QuickBooks enterprise is one of the versions of the QuickBooks available. It is used to manage a business and it comes with a variety of tools to provide ease in managing your business. Many users still don’t know how to set up and install the enterprise version on the systems. This article is all about how you can set up and install QuickBooks Enterprise on your systems. Read the article to know the step-by-step procedure to install QuickBooks enterprise.
What is QuickBooks Enterprise Installation?
QuickBooks enterprise installation allows people to access one QuickBooks account from different locations of the world. In this system, a central database manager is installed in the main office, and other offices of the same enterprise or company are connected to the same network so that the central database of the company’s account can be accessed from different locations or offices.
Things you Need to do Before Installing QuickBooks Enterprise
Before carrying out the troubleshooting methods, you must keep these things in mind.
- You should check the system requirements for operating the QBs enterprise.
- Financial expertise is necessary.
- You need administrator access to set up the file sharing accurately.
- Take a backup of your financial data.
- You must check the network bandwidth.
- Test the speed of your network connection.
Steps to Install QuickBooks Enterprise
Check your network
The first step is to check the network of the system and the software. You will need to do the following things that have been mentioned below:
- The first thing that you need to do is create a backup of your accounting system.
- After this, you will be required to check the bandwidth of your network.
- The next thing that you have to do is to check the compatibility and requirements of your system.
- Make sure you have the correct antivirus settings so that you can install a program on your system.
- To set up your network, you will need to set up your server option, peer option, and remote service option.
- These options are to be edited according to the QuickBooks software.
Download and Install QuickBooks Enterprise
- The first step is to download the enterprise version from the official website.
- Once downloading is completed, click on the file to start the installation.
- Make sure you have stopped all the processes that are running in the background.
- After this, you will have to proceed according to the instructions provided to you on your screen.
- Wait till the installation process is completed.
- Once it is done, restart your system.
Set up Multi-User Mode
- If you want to use the enterprise version in multi-user mode, you will have to download this version on every system that you are going to use it on.
- Next, you will have to grant permission to the other systems to access the company files.
- In your QuickBooks software, you will have to switch to the multi-user mode.
- For this, you will have to go to the file option.
- There you will find a utility option. In that option, you can get an option to switch to the Multi-user mode.
- Click on that option.
- You are needed to follow the same steps if you want to switch to the single-user mode.
Set up the QuickBooks Enterprise Version
- The first thing that you have to do is create a company account in the QuickBooks software.
- You will be required to register with your credentials.
- Follow the steps that you will be instructed on the screen of your system.
- Enter the information required to create a company account.
- The next thing that you have to do is that you have to add a company file to your software.
- You will see an icon to create a company file at the bottom of the window.
- Once you have created it, the next thing that you have to do is to scan the files that you have created.
Read more - How to resolve Quickbooks multi user mode not working?
Add New Users
- To assign roles to the existing users, you will need to go to the user option in your QuickBooks software.
- You will get the user option in the company tab.
- When found, in the user option you will see an option to assign roles to the users.
- Click on that option.
- You will be given a list of all the roles that you can assign to the users.
- If you want to add a new role, you can do it by using the add option.
- Type the name of the role that you are adding.
- Once done with this, the next thing is to grant permission to the users to access the files.
- Once you are done with setting up the roles, you can close the tab.
- In case, you want to add a new user to your system, you will have to go to the user option.
- Look for an option to add a user.
- Enter the required details of the user.
- After that, you will have to type your password and confirm the same.
- Once a user is added, you will be needed to assign them their role.
QuickBooks enterprise differs from the QuickBooks desktop and so as the installation process. In this article, we have mentioned an elaborated process of installing QuickBooks enterprise and using it. If you want to ask anything about the QuickBooks enterprise or anything about the QuickBooks software, contact our QuickBooks support team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – How to install QuickBooks enterprise on a workstation?
QuickBooks enterprise is versatile accounting software that can be used on a workstation.
- The first thing you need to do is make sure that your workstation meets the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks enterprise.
- Once you have checked that, you need to download the QuickBooks enterprise installer file from the official website.
- Once the file has been downloaded, you need to double-click on it and follow the prompts to install QuickBooks enterprise on your workstation.
- After the installation is complete, you will be able to launch QuickBooks enterprise and start using it for your accounting needs.
Q.2 – What does QuickBooks Enterprise do?
QuickBooks Enterprise is accounting software that helps businesses manage their finances. The software is designed to be user-friendly, and it offers a variety of features to help businesses keep track of their income and expenses.
QuickBooks Enterprise can also generate reports, which can be used to track progress and make business decisions. In addition, the software is backed by customer support, so businesses can get help when they need it. Overall, QuickBooks Enterprise is a powerful tool that can help businesses manage their finances and make better decisions.
Q.3 – How to install QuickBooks Enterprise on the server?
- First, download the QuickBooks Enterprise installation files from the Intuit website.
- Next, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once QuickBooks Enterprise is installed on the server, you will need to set up user accounts and permissions to control access to the software.
- After that, you’re ready to start using QuickBooks Enterprise to manage your business finances!
Q.4 – What should I do if I’m having trouble installing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
If you’re having trouble installing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
- First, make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements for the software. If your system does not meet the minimum requirements, you will not be able to install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- Second, check to see if there are any updates available for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. You can do this by going to the Help menu and selecting Check for Updates. If there are any updates available, install them and then try to install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise again.
- Finally, if you’re still having trouble, you can contact QuickBooks technical support for assistance.
Q.5 – How to download templates in QuickBooks enterprise?
- Go to the tab Lists and choose the option Templates.
- Choose the desired template and tap on the Templated option at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on Download templates and you are all done with downloading templates in QuickBooks Enterprise.