QuickBooks is a known software operated by almost every small and medium-sized firm to keep track of their accounts. QuickBooks has got some glitches that you can face and get stuck with if you don’t know how to fix it. In this article, we have discussed one such error that you can face while operating a file in QuickBooks. We have discussed the QuickBooks 6144 82 error that you can face when you are trying to access a company file. When you encounter this QuickBooks error 6144 82, there are chances that it blocks you from performing any work on the main system as well as the other systems. We have mentioned a detailed procedure to quickly fix the QuickBooks error 6144 82.
Points to remember before proceeding to fix QuickBooks error 6144 82
Below we have mentioned a list of all the points that you need to keep in mind if you are going to start the process to fix the error code 6144 82 in your system.
- The very first thing is that you need to make sure that all the steps that have been mentioned are performed on the host computer excluding the last step.
- Next, You needed to make sure that you have shut down the host system and the other systems properly.
- Most importantly you will be needed to close the anti-virus software from your system.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error 6144 82
Below we have mentioned the steps to resolve the QuickBooks error 6144 82 and we recommend you to follow the steps in the same order as they are mentioned to fix the error without facing any complexities.
Run QuickBooks service option
- First, you will have to go to the start option and then select the services option.
- There, you will have to find a QBCFMonitoring service option.
- Next, you are needed to make sure that you are operating the services in automatic mode.
- If it is not started in the automatic mode, change it to the automatic mode and save. Now move to the next step.
Change the type of account
- Now, you will have to go to the control panel on your system.
- Go to the user account options and click on it.
- Now, you will have to click on the QBDserviceuser and then change the account type to the administrator type.
Make a new folder
The next step is to create a new folder in the C drive. You will have to create a folder and name it according to the QuickBooks desktop. Once you have created a folder, you are needed to change the read and write options for the same.
- add system.
- add user.
Move the files to the new folder
The next step is to copy the files from the old QuickBooks folder to the new folder that you have created. You are needed to go to the C drive then to the users’ section. After this, you will have to go to the intuit folder and then to the QuickBooks folder. Copy all the files from the system from the QuickBooks folder to the new folder.
Configure the firewall
The next step is to set up the inbound and outbound rules for the firewall. Follow the steps mentioned.
- First, you will have to go to the firewall option on your system.
- next, you will have to go to the advanced settings option and then choose the inbound rules.
- After this, you will have to click on the new rules option and then on the port option.
- You are required to change the port number according to the version of the software you are using.
Start the database manager
The next step is to run the QuicBooks database server manager. Follow the steps mentioned.
- The very first step is to go to the program list on your system and then select the QuickBooks option.
- After this, you will have to select the QuickBooks database server manager and then click on the option to add a folder.
- Next, you will have to go to the C drive and then add the QuickBooks folder there.
- Now, you will have to start the scanning process and wait until the end.
The last step is to restore the files on your system. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The very first step is to open QuickBooks in a multi-user mode.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to restore the file.
- Next, you will have to open the company file and use it in multi-user mode. Sometimes you may also face QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error.
- After this, You have to check if you have enabled the multi-user mode or not. For this, you will have to go to the file option and then to the utility option.
- Lastly, you will have to go to the multi-user mode option.
These were the steps that you need to follow to eliminate the QuickBooks error 6144 82. QuickBooks error needs to be fixed immediately because it can disrupt the smooth working of the QuickBooks software and your workflow can be affected. We hope that the article was informative for you and by following all the steps you will be able to eliminate the QuickBooks error 6144 82. We have attempted to provide you with a detailed procedure. You may also call our professionals to help you with the issue. Our team will provide you with an instant solution to your problem.