Many firms are facing difficulty in managing their accounting and bookkeeping needs but QuickBooks has made easy management possible. It can be challenging to find software with such advanced features at an affordable price. To provide you with the best outcomes, it uses every system’s component to the fullest. You may have noticed that your QBs frequently work slowly and take a long time to finish tasks that you can do quickly. Technical difficulties can be to blame. In that scenario, it is advised that you Open QuickBooks in Safe Mode.
Well, today we are going to discuss why you should start QuickBooks in safe mode or how to open QuickBooks in safe mode. In order to complete the task on time without any delay. Let’s start.
What is Safe Mode in QuickBooks?
Safe mode is basically a problem-solving mode that starts up with the system. Troubleshooting errors that typically show up in the software’s window can be eliminated with safe mode. In general, safe mode stops the installation of undesirable drivers and apps.
Therefore, it’s necessary to start QuickBooks in safe mode. You will have a better understanding of the system once you have read about the significance of opening a QuickBooks file in safe mode.
Read More - How to Fix QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem?
Need to Open QuickBooks in Safe Mode
Here are some points that make you to open QuickBooks files in safe mode:
- If you use QBs in safe mode then QuickBooks unrecoverable error will not appear.
- Opening QBs in safe mode makes it possible to run the application in drivers.
- It will create limitations of variables that are running in your PC.
- There is no need for any unique feature to download it.
- You can easily fix and track hardware.
- Less drivers will be needed to load Windows in safe mode.
- It restricts the use of drivers that are irrelevant. It will help in fixing any kind of issue that you face while opening the software.
How to Open QuickBooks in Safe Mode?
There are two procedures for opening QuickBooks in safe mode. We will look at them one by one so that you can finish your tasks smoothly.
Procedure 1: ‘Open QuickBooks in Safe Mode using Manual Way’
This strategy works on every version of Windows. Just follow the steps given below:
- Start your PC and hold F8 on your Keyboard and it will show the Advance option.
- Now, go to the Networking Tab and choose Safe Mode.
- It will move you to open safe mode on your PC.
- After that, sign in to QBs and open your QBs company file.
- Tap on Start and look for the QBs icon.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard to open QBs in the task manager if, for some reason, you are unable to see it start up on your Windows computer.
- Then, start your QBs again and you can sign in to the company file.
- Lastly, it allows you to run any program in safe mode.
Read More - How to Record a Loan in QuickBooks?
Procedure 2: Opening QBs in Safe Mode On “Windows 10”
If you are using Windows 10 then here are the instructions that you should follow to start QuickBooks in safe mode:
- Type up Msconfig in the Run window & hit Enter.
- Click on Starting Choice within the General menu.
- Tap on Hide all Microsoft Services under the Services page.
- Turn off all the menus and select Cover all the Microsoft providers.
- Reboot your PC setup and download QBs.
- Now, run the ‘Command form’ again and type Msconfig.
- Choose Normal Startup from the General option.
- At last, hit Ok to accept the instructions displayed on the screen.
So, this post explains how to open QuickBooks in safe mode. We hope this blog will be useful for you. If there is a problem running QuickBooks on your PC, use safe mode by following the steps provided. Even yet, if you run into any difficulties setting up safe mode for QuickBooks on your computer, you can contact our professionals for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I open QuickBooks without opening a company file?
- Open QBs Desktop.
- Then in No Company Open, choose your company file.
- Press ALT and click on Open.
Q2. How do I get QuickBooks to unfreeze?
- Tap on the Windows Start option and enter File Explorer.
- Then look for the QuickBooks.exe file and press CTRL.
- Hold it till it opens QuickBooks.
Q3. What to do if QuickBooks is not responding?