QuickBooks application has become immensely popular in recent times. It allows you to keep track of the payments that you make and the salaries that you pay to your employees. QuickBooks allows you to keep track of the payroll. You can also keep track of the salaries that you pay to your employees. QuickBooks allows you to print the W2 forms to keep track of the salaries that you pay to your employees. An employee can also use the W2 form for filling up the tax because the w2 form consists of all the details related to the tax deductions from the salary. In this article, we are going to talk about how you can reprint w2 forms in QuickBooks. We have mentioned the whole process in detail with the sub-steps within each step. Read the full article to know how to reprint w2 forms in QuickBooks.
Prior printing requirements for desktop
Before going ahead with the process to reprint W-2 forms in QuickBooks, it is necessary to discuss all the printing requirements that you need to reprint w-2 forms.
- The very first thing is to make sure you are using a compatible version of the QuickBooks payroll.
- Other than that, you are needed to make sure that the QuickBooks software you are using is the latest.
- There should be no inactive payroll service. All should be active.
- You are needed to get a w-2 paper that is compatible with the payroll service.
- Make sure you use a pre-printed form for laser and inkjet printer or you can use the blank paper.
- Ensure that you are operating the latest version of the tax table.
The process to reprint the w2 forms in QuickBooks
The stepwise process to reprint the w-2 form in QuickBooks has been mentioned below. All the steps are mentioned below in detail:-
Look for the w2 forms
The very first step is to look for the W2 forms on the QuickBooks desktop.
- Initially, you will have to click on the employee tab and then click on the payroll form. After this, you will have to click on the W2 forms. Next, you will have to process the payroll.
- After this, you will have to click on the annual form w2. After that, you will have to click on the create form option.
- Next, you will have to click on the all employees option if you want to create the form for all the employees.
- Next, you will have to enter the year for which you are going to print the form. It should be noted that QuickBooks only stores the version of the form. therefore, if you want to print the w2 form, you are needed to update the software to the latest version.
- At last, you will have to select employees and you are needed to review the details in the w2 form. After this, you will have to click on the submit button and then proceed to print the form.
- Complete the print form.
Select the type of paper and items that you want to print
The next step is to choose the paper type and items you want to print.
- Initially, you are needed to choose whether you want to use blank paper or you can use preprinted form.
- After this, you will have to choose the item to print and for whom you want to print the form.
Print the form
The last thing is to export the w2 form and then start the printing process. Follow the steps.
- In case you are using the preprinted form, you are needed to print a test page.
- After this, you will have to click on the pdf format.
- Next, you will have to start the printing process.
Prior printing requirement for QuickBooks online
Here are all the requirements that you need to fulfill before reprinting the QuickBooks online.
- Make sure that you are printing using black-colored ink.
- Next, you are needed to make sure that you have all the online payroll services active on your system.
- After this, you are needed to make sure that you are using blank paper.
Steps to reprint W2 forms in QuickBooks
The stepwise process to reprint the w2 form in QuickBooks is mentioned below. Follow the process in the sequence as it is stated.
- The very first step is to click on the tax tables and then select the payroll section.
- Next, you will have to go to the annual form section and then to the employees’ section.
- Next, you will have to select a particular employee.
- Next, select the w2 option and then you are required to select the dates for which you want to print the w2 form.
- Lastly, you will have to click on the view option and it will open up a printable form. Next, you will have to click on the printer icon and then proceed to print. Do you face any printing problems in QuickBooks? Here is the solution for it.
We hope that you found the information mentioned in the article useful and was benefitted from it. We hope that the process we have mentioned has helped you to reprint the w2 form in QuickBooks. In case you are still facing any issues while reprinting the w2 form, you can contact our QuickBooks Customer support team to assist you with it. Our executives are available for you 24×7 and will provide you with an instant solution to the problem.