QuickBooks enterprise is one of the versions of the QuickBooks available. It is used to manage a business and it comes with a variety of tools to provide ease in managing your business. Many users still don’t know how to set up and install the enterprise version on the systems. This article is all about how you can set up and install QuickBooks Enterprise on your systems. Read the article to know the step-by-step procedure to install QuickBooks enterprise.
Steps to Install QuickBooks Enterprise
Check your network
The first step is to check the network of the system and the software. You will need to do the following things that have been mentioned below.
- The first thing that you need to do is create a backup of your accounting system.
- After this, you will be required to check the bandwidth of your network.
- The next thing that you have to do is to check the compatibility and requirements of your system.
- Make sure you have the correct antivirus settings so that you can install a program on your system.
- To set up your network, you will need to set up your server option, peer option, and remote service option.
- These options are to be edited according to the QuickBooks software.
Download and Install the QuickBooks Enterprise
- The first step is to download the enterprise version from the official website.
- Once downloading is completed, click on the file to start the installation.
- Make sure you have stopped all the processes that are running in the background.
- After this, you will have to proceed according to the instructions provided to you on your screen.
- Wait till the installation process is completed.
- Once it is done, restart your system.
Set up multi-user mode
- If you want to use the enterprise version in multi-user mode, you will have to download this version on every system that you are going to use it on.
- Next, you will have to grant permission to the other systems to access the company files. In case you want to share company files remotely, read the article.
- In your QuickBooks software, you will have to switch to the multi-user mode.
- For this, you will have to go to the file option.
- There you will find a utility option. In that option, you can get an option to switch to the Multi-user mode.
- Click on that option.
- You are needed to follow the same steps if you want to switch to the single-user mode.
Set up the QuickBooks enterprise version according to your business
- The first thing that you have to do is create a company account in the QuickBooks software.
- You will be required to register with your credentials.
- Follow the steps that you will be instructed on the screen of your system.
- Enter the information required to create a company account.
- The next thing that you have to do is that you have to add a company file to your software.
- You will see an icon to create a company file at the bottom of the window.
- Once you have created it, the next thing that you have to do is to scan the files that you have created.
Add new users
- To assign roles to the existing users, you will need to go to the user option in your QuickBooks software.
- You will get the user option in the company tab.
- When found, in the user option you will see an option to assign roles to the users.
- Click on that option.
- You will be given a list of all the roles that you can assign to the users.
- If you want to add a new role, you can do it by using the add option.
- Type the name of the role that you are adding.
- Once done with this, the next thing is to grant permission to the users to access the files.
- Once you are done with setting up the roles, you can close the tab.
- In case, you want to add a new user to your system, you will have to go to the user option.
- Look for an option to add a user.
- Enter the required details of the user.
- After that, you will have to type your password and confirm the same.
- Once a user is added, you will be needed to assign them their role.
QuickBooks enterprise differs from the QuickBooks desktop and so as the installation process. In this article, we have mentioned an elaborated process of installing the QuickBooks enterprise and using it. If you want to ask anything about the QuickBooks enterprise or anything about the QuickBooks software, contact our QuickBooks support team.