Quickbooks enterprise version is another Quickbooks version providing a wide range of features to its user to manage their financial data. Quickbooks enterprise allows you to create payroll, advance inventory and many more features and make it easier for you. Talking about cache in Quickbooks enterprise version, it is inbuilt with the software and the cache for the software is managed by the database manager. There is a possibility that the amount of data in the cache is increased and your system can start freezing up or start working slow. The process of clearing the cache is tricky in Quickbooks enterprise and is not understood by most of the people. In this article, we are going to discuss how you can correct the cache amount in the Quickbooks software. We have explained different ways to correct cache amount in Quickbooks enterprise.
Methods to correct Cache Amount in Quickbooks Enterprise
Here are some of the methods that you can opt for if you want to correct cache amount in Quickbooks enterprise.
Use the .ini file
The very first method in the list is to use the .ini file to correct cache amount of the Quickbooks enterprise. Follow the methods mentioned.
- First, you are needed to start the system in which you have stored your .ini file.
- After that, you are needed to look for the intuit folder.
- Now, you will have to go to the DB server option and then select the right values for it.
- You are required to set initial cache as 0. It will not impact your computer system’s performance.
- Other than that, in the other field of the Max cache, you are needed to set the status according to the performance of the computer system.
- Lastly, you will have to save the changes and after that, you will have to turn off that file. Next, you will have to turn it on.
Change settings for server only install
You can change the settings for the server only install in two ways. both the ways are mentioned below in detail.
Change the settings by signing in to the Windows
- First, you are needed to use the Quickbooks in the multi-user mode.
- Now, you are needed to type HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\Quickbooksdb25\parameter.
- You then receive a message prompt.
- You are then needed to write down the number you will see with -ch and after -c.
- Now, finally, you will have to make sure that you are using the Quickbooks in the multi-user mode.
Change the settings from the registry
- First, you are needed to sign out of your Quickbooks account.
- After that, you are needed to click on the option to stop the database service and then stop the Quickbooksdb25 service.
- Once done, you will see that all the database services are stopped and you are not able to access the work that you have not saved.
- After this, you will have to change the settings from the settings.
- Now, you will be needed to make some of the changes in the services. You are needed to change the -c 126 and make it to -c256 and similarly you will have to change -ch256 and make it to -ch126.
- Now, you will have to go to the cmd on your systems and then type net start Quickbooks db25.
- Lastly, you will have to see if you are facing the same error again.
Clearing cache in Quickbooks online
You are needed to clear the cache from the Quickbooks online also to make sure that the Quickbooks online works properly. The process includes two steps to clear cache in Quickbooks online.
Clear the browser cache
First, you are needed to clear the cache of the browser. You are needed to go to the settings option in the browser and then click on the option to clear the browsing history and also make sure that you have chosen the option to clear the cache of the browser. Once you are done with clearing the cache, you will have to restart your system.
Clear the cookies for Intuit
You are needed to clear all the intuit specific cookies from your browser. follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you are needed to start the browser and then click on the menu option on the right side of the browser window.
- Now, you will have to click on the Settings option.
- After this, you are needed to click on the advance settings option and then click on the option of security.
- Next, you will have to go to the site cookies option.
- All the cookies of all sites can be seen there and you will have to search for the Intuit cookies. You can type Intuit in the search bar and then hit the enter button.
- Now, you will get a list of all the Intuit related cookies.
- You are needed to mark all of them and select the option to delete them.
- Once all the cookies are deleted, you will have to close your browser and start it again.
Correct cache amount can help you for the smooth working of the Quickbooks software. We hope that the steps we have mentioned will help you with the process of clearing the cache amount for Quickbooks enterprise. We hope that this article was helpful to you. You can also call our customer support team if you want an early solution to your issues. Our team will provide you with a precise solution.