QuickBooks offers you a feature to print different documents, pdfs. But while in QuickBooks, there are chances that you will face errors related to the printing of documents. Keeping that in mind, QuickBooks has introduced the QuickBooks pdf and print repair tool. If you want to print documents with QuickBooks you will require various components such as MSXML and document writer. If there is any damage or technical error present with these required components, it will lead to an error in printing the documents.
This article comprises every detail that you should be familiar with before or at the time of using the QuickBooks pdf repair tool we have listed various steps in which you can resolve printing errors using the QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool.
Reasons Behind the Prevalence of QuickBooks PDF and Printing Error
Many causes lead to the QBs PDF & Printing errors. Some of the common ones are listed here.
- It occurs when the programming of the print isn’t properly configured.
- When connection issues take place between the framework and the printer.
- The print driver stops working.
- The print and PDF error appears when your PDF record is lost.
- If the PDF converter is not working properly, you might face this error.
- In case you are using an old version of QBS software.
Important Points to Consider
Before applying the resolving methods to fix the error, you must know some important pointers. Let’s walk through each one of them and understand each pointer.
- You might get stuck at some point where you can print the reports but can’t print the transactions. It is a serious issue but doesn’t worry we are here to help you out. Whenever you are facing this type of situation, you need to change the form’s template to fix the issue. Please note that damaged templates are not repairable. So, you have to change it completely.
- Before looking out any methods to fix the error, you should restart your computer system at least once.
- Check whether the printer is properly connected or not, if it isn’t then connect it properly by removing the connectors and plugging it again.
- Print anything with the help of another program to check whether the printer has any issue or QuickBooks software has some errors.
Required System Specifications for QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
The specifications listed below must be fulfilled if you wish to use the QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool.
- Your system must have at least 1GB RAM and hard disk space up to 512MB.
- We recommend you use a screen resolution of at least 1024*768.
- The processor of your system must not be slower than 266 MHZ.
- You can use windows of any version as the operating system.
- At last, you will need a good internet connection on your system.
Methods to Download the QuickBooks Print & PDF Repair Tool
To download and install the QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool, you can use two methods. We have explained both methods in detail. Choose the one with which you are comfortable. In case your QuickBooks is not updated, you will need to update QuickBooks to the latest version.
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
The first method in the list is to use the QuickBooks tool hub to download and install the QuickBooks pdf repair tool. Follow the process step by step as mentioned.
- Firstly, you will be needed to download the QuickBooks tool hub on your system. To do this, make sure that the QuickBooks desktop is closed on the system.
- Next, you will have to visit the official website of QuickBooks and then download the tool hub from there.
- After you have downloaded it to your system, you will have to install the tool hub.
- To install it, you will be required to follow all the instructions provided on the screen.
- Accept all the terms and conditions to finish the process.
- After this, start the QuickBooks tool hub.
- In the QuickBooks tool hub, you will see an option for program problems click on the same.
- After this, a new window will open up with a list of all the tools. Choose the pdf repair tool.
- Next, it will provide you with a set of instructions, follow as it is mentioned.
Download QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
Other than using the tool with the QuickBooks tool hub, you can also download it to your system from the official website and install it. Carry out the step-by-step process mentioned.
- You will have to visit the official website of QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool.
- Before installing the QuickBooks pdf repair tool, make sure that the QuickBooks software you are using is updated.
- After this, you will have to go to the downloads in your browser and make sure that your printer is connected properly to the system.
- After that, click on the .exe file that you have just downloaded.
- Now, you are needed to run the file as an administrator. Once done, it will start the process of scanning.
- It will open up a cmd window with a manage indicating that the process is running.
- Wait until the process is finished and then restart your system. Print a sample page.
Methods to Solve Print & PDF Problems in QuickBooks Desktop
Here are several ways to fix the Print and PDF Repair Error. Let’s apply each one of them until you find the best way for you.
Change the Name of the Printer File
The first step is to change the name of the printer file and then delete it. Stick to the process mentioned.
- First, you need to look for the printer files and then select them.
- After this, you will have to change the name of the QuickBooks print files by adding .old at the end of the name of the file.
- Next, open the QuickBooks software and then your company file.
- Once done, you will have to choose a file and the setup for the printer.
- After this choose a transaction of your choice and click on the OK option.
Start the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool using the QuickBooks tool hub
The steps related to this method have been mentioned in the above section of the article. You will be required to install the QuickBooks tool hub on your system and then from the program problem option, you will get an option to run the QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool.
Read more: How To Reinstall QuickBooks PDF Converter
Avoid Print Spooler
The next and last step is to avoid the print spooler and print the document directly. Stick to the process mentioned.
- Go to the control panel on your system and then go to the printers.
- You will see a list of all the printers linked to the system.
- You will have to choose the XPS document writer and then go to the properties of the printer.
- In the advance setting option, you will have to choose the direct print.
- Save the changes you have made.
If you are still facing QuickBooks printing problems, you can refer to our QuickBooks support team for assistance. We will be available to help you.
Are you frequently facing problems with Quickbooks printing and are irritated with these printing errors? If so, the above guide has helped you in every way possible. In the above guide, we have given you a full proof solution for the errors with the help of QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool. Well, this tool will definitely help you to resolve printing errors. You can check the download procedure and the methods to use the tool and get all your printing errors resolved in a go. If you are still left with any confusion, then you can connect us anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 Can the QuickBooks PDF repair tool fix corrupted PDF files?
Yes, the QuickBooks PDF repair tool can help you to repair several corrupted files, and it also can help you to repair all the printing errors you may be facing.
Q.2 Can the QuickBooks PDF repair tool recover deleted or lost PDF files?
Yes, you can restore all your deleted and the lost PDF files with the help of PDF repair tool. Well, this tool is mostly used for this purpose.
Q.3 What are the system requirements for using the QuickBooks PDF repair tool?
Well, the QuickBooks PDF repair tool asks not much from your computer, but it needs a high-end computer to work efficiently. It needs a free space of 1 GB and at least 215 MB of disk space. Also, you need a 1024*768 screen resolution. Most importantly, a stable internet connection to have smooth use of the tool.