QuickBooks enables its users to create an invoice of the items that you are selling and purchasing. Creating an invoice can help the user to keep legal track of their investments and can be considered as a legal document to be shared between the buyer and the seller. An invoice is kind of a bill that you create when you sell a product. In QuickBooks, it is easy to create an invoice and can be completed in just simple steps. In this article, we have mentioned the stepwise process to create an invoice in QuickBooks. Even if you have not ever created an invoice in QuickBooks, you can easily learn to create it. Read the article and the steps mentioned carefully to create an invoice in Quickbooks.
Advantages of invoice in QuickBooks
- The major advantage is that it can be considered as a legal document to keep track of the sales and items.
- You can easily track your payments and discounts by creating an invoice in QuickBooks.
- The next advantage is that it is a written document between the buyer and the seller.
- Other than that, if you maintain the records it guarantees that you are getting and paying the exact amount.
- Creating an invoice can help you to keep track of the sales and the products that you are selling.
The stepwise process to create an invoice in QuickBooks
- First, you will have to click on the option to create an invoice.
- Next, you need to add the customer job using the drop-down menu. Look for the customer job. If you do not find the role that you are looking for, you can add a new job.
- Now, you will be required to fill up the necessary information regarding the invoice.
- Next, you will have to select the items.
- In case, you want to add a discount to any of the items, you are needed to follow the below-mentioned steps otherwise you can click on ok.
- First, you will have to go on the list of item.
- Next, you will have to click anywhere on the home page.
- Next, you will have to select the new option and then you will be required to select the drop-down menu and select discount there.
- Now, you will have to fill up the required information about the product along with the percentage of the discount you are going to offer.
- Next, choose the account that will track the discount amounts and select the tax code.
- Lastly, review the information and click on the Ok button.
You May Also Read: How To Create Proforma Invoice In QuickBooks
The process to create an order for the sales order
To create an invoice for the sales order, you can opt for one out of the two methods. One of the methods is by using the sales order window and the other is using the invoice window. Steps for both have been mentioned.
Using sales order window
- You will have to go to the sales window and then click on the option to create an invoice.
- Next, you will have to select the item from the sales window for which you want to create an invoice.
- Now, you will be needed to select the create invoice option.
- Once done, you will have to modify the invoice if you want.
- Next, review the changes and save it.
Using invoice window
- You will have to click on the option to create an invoice from the homepage of the QuickBooks software.
- After this, you will have to add the customer job.
- Next, you will be able to find the sales order option and you will have to select the sales orders for the items that you want to create an invoice.
- After this, if you feel like modifying it, you can.
- Once done, save the changes you have made and click on the create option.
It is all about how you can create an invoice in QuickBooks. It is a simple step to create an invoice and we have mentioned a detailed procedure for the same. If you get stuck at a particular step, then you can call our customer care to help you with it.