Quickbooks Error 1016 is one of the most common errors the QuickBooks user can face while working with the banking feature of the software. This error generally occurs when you are trying to make a transaction or try to access the already made transactions. You can get this error even if you do not have an active bank account. In this article, we have mentioned everything that you should know about the Quickbooks error code 1016. We have mentioned all the relevant point that why this error occurs or how to solve the error 1016 when you encounter it on your system. Read all the steps mentioned in this article to tackle the Quickbooks error 1016 easily.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 1016 to Occur
Before going into the details about the Quickbooks error 1016, it is better to know why you encounter this error. We have mentioned some of the reasons that you are facing the error 1016. Read the list below.
- One of the major reason is that any changes that have been made in the bank details or bank accounts are not up to date in the software. Any issue in the network can be a reason for the occurrence of this error.
- If the account that you are using for the transaction is not active anymore.
- If there is an issue while connecting to the internet, it can lead to the error1016 in QuickBooks.
- In case, the file that you have downloaded is corrupt can cause this error.
Read more - How to Fix Troubleshooting issues with bank feed?
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 1016
We have mentioned different methods through which you can fix the QuickBooks error code 1016 easily and with no hassle. Follow the steps mentioned with every method to resolve Quickbooks error 1016 correctly.
Enable TLS Security Portal
The first method to fix the error code 1016 is to enable the security port to allow the transmission of the data. Follow the steps mentioned below to enable the port.
- First, you will have to go to the browser on your system. There you will find a gear icon. Click on that icon.
- It will open a prompt. In that prompt, you will have to go the advance tab and look for the internet settings.
- You will see a security tab there, you will have to go there.
- You will get a list of all the ports and you will have to select the TSL 1.2 port.
- Once done, save your settings and close the browser.
- Once done. reboot your system.
Create a New Company
The other method we recommend is that you can try to create a new company and then try to make transactions to see where the actual error is. Follow the steps mentioned below to create a new company.
- The first thing is to start the QuickBooks software.
- In your Quickbooks software go to the File tab.
- In the file tab, you will see an option to create a company. Click on that option.
- Once done, it will create a new company for you.
- Next, you will have to integrate your bank with the company to check if you can make a transaction. Make sure you connect the bank with which you are facing an error.
- Make a transaction and see if you can download the transaction or not.
- If you can do so, follow the other methods mentioned. And if you are unable to download, there is an issue with the server of your bank.
Read more - How to share company file remotely?
Set Up the Account Using the Account Feature
The next method that we recommend you with is that you can set up your account using the account set up feature in the Quickbooks desktop. Follow the steps mentioned below to use the feature.
- You will have to open your QuickBooks software and check for the account list.
- In the list, you will have to look for the accounts that are not active but are still used.
- The next step is to deactivate all the accounts that are not active.
- You will have to open feed option and then you will have to enter all the commands required. Every time you enter a command, make sure you hold the CTRL button on your system.
- The bank feed will now open the bank centre.
- After this, you will have to keep on clicking the Send option and finally enter the pin.
- Lastly, submit the details and save your settings.
Read more - How to reinstall QuickBooks PDF converter?
So these were all the troubleshooting methods that you can opt for to fix the Quickbooks error 1016. You can also consult our professionals if you get stuck or if you are facing the same error even after using the methods mentioned above.