QuickBooks has proven is to be one of the efficient software to manage the accounts and financial statistics of a company. Over 80 percent of companies in the market use QuickBooks software. As per the demand of the software is growing as well. QuickBooks remote access is one of the most reliable and demanding features of QuickBooks. Many QuickBooks users are still unaware of how to access QuickBooks remotely. In this article, we going to talk about the same. We have mentioned different ways in which you can access QuickBooks remotely and in a much more secure way. We have also mentioned a way to use the QuickBooks remote access tool.
Perks of using QuickBooks remote access tool
Here is a list of all the perks of using the QuickBooks remote access tool. Read the points mentioned below:
- With the QuickBooks remote access tool, you can transfer your desired files and folders to different devices.
- The second benefit is that it saves both time and money that you would spend on the transfer.
- You can also copy the data from one system and paste it to the other system connected to you in the remote network.
- You are even allowed to perform a print command to a printer connected to any system in the network.
- If you are using the remote access tool, it will allow you to work on the same company file at the same time.
Costing of the QuickBooks Remote Access Tool
Though there used to be a free trial for QuickBooks software it has been stopped by intuit since January 1, 2014. Now, if you want to use the QuickBooks remote access tool, you will be required to pay for it. The cost of the QuickBooks remote access tool is as follows.
- If you want to gain full access to the desktop, you will be required to pay 7.75$ per month.
- If you want to gain access to QuickBooks only, you will be required to pay 8.95$ per month.
Read more - How to transfer QuickBooks to new computer?
Steps to setup QuickBooks access tool
Follow the steps mentioned below if you want to set up the QuickBooks access tool on your system.
- The first step is to visit the intuit website and register on the same.
- Once done, you will have to enter your credentials and sign in to your QuickBooks account. Make sure, you have started your web browser simultaneously.
- Now, the next step is to download the QuickBooks remote access tool file for installation.
- Next, enter the information that they ask you to.
- Make sure, you select an option to start the remote access automatically whenever you use the QuickBooks remote access tool.
- Now, you will be required to choose the applications that you want to access using the QuickBooks remote access tool.
- The last step is the setup is to authenticate your account, you can choose any of the mentioned ways to authenticate lastly, select the finish tab and end the setup process.
Steps to use the QuickBooks remote access tool
Now that you have set up the QuickBooks remote access tool on your system, the next step is using it. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step is to open the web browser on your system and go to the remote access website.
- Now, you will have to enter your credentials and sign in to your accounts.
- The next step is to authenticate. You will receive a code based on the method of authentication that you opted for while setting up the QuickBooks remote access tool.
- At last, you will be required to end the QuickBooks remote session after you are done with your work.
Read more - How to convert QuickBooks online to Desktop?
Other remote access options
There are two more options that we recommend you use to access QuickBooks remotely. You can either use the online version of QuickBooks or you can host your desktop version on the cloud.
- QuickBooks online version is preferred by most of the QuickBooks users due to the reliability and time-saving features. You can use the online version to remote access QuickBooks. We recommend you to use this version for remote access if you use the remote access more frequently.
- The other option that we recommend you is to host the QuickBooks desktop version on the cloud itself. This is also recommended only if you have to use it frequently. The other reason why we recommend you is you do not need to worry about the maintenance of the software. It is all handled by the hosting providers.
Assuming that all this article was informative for you and provided you with a better understanding of the QuickBooks remote access tool. If you have any inquiries related to this, reach our customer support and get the resolution to your query in a bit.