache, you are needed to set the status according to the performance of the computer system.
- Lastly, you will have to save the changes and after that, you will have to turn off that file. Next, you will have to turn it on.
Change Settings for “Server Only Install”
You can change the settings for the server only install in two ways. both the ways are mentioned below in detail.
Change the Settings by Signing in to the Windows
- First, you are needed to use QuickBooks in the multi-user mode.
- Now, you are needed to type HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\Quickbooksdb25\parameter.
- You then receive a message prompt.
- You are then needed to write down the number you will see with -ch and after -c.
- Now, finally, you will have to make sure that you are using QuickBooks in the multi-user mode.
Change the Settings from the Registry
- First, you are needed to sign out of your QuickBooks account.
- After that, you are needed to click on the option to stop the database service and then stop the QuickBooks db25 service.
- Once done, you will see that all the database services are stopped and you are not able to access the work that you have not saved.
- After this, you will have to change the settings from the settings.
- Now, you will be needed to make some changes to the services. You are needed to change the -c 126 and make it to -c256 and similarly you will have to change -ch256 and make it to -ch126.
- Now, you will have to go to the cmd on your systems and then type net start QuickBooks db25.
- Lastly, you will have to see if you are facing the same error again.
Know more: How to install QuickBooks trial version?
Clearing Cache in QuickBooks Online
You are needed to clear the cache from QuickBooks online and also make sure that QuickBooks online works properly. The process includes two steps to clear cache in QuickBooks online.
Clear the Browser Cache
First, you are needed to clear the cache of the browser. You are needed to go to the settings option in the browser and then click on the option to clear the browsing history and also make sure that you have chosen the option to clear the cache of the browser. Once you are done with clearing the cache, you will have to restart your system.
Clear the Cookies for Intuit
You are needed to clear all the intuit-specific cookies from your browser. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you are needed to start the browser and then click on the menu option on the right side of the browser window.
- Now, you will have to click on the Settings option.
- After this, you are needed to click on the advance settings option and then click on the option of security.
- Next, you will have to go to the site cookies option.
- All the cookies of all sites can be seen there and you will have to search for the Intuit cookies. You can type Intuit in the search bar and then hit the enter button.
- Now, you will get a list of all the Intuit-related cookies.
- You are needed to mark all of them and select the option to delete them.
- Once all the cookies are deleted, you will have to close your browser and start it again.
Correct cache amount can help you for the smooth working of the QuickBooks software. We hope that the steps we have mentioned will help you with the process of clearing the cache amount for the QuickBooks enterprise. We hope that this article was helpful to you. You can also call our Quickbooks Enterprise support team if you want an early solution to your issues. Our team will provide you with a precise solution.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – How do I clear the cache in QuickBooks?
Answer – Maintaining a clean cache is important for the smooth operation of QuickBooks. The cache is a temporary storage location for data that is accessed frequently. Over time, the cache can become cluttered with outdated or unnecessary data, which can slow down QuickBooks. To clear the cache, follow these steps:
- At the top right, click on the More ⋮ icon.
- Choose Settings.
- Click on Privacy and security.
- Choose the option Cookies and other site data.
- Click on See all cookies and site data.
- In the search bar, type “Intuit” to find Intuit cookies.
- Hit the tab on Remove all shown icons.
- Finally, restart Google Chrome to execute the changes.
- Open Safari.
- Select the Safari browser.
- Choose Preferences.
- Click on Privacy
- Select Manage Website Data.
- In the search bar, type “Intuit” to find Intuit-related cookies.
- Click on Remove All.
- Hit the option Remove Now.
- Choose Done.
- Restart Safari to implement the changes.
- Select the Menu ☰ icon at the screen’s top.
- Choose Settings.
- Click on Privacy & Security.
- Choose the option Manage Data under Cookies
- In the search bar type “intuit” and hit Enter.
- Click on Remove All Shown.
- Tap on Save Changes.
- Restart Mozilla Firefox.
Q.2 – How do I free up space in QuickBooks?
Answer – QuickBooks can become bogged down with unnecessary data, which can make it difficult to find the information you need. If you find yourself in this situation, there are a few simple steps you can take to free up space in QuickBooks.
- Take a look at the items in your inventory. If you have items that are no longer being used, you can delete them from your inventory list. This will not only free up space in QuickBooks, but it will also make it easier to keep track of your inventory.
- Examine customers and vendors in your QuickBooks file. If you have any inactive customers or vendors, you can delete them from your lists.
- Finally, review the transactions in your QuickBooks file. If there are any old or unnecessary transactions, you can delete them.
Q.3 – How much memory is needed for QuickBooks?
Answer – QuickBooks is available in several different versions, each of which has different memory requirements. But the minimum amount of RAM that you will need for any version is 4GB, but 8GB is recommended for optimal performance. If you have less than 4GB of RAM, you may experience slowdowns and other performance issues. QuickBooks requires a processor speed of at least 2.4 GHz.