QuickBooks is among the most used accounting software. It is used by companies ranging from mid-sized to small-sized. QuickBooks has become popular because of the perks that it provides to its users. Other than that QuickBooks has a user-friendly interface making it easier for a beginner to use it. Despite providing a wide range of features, a QuickBooks user can face errors. No software is free from bugs, neither is the case with QuickBooks. Though some errors are not destructive and can be resolved easily, some can need technical guidance.
In this article, we are going to talk about the QuickBooks PDF Converter how can you reinstall the QuickBooks pdf converter and how can you reinstall the QuickBooks pdf converter if it goes missing. Read the steps carefully to perform the process without facing errors and complexity.
Brief About QuickBooks PDF Converter
QuickBooks pdf converter feature is provided by QuickBooks itself and is a built-in feature. The pdf converter is used to transform the reports into a pdf format. The process is performed by the printer component of QuickBooks. It is common for a user to convert a file or a report to a pdf format because in the pdf format it is much easier to export and can be accessed by non-QuickBooks users. You can easily convert documents like balance sheets, invoices, expenses, and statements using the QuickBooks pdf convert. It should be noted that the QuickBooks converter can be used with QuickBooks only but the converted files can be opened using any third-party application.
Learn more:- Create proforma invoice in QuickBooks.
Advantages of the QuickBooks PDF Converter
There are various advantages of the QBs PDF Converter tool. Following are some of them, have a look.
- The PDF File can be easily accessible by any other pdf reader tool.
- Data is easily shareable with the help of the QB PDF tool.
- The tool can help you to convert different QBs reports like company invoices, balance sheets, reconciliation statements, etc.
- The most and the best benefit of this tool is that you can mail your invoices to your clients by converting them into PDF format using the converter tool.
How to Install the QuickBooks PDF Converter?
Following are the steps that will help you to install the QuickBooks PDF converter tool.
- Right-click on the QBs icon and then choose the properties option.
- Then, access the File location under the tab File Target.
- Install the tool. As the installation process starts, you have to wait until it’s done & hit OK.
- Once done, go for the start button.
- Now, type printers & scanners and press enter.
- Click on the option Printer & Scanners.
- Further, choose your printer and click on it.
- Single-click on the Printer properties.
- Rename the printer name, and then click on ok and then apply.
- Lastly, type the QuickBooks PDF converter and press enter.
Steps to Use QuickBooks PDF Converter
You have downloaded and installed the QBs PDF converter, now you must know the process of how to use this converter tool. Follow the below-mentioned steps to use it.
- Initially, open the QB software and search for the report or invoices to convert into PDF form.
- Click on the menu tab.
- Single-click on the option File and select the choice Save As PDF.
- Choose the path where you want to save the converted PDF.
- To end with, provide the name of the file and click on save.
The Process to Reinstall QuickBooks PDF Converter
Below is the stepwise process you need to follow if you want to reinstall the QuickBooks pdf converter.
- The very initial step is to go to your control panel and then go to the devices and printer option.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to add a printer.
- Next, you will have to select a local printer.
- One thing that you have to ensure is that it should detect and install automatically.
- After this, you will have to click on add new port option and proceed.
- You are needed to type PDF1 and then press ok.
- Once done, you will have to choose the have disk option.
- After this, you will have to redirect it to the Intuit QuickBooks folder.
- Next, you will have to look for a file with the .inf extension and open it.
- Next, you will have to select replace the existing driver option and proceed.
- Now, you will be needed to change the name of the driver according to the version of your QuickBooks.
- Next, you will have to click on the No option for the default printer.
- Next, when asked you will have to choose the option not to share the printer.
- Lastly, you will be asked to get a sample print page, you are required to deny it.
- Proceed and complete the process.
The Process to Delete the QuickBooks PDF Converter
The stepwise process to delete the QuickBooks pdf converter is discussed below. The process is to be followed by windows vista, windows 7, windows 8, and Windows 10 users.
- The very first step is to sign in to your system as an administrator.
- Next, you will have to hit the windows key and another search for printers.
- Now, you will see a list of the printer along with the QuickBooks pdf converter.
- You are needed to click on the same.
- Next, you are needed to click on the delete and then, when asked, click on yes to confirm.
Read more: Versions of QuickBooks compatible with windows 10
Troubleshooting Methods of QuickBooks PDF Converter Issues
Sometimes, the tool is not working properly and you get issues with the conversion of the PDF. Follow the below-mentioned methods to resolve the error related to the QuickBooks PDF Converter tool.
Steps to Test, Reinstall and Adjust the Permissions
Sometimes, the QBs PDF converter tool may not work properly due to the XPS document writer. As a result, you are unable to use the tool to convert the report to PDF form. So, you need to know the methods to fix this issue. Follow the below steps as mentioned.
- First of all, you are needed to check the document writer and Print outside the QBs.
- Confirm whether the XP services are enabled or not.
- If you find any error, reinstall the MS XPS document writer & adjust the permissions for windows users.
- After that, edit the settings of the security software & repair the MSXML 6.0.
Another method for window users
- One thing that you need to check is if your XPS document is correctly working or having any interruptions.
- If you encounter any errors while using the XPS document, you are needed to install it again on your system.
- Next, the possible reason is the incorrect settings of your anti-virus that are blocking the system. Therefore, you are needed to go to your anti-virus software and then change the settings accordingly.
Antivirus blocks the function of the QBs PDF converter to stop the virus attacks. If you are getting an issue with the converter tool, you need to change the settings of the converter tool. If you still can’t use the tool properly and are facing an error, you must uninstall the antivirus software.
Use the PDF Repair Tool
The next recommended solution is to download and install the QuickBooks pdf repair tool on your system and then use it to fix the issue. You can download the pdf repair tool from the Intuit website which can be installed easily.
We have mentioned all the information related to the QuickBooks PDF converter. Hopefully, you got all your answers. We have also provided you with detailed information related to installing processes to the process of use. In case you can’t convert the report to the QBs PDF, you must take support from the technical support team.