QuickBooks Error 6210 occurs due to your system issues. You will face this error when you try to open the QuickBooks software on your system. It is recommended to make sure that your system is free of errors and glitches. This error usually occurs when you are using the QuickBooks software in the multi-user mode.
This article is all about 6210 in simpler methods. We have mentioned different methods and their respective steps that you need to follow to resolve the error code 6210.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6210
Here is a list of some of the reasons why your QuickBooks has encountered the QuickBooks error 6210.
- In case, the installation of the QuickBooks software is not completed properly, you can face their error.
- Make sure you download the software from the official website only. We do not recommend you download it from any other website because it might be corrupted.
- If your company files are damaged or corrupted there are chances that you will face error code 6210.
- The other reason can be that your system is infected by a virus.
- Even if your registry file of windows is damaged or corrupted, you are going to encounter this error.
- The other possible reason is that you have deleted only the window file or the QuickBooks file which is resulting in this error.
Read more:- How to fix QuickBooks multi-user mode not working?
Indications of QuickBooks Error 6210
If you are facing any of the below-mentioned symptoms on your system, there are chances that you are facing QuickBooks error code 6210.
- In case, your system crashes every time you open a particular program can be a symptom of QuickBooks error code 6210.
- You can try to troubleshoot your system if your system has started to freeze.
- If you have encountered a popup with a warning about the QuickBooks error 6210.
- If your system has started responding late to the keyboard or mouse inputs.
Things that you Need to Keep in Mind Before Troubleshooting
Make sure you follow the basic steps to troubleshooting your QuickBooks software before performing the complicated troubleshooting. For basic troubleshooting, follow the steps mentioned below:
- To start the troubleshooting, you will be needed to see if hosting is enabled or not.
- To check it, you can press the key F2 and a window will open.
- In that window, look for an option to view the information of the server.
- In the provided information, check if hosting is enabled. If enabled, turn it off.
- The next step that you have to do is that you will have to change the name of your “.ND” and “.Tlg” files.
- After this, you will have to start the database server manager.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6210
Following are the different methods that you must apply to get rid of the error 6210 QuickBooks.
Disable Multi-User Hosting
Following are the steps to disable the Multi-user hosting.
- Open the QuickBooks software and then go to the file option.
- In the file option, look for the utility option and click on that option.
- In the menu, you will see an option to stop hosting in multi-user mode click on the option.
Use Backup Key
If your software faces any error, and you want to resolve it quickly and simply, then you should use a backup key. Here is how:
- The first thing is to open the command prompt on your system.
- In the command prompt, you will have to enter Regedit and press the enter key.
- It will then open up a registry window.
- You will have to look for the QuickBooks error code 6210.
- Once found, save it in the list.
- Next, save the backup key to a folder of your choice.
- You will be required to name the downloaded file as the QuickBooks backup and add. Reg extension to it.
- Once done, save the changes you have made.
Clean the Disk
Cleaning the disk is a very effective way to troubleshoot the error in QuickBooks. Here we are going to mention the steps how to clean the disk in QuickBooks.
- For the disk cleanup, you will again have to open the command prompt.
- Type cleanmgr in the command prompt and press the enter button.
- Now, a window will open up on the screen. You will be provided to run the clean up in. Choose the relevant one for you.
- Next, you will have to select all the files that are covering a large space on the system and hit the ok button.
Disable the Antivirus
Sometimes, antivirus software can cause QuickBooks to stop working or not responding. Therefore, we recommend the QuickBooks software. You will be needed to disable them temporarily. For this, you will have to go to the Quarantine section of QuickBooks and delete the anti-virus files from there. Once it is done, you will have to re-run the QuickBooks software and check if the error persists.
Rename .ND & .TLG File
If you are facing QuickBooks Error 6210 then it means that the company file is not getting connected to the server. This error can be fixed by renaming the “.ND” and “.TLG” files. You need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Close QuickBooks software on all the systems.
- Now, open the folder where your QuickBooks company file is saved.
- Search for files with extensions .nd and .tlg and rename them. You can add old at the end of their current name.
- Open QuickBooks again and try to access your company file. If you are still facing the same error then move to the next solution.
Additional Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error 6210
Following are the additional ways to fix QuickBooks error 6120. You need to follow each one of the methods until you find the best suitable one.
Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a tool that helps you to protect your QuickBooks company file. It also helps in fixing errors like QuickBooks Error 6210. Follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, close QuickBooks software on all systems.
- Now, open QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the system where your company file is located.
- Select the company file and then click on the Scan Folder option.
- Once the scan is completed, click on Add Folder and then browse the folder where your company file is saved.
- Click on OK and then Close QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now, try to access your QuickBooks company file and check for the error.
Use of QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool that can be used to fix various errors in QuickBooks. It can also be used to fix QuickBooks Error 6210. Here are the steps to follow.
- Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor on your system.
- Now, open QuickBooks File Doctor and click on the Company File Issues tab.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- Select the company file and then click on Continue.
- Now, enter the Admin password and then click on Next.
- Wait for the process to get completed and then restart your system.
- Try to access your company file again and see if the error persists.
Update your QuickBooks Software to the Latest Version
QuickBooks releases regular updates to fix various bugs and errors. So, it is highly recommended that you update your QuickBooks software to the latest version. To do so, follow these steps.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Click on ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Choose the ‘Update Now’ option and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once the update is completed, restart your computer and try opening QuickBooks again to check if the error persists.
QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
QuickBooks Component Repair Tool is a third-party tool that can be used to fix various errors in QuickBooks including Error 6210. To use this tool, go through these steps:
- Download and install QuickBooks Component Repair Tool on your computer.
- Double-click on the icon to launch the tool.
- Click on the ‘Repair’ button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once the repair is completed, restart your computer and try opening QuickBooks again to check if the error persists.
Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
If the above methods don’t work, then you can try performing a clean install of QuickBooks. This will remove all the corrupt or damaged files and reinstall QuickBooks from scratch. For a clean installation, here are the steps:
- Uninstall QuickBooks from your computer.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks from the official website.
- Install QuickBooks and register it with your license key.
- Restore your company file from the backup.
- Try opening QuickBooks again to check if the error persists.
If you are still facing QuickBooks Error 6210, then you can contact QuickBooks Error Support For assistance. They will provide you with expert guidance to fix the error. You can also visit their website for more information on QuickBooks errors and troubleshooting steps
We hope that after performing all the methods that have been mentioned in the article you can now fix the QuickBooks error 6210 in no time. We hope that this guide about the QuickBooks error 6210 was useful to you. You can reach our support team if you want to talk to our technical experts about any of the questions related to QuickBooks.