QuickBooks Error 323 is one of the trivial banking errors that a user can face due to some of the issues with the accounts associated with the QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Error 323 occurs when a user has entered the same account twice or used the wrong credentials to use the account. In case the details of the login that you are entering are declined by the bank, you will face the QuickBooks error 323. This can stop you from further processing any transaction and can lead to a delay in the payment. Therefore, it is mandatory to fix it as soon as possible. In this article, we have discussed the different ways in which you can fix the QuickBooks error code 323.
Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 323
With the list below, you will get to know about all the reasons that work behind to make the error appears:
- The bank is declining the sign-in credentials.
- Use another account with the same number and account name.
- Mistakenly adds the same account twice
- Having the same last four digits of the account number.
- The bank is not recognizing the sign-in credentials.
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 323
Here is a list of all the methods that you can use to fix the QuickBooks error code 323. Read the steps mentioned in every method carefully to resolve the error in a less complicated and less erroneous way.
Remove Any Repeated Account
The very first method is to check if you have used the same account again and if found, you will have to delete it. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Before going further in the process, it is needed to check what will be the impact of deleting any of the accounts. Once checked, proceed further.
- Now, you will see a gear icon on the screen and you will have to click on it.
- Once done, you will now have to choose the chart of account option
- It will provide you with all the accounts active on your software.
- Choose the account from the list that you wish to remove.
- Now, you will have to click on the option to delete it and when asked, confirm for the same.
Also Read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 108?
Access Your Bank Statements
The next solution to resolve the QuickBooks error code 323 is to download your bank statement form the QuickBooks software. Pursue the steps mentioned below:
- First, you will again have to go to the chart of account option and then click on it.
- After this, you will have to choose the account that you are facing an issue with or that you are using to access the online banking feature.
- After this, you will get an option to download the bank statements, click on it.
- Next, it will redirect you to the online banking site and you will then have to choose the add option.
- Finally, you will have to click on the option to download the statement.
Import and Export the Chart of Accounts
The next solution is to import and export the charts of accounts that are currently in use. Follow the steps to import and export.
- The very first step is to export the chart of accounts. To do this, you will have to go to the File menu and then to the utility option.
- There you will see an option to export and then you will have to click on it.
- Once done, you will have to click on the IIf files option and then choose for the chart of accounts option.
- After this, you will be required to save the downloaded file on the desktop of your system.
- The next step is to import the chart of accounts. To do this, you will have to go to the File menu and then to the utility option.
- Next, go to the import option and select for IIf files.
- There you will have to redirect it to the file that you have saved on the desktop and click on the import option.
Get the List of Transactions
To download the list of all the transactions, you will have to follow the steps discussed below.
- The very initial step is to go to the settings of the QuickBooks and then look for an option to set up the transaction for download.
- Now, you will have to choose an option to add your bank account by clicking the option that your bank is not listed.
- Once done, You will have to go to the option to show the list and then enter the credentials that they ask for and then click on the continue option.
- After this, you will get a list of all the accounts with their respective details.
- Last, you will have to sort the list according to the account they are associated with.
Change the Name of Your Account
The final recommended solution is to visit your bank website and then change the name of your bank account. Follow the steps:
- First, you will have to choose the banking option.
- After that, You will have to choose the account of which you are going to change the name.
- You will then have to go to the edit option and then on the option to edit the information.
- Once done, you will have to look for the option of disconnect and then click on it.
- After this, you have to save the settings that you have made.
- Lastly, you will be needed to follow all the steps that we have mentioned in the first solution of the article regarding the deletion of the account.
We have mentioned all the processes in detail so that it will be easier for you to fix the error code 323 in no time. In case if you still struggle while solving the QuickBooks error 323, you can contact us and our technical team and they will guide you with the same.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – What is QuickBooks error 323?
Answer – QuickBooks Error 323 is the banking issue that appears when you’ve added two accounts with the same name in QBO. It arises when your sig-in credential is incorrect.
Q.2 – How do I Run a QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on QuickBooks?
Answer – Here are the steps to run a QB install Diagnostic Tool.
- Open QB Tool Hub.
- Select the Installation Issues tab.
- Click on the QB install Diagnostic tool.
- It starts the scanning procedure and fix the error if found.