Among various features that QuickBooks provides, a proforma invoice is one of the crucial accounting features that QuickBooks provides. QuickBooks proforma invoice can be used for many purposes like shipping purposes, sending to your customers, and also keeping a track of the accounts. QuickBooks proforma invoice is a document that can be used as proof of sales and purchases. The proforma invoice contains the details of the product and the payment procedure in which payment will be made or is already made. You can also call it a preliminary bill which means that it is not real but can be treated as one.
In this article, we have mentioned the different categories of proforma invoices and the procedure to create a proforma invoice. We have mentioned the process in detail to make it easier for you to understand. Read the full blog to know everything about QuickBooks proforma invoice.
Different Categories of proforma invoice
QuickBooks provides you with different types of proforma invoices. We have mentioned some of them to you:
The first one is the proforma invoice for customers. This proforma invoice works as written confirmation from the seller end to the customer end that they are going to deliver the product. It contains the full description of the payment that helps both sides to track the payment.
The next is the shipping proforma invoice. This proforma invoice is a type of business invoice. One thing that you need to keep in mind is that these proformas don’t contain any information about the taxes and VATs. But both sides can use it to determine the actual cost of the services and the products.
Points to remember
There are three important points that you need to remember while you are creating a proforma invoice:
- The very first thing is that it should be treated as a substitute for the invoice. You can not consider it as an original invoice and the customer is not meant to make any payments based on it.
- Proforma invoices are kept as only accounts receivable. It simply means you can create it to keep track of the payments that you are going to receive.
- The last thing that you need to remember is that QuickBooks payroll and proforma invoice are not the same. Therefore, being a seller, you are not needed to make any payment to the client.
Know more:- How To Create An Invoice In QuickBooks
Steps to create the proforma invoice in QuickBooks
Below we have mentioned the whole step-by-step process that you need to follow if you wish to create a proforma invoice in QuickBooks.
- On the right side of the screen, you will be able to see the gear icon. You will have to click on it.
- It will open up a window where you will be needed to look for a custom form style and then select the new option.
- You will now have to click on the new style drop-down menu and then you will have to choose the estimate option. Now, you will have to click on the content tab option.
- next, you will have to click on the edit option and then select the make default option.
- Now, you will be provided with the option to change the name of the estimate. If you wish, you can change it or leave it otherwise.
- Now, you will have to save the changes and then exit the window.
Steps to create multiple invoices
In case you want to create multiple invoices in QuickBooks, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to click on the create option and then select the multiple invoice option.
- After this, you will have to click on the plus icon.
- Now, you can create multiple invoices.
- you will have to click on the information column to enter any information that you want.
- You can also create the invoice if you wish. You are required to go to the menu and then select the option to delete the invoice.
Steps for adding a logo in a proforma invoice
- You are first needed to go to the invoice section and then click on the option to edit the invoice.
- After this, you will have to click on the edit information option.
- Last, you will have to upload the image and then save it.
- You are needed to click on the Settings option and then select the work info option.
- Next, you will have to click on the edit option and then in the logo option, you will have to select the image and upload it.
- save the settings.
Know more:- How to Create Back Up File In QuicBooks Desktop
Fix payments in case assisted with the wrong invoice
Below we have mentioned the steps that you need to follow if you have to edit the payment that you have applied to an invoice:
- Initially, you will have to click on the create option and then go to others and choose the journal entry option.
- After this, You are required to fill up some of the information like the amount to be received, the amount to be paid, and the details for the customer.
- You will again have to fill up the same information excluding the name of the customer and then save it.
We hope that now the concept of QuickBooks proforma invoice is clear to you. We believe that the process we have mentioned above will help you to create the QuickBooks proforma invoice. In case you still face any issues while creating or setting up the proforma invoice in QuickBooks, you can reach us for manual help.