Numerous businesses all across the world benefit from the expansion and success of QuickBooks software. Due to its simplicity of use and vast feature set, it is a top choice for small and medium-sized organizations. Every year, QBs make a new edition and incorporate enhanced features to keep it error-free. But, some problems, such as QuickBooks Error 6010, continue to appear on users’ displays. We will discuss the reasons, signs, and potential remedies for fixing QuickBooks error code 6010 in this article.
What is QuickBooks Error 6010?
QuickBooks error 6010 prevails when you can’t access the QBs file or it will deny you to connect to the network or when you are trying to install QBs again. It happens because of the wrong settings of the firewall or antivirus in your computer. It will flash an error message “Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Reinstall QuickBooks and then try again”.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 6010
Here are the causes that you might see when you encounter QuickBooks error -6010:
- Your QBs registry files are deleted because of registry optimizing applications.
- If your .ND files are not working with .QBW and .TLG files.
- Due to downloading a third-party app, it has deleted your registry files.
- Incorrect installation of QBs software.
- You can’t access the server because of a firewall/antivirus downloaded on your PC.
- There might be a huge collection of junk files stored on your computer.
Symptoms QuickBooks Error 6010
Few symptoms that indicate that you have encountered QuickBooks error code 6010:
- Your installation process gets crashed or hung.
- Not able to get command over the company file.
- An error message will display on your screen.
- The system gets frozen.
- Company files are functional only on the main system.
Troubleshooting Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error 6010
Now, you have understood the reason behind this error. So, let’s get into the methods to fix this issue without delay.
Method 1: Move to Single-User Mode
If you are using QBs in multi-user mode then switch it to single-user mode. To fix this issue you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to close QBs and then reboot your PC.
- Now, press CTRL to open the QBs application.
- Go to the File option and tap on Utilities.
- After that Choose ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ and a pop-up will appear, just press Yes.
- Lastly, open the QBs again.
Method 2: Stop QuickBooks Processes
To resolve QuickBooks error code 6010 you need to stop QBs by looking at the instructions below:
- Sign in using your Administrative credentials.
- Then, start the Task Manager and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc together.
- Choose Users and then tap on qbupdate.exe, QBDBM.exe, & QBW32.exe.
- Lastly, click on the End Task option for each.
Method 3: Reinstall the QBs Application
Sometimes the error occurs due to the wrong installation of software. So, you need to reinstall QBs. Just look at the steps given below:
- Tap on the Start option on your PC.
- Choose the Control Panel and hit on Uninstall a Program.
- Now, by clicking on QBs you can uninstall it.
- Then, you have to download the QBs Clean Install Tool.
- Tick on ‘I Accept’ and install the QBs Desktop.
- Once it gets installed, you can launch QuickBooks again.
Method 4: Fix ‘Company File’
If your company file is corrupted then you may face this error. To rectify it look at the procedure below:
- Open the folder where your company file is kept.
- Now, look for .qbw extension files.
- After opening it click on Copy option and paste it on QBs.
- You will see the No Company Open Window, where you have to click on ‘Open or Restore’ an old company.
- At last, open your company file and see if the error disappears.
Method 5: Change the Name of the .ND File
The Network Data file can be one of the reasons for the occurrence of this error. You need to change the name of the .ND file to fix this error. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- You need to look for the .ND extension file which has the same name that you have given to the company file.
- Now, change the name and just type Old at the last.
- Reboot your QBs software once again.
Method 6: Use ‘QBs Database Server Manager’
It helps you to share company files and allows you to use them on another system. To resolve QuickBooks error 6010 you need to look at the steps below:
- Firstly, open QBs Database Server Manager again and scan your company file.
- Hold Windows and choose ‘All Programs’.
- Then open QBs and tap on ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- Select the folder which you have named ‘Scan Folders’.
- Hit on Scan Now and find out the QBs Company Files.
- Now, open QBs & file once more and log in to the company file.
QuickBooks error 6010 will show up if you are unable to access the QBs file or if you are denied network access. Using our detailed instructions, you can instantly resolve QuickBooks error code 6010. However, we have also provided you with alternative options that you can utilize if the aforementioned actions are unsuccessful.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix a script error when accessing QuickBooks Desktop?
- Make Intuit a Trusted Website.
- Remove unwanted ‘Default Browser’s Cache Data’.
- Enter the URL in the ‘Error Message’ that restricts the website’s List in QBs.
Q2. How do I fix QuickBooks Desktop update errors?
Q3. How do I fix a connection error in QuickBooks?
- Check your Internet Connection.
- Verify if the Subscription is Active.
- Do Clean Install in Selective Startup Mode.